infant first aid class

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by MrsBandEgglet, Dec 15, 2009.

1. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

Don't know if anyone has been to one but we were told about it in our antenatal classes so booked onto it as there were limited spaces. Have just got back and have to say it was well worth it. :thumbup: It was quite frightening to think of the awful things that can happen to precipitate needing to use first aid but if anyone's as clueless as me or has a tendency to panic it was really worth getting the information so I know what to do. Very glad I went as i've never taken any kind of first aid course and will inevitably panic if anything ever happens. Not saying I won't now but at least i'll have a clearer idea of what to do in the midst of my hysteria lol. :D:D xx

2. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

fabulous idea - definitely going to see if they offer one in our area for OH and I to attend!

3. Jox

Jox 💙💙💙💝

hello darling,

what sort of things did they go over?

How are you? better after last week i hope.

xxx

4. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

Hey, much better now thanks. Two nights left and maternity leave starts so even better then :happydance::happydance: How are you and bubs doing? I'm guessing my pics didn't come through :? sorry. When i'm off after thurs I'll upload onto comp.

In a nutshell we went through:
    - Signs of infection/cold/fever etc
    - Meningitis symptoms and what to do
    - Loss of breath, the reasons/causes, ie, water, choking, even chest infection (in small babies) and what to do if this happens. We went through the A.B.C and S.S.S procedure and then practised it on the doll.
    - Bumps/scrapes/burns etc, what to do, how to treat and all.

The majority of it was interactive but we did demonstrate on the doll a couple of times. It was only a couple of hours and was worth it. Chris was, again, really into it, which was reassuring. He's calmer than me anyway :laugh2: xx