'infantilism' - absolutely mad

I try not to judge, and whilst i may not understand i realize eveyrbody has the right to be different.....

but instructions on how to breastfeed your adult baby is friggin weird. and quite gross.

Really hard to understand that one tbh...although I try not to judge, it's just so bizarre

odd.

there is a reason we grow and advance with age... this is just, well backwards.

its like Benjamin button but worse :dohh:

Omg. I wish I hadn't clicked that other link...it actually makes me feel a bit sick. And my page froze so it wouldn't close or ages! Some of he things people write makes it appear really quite sick.

I think it's bad enough that primark now sell adult babygros!!!

I have one of those! LOL!

I don't want to be treated like a baby though, I just found it funny that I could breastfeed dressed as a cow! :)

on a side not, looking through that website they reckon:

*9 months says 2-3 words besides "mama" and "dada" and recognizes words as symbols for objects: Car - points to garage, cat - meows

thats one hell of a 9 month old! my LO could says dada and baba. it wasnt till 10 months that he started to say mama. and he understand thankyou when he passes us something.

curiosity had me look at some of the photos too....it is quite strange to see adults acting like babies!

my LO is just 8 months and says 'mamma' and 'baba' and rambles loads of other sounds and dont think she understands what i say to her yet..
so im with u that would be on clever 9 month old

i wish my 10 month old wouold say mama... he says every other repetitive sound except M!!!! Im starting to feel left out... :lol:

Each to their own and all that, but, there's something just a bit paedoish about that. I know others will disagree, but that's my take!

although i agree with most of you that it is weird...sick? in what sense? i mean mentally maybe there is a problem there.

BUT is it harming anyone? is it affecting your life? Does someone you dont know about living as a baby in his house really affect how you live your life?

honestly its not my thing, and im not saying i like it, but these people could be doing a lot worse things (such as child molestation) but they arent, and most of them have no desire to be around children. so although i do think its weird, and i do think it shows that these people have an underline mental problem, its not a harmful thing. and if it makes them happy, and whoever takes car of them enjoys doing it...then leave them to it.

Pepsichic....I do agree with you for the most part, but on that site, some of it didn't sit right...one person adverising to be a 'babysitter' says something about 'daddy' looking for little girls to do their diaper change...or something like that, and I don't know...it just seemed odd

Pepsichic....I do agree with you for the most part, but on that site, some of it didn't sit right...one person adverising to be a 'babysitter' says something about 'daddy' looking for little girls to do their diaper change...or something like that, and I don't know...it just seemed odd

but they arent "little girls" they are adult women. and im sure he more then knows that. if he really wanted to be around REAL little girls hed advertise as a real baby sitter for real babies.

i've known about this for ages, i've even been
asked to sell my breast milk before and i know plenty
of people who wear adult nappies, drink out of bottles
and some do have mums, dads, brothers, sisters (who
are also adult babies or adults who look after them) none
of them actually play with real babies or anything like that

i think the people who dress and act as babies
in a sexual way are wrong, however most want to be
children because they didn't have a childhood and they
want to relive it, it's about being innocent and carefree
which is why alot of adult babies are professionals and
their lives are run by rules and deadlines being a baby is
about being free and enjoying life, i can totally understand
why someone would want that, who wouldn't want to
be a carefree with no responsibilies :shrug:

some adult babies have nurseries, wear nappies, have
nannys or wetnurses, some even have play dates with
other adult babies, they're not hurting anyone, there's
nothing perverse about wanting to relive your childhood
and generally most are employed and go back to their
normal lives and become a baby at home which is why
some have 'mums' and 'dads', you'd be surprised how
many adult babies and parents there are!

like i said those who do it for sexual reasons i don't
agree with but it's a lifestyle i do actually understand
and i can see why it's a popular one

just my opinion :flower:

There is a very normal accepted path in life and reliving bring a baby is not on that path. I would argue this is not harmful or not a mental issue. Yeah it doesn't hurt me but I don't know any alcoholics either so does it make that ok?

Medically people grow and progress, to regress to such a state has to mean that there is something going on with that person. Now maybe its inthe same family as dominatrix. People who like to be dominated are different and require different thing. I don't know.

I just can't let this be and say - to each their own- on this one.

Not my cup of tea, and i'd not be thrilled if my OH was into such a thing...however I don't want to judge others who ARE into this, so long as they keep it to their private lives and aren't hurting anyone, don't expose their kids to it etc then I guess it's up to them! Similar to having a fetish to be beaten and humilated by a dominatrix. Not my cup of tea again, but up to them really if thats their thing!

i can see why people think its harmless and stuff, but its unnatural.... to an extreme.

im genuinely worried for these people's sanity, and for it to be passed off as a 'way of life'... what if they need help :shrug: these 'parents' just play along with it, but id be worried that these people actually need mental help and they arent getting it by being bottle fed, and in nappies!

its like saying someone with dementia is choosing to forget, they are happy, so cater to them. when really there is treatment... does that make sense!? not wanting to offend, just cant find another metaphor to describe my point!

domination and submission are completely
different to being an adult baby, they are
both lifestyle choices yes but one is about
control and the other is about freedom

and alcoholism is an addiction, same as any
drug addict or self harmer, serious addicts don't
have a choice they feel they need to do it and
can't cope without it

so again totally different things ...

and i'm sorry but what exactly is this
'normal accepted path' because i can guarentee plenty
of people haven't stuck that path, if people want to