Injectables w/o IVF

Thanks TCC, me too!!!!
its just tough for me this month because I responded so well. I think to myself... If I dont get preggo with 7 follies I never will. However I cant have that mid set. Enough of my negative Nancy-ness!!!

do you mean you had 7 follies at your antral follicle count? How many mature eggs at trigger?

At my CD10 US There were 7 mature, maybe 8.. however the 8th one was a 14mm 3 days before trigger. So she said that was on the border, but due to the size, they can't exclude it for also being mature. All others were 17-20mm, I think. My Antral count I don't have the number. When I did my baseline US on CD3 they said I had a "ton" and I was told they needed to be conservative with the gonal f injections so I don't have too many "mature" follicle. I didn't use my last injection on CD10 because of my response and large follicle count. My RE almost cancelled the IUI because of, they dont want high order multiples.

Wow. My RE will cancel if there are more than 4 mature eggs. :( fx!

Yeah, it was def more than they were shooting for. I had the multiples talk. So we will see. They said they wouldn't do it if there was a chance for triplets, they hadn't had any triplets yet. So we proceeded.

I have 10 antral follicles. I start stim tonight. Then I get an estradiol test on 6/3 to determine when I go in for my next ultrasound. Excited!

You ladies are putting me to shame with your amazing antral and mature follicle counts! With that many follicles, you should be able to get one to fertilize and stick, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

My numbers are so bad, it's hard to stay hopeful. I am trying to be positive that an IUI will work, it only takes one, right? But also trying to prepare myself for next steps, which very well may not include my eggs. It's heartbreaking but if we are going to have to spend tens of thousands of dollars for a baby, I at least want to get a baby out of it!

Momofadane--how much longer til you test?

TTC--how are the injections going? I'm about to start them.

AFM--baseline ultrasound tomorrow, then start follistim. IUI cycle #4 just underway!

Hi all! I was wondering if I could please join you ladies?

I am currently waiting for AF to start so I can begin injectables (after hsg). I am just coming back into ttc after my methotrexate shot I received in March. We got pregnant the end of Jan with Femara and hcg trigger and it sadly ended :-(

I am just looking to talk to people in the same boat as me :) I am a little paranoid because of what happened but am also getting very excited to do the injectables

Welcome Brandy! I go in for my estradiol test tomorrow morning. Fx that things are looking good!

Estradiol test is basically an estrogen test from my understanding. I guess it will tell them how well the FSH shots are working. From there, they are going to tell me if I need to adjust my dosage of FSH injections and when I need to come in for my first ultrasound for them to start measuring and counting my follicles.

Hi Vonn - GL with everything, it's so hard to stay positive through this journey. It's and emotional (and financial) rollercoaster. I pray everything works out for you.

Brandy - I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine finally becoming pregnant then it not working out. GL with this month. Keep us posted on how it all works out.

TTC- GL on your test. Yes, I never get this test either, so that pretty neat your doctors doing the extra step.

AFM - Well No need to test any longer for me, AF graced me with her presences this morning. Moving on to IUI #3 and continuing on Femara and Injections!

Thanks. It was horrible at the time. Luckily I have had 3 months to pull myself together. I am so paranoid but yet I'm getting so anxious for AF to get here so we can get the ball rolling.

I don't think I have that test either. Not sure yet though because we are just starting and haven't had our app to sit down and talk about it yet. I think that will come when AF comes? We shal see lol

How do the shots make you ladies feel? I was horrible on Femara. I am hoping the shots aren't as bad, as does my poor hubby

I don't have any side effects from the injections.

Also, I'm going for my estradiol test this morning. I'll update you ladies with the results. Can't wait!

Brandy--welcome! I can totally understand your mixed emotions. I'm sure you are dying to feel the excitement of an actual bfp, but terrified to go through the heartbreak of a mc. This process is the ultimate emotional rollercoaster!

momofadane--I am so sorry to hear this cycle didn't work. Like I said before, I have a feeling it's just a matter of time for you. Keep up the fantastic follicle production and think positively! You'll get there.

TTC--Good luck with the estradiol test. I get mine checked periodically, can't recall if I usually have it done mid-cycle like you are having done. Might they have you continue with more follistim injections? How high is your dosage? I will be injecting 225 units for four nights, no talk of possibly extending that.

AFM--had my baseline ultrasound yesterday & once again crappy news. I want to feel like the RE's office is a hopeful place to go to, but I want to cry (and sometimes I do) every time I leave there. This time I found out I have a cyst on each ovary, a 14 mm on the right and an 11 on the left. Thanks a lot clomid. :growlmad: I hate that drug. Sorry to be negative...

I had bloodwork done and luckily found out the cysts are not putting out estrogen so I can continue with this cycle. That was good news. So I started the follistim last night. Always a little trepidation when holding that needle up to my belly. It's not terrifying, but it does take a few seconds to work up my courage. I look forward to when it becomes so easy that I don't think twice about it!

Vonn - I know what you mean. I was terrified for that first shot!

AFM - E2 levels are 149. She said that meant that the follistim is working. So, I am to continue with 150 IUs a night and go in Friday for another E2 test and for them to measure my follies. I can't wait to find out what they see on the ultrasound!

Well, I went in for my ultrasound this morning. I've got 5 maturing follies. 18, 16, 15(x2), and 13. My uterine lining is 8.5 (they like to see it higher than 6). The RN thinks that I will trigger tomorrow or Sunday night and come in for my IUI on Monday or Tuesday morning. So, I'm really excited with one caveat. My RE initially said that he would cancel if I had more than 4 maturing follies. The RN thinks that we will be a go, though. So hopeful she's right because I can't afford to do this again next month! I would have to skip a month between sessions with the price tag and mine and DH's income.

Great news TTC! I really hope this med is just what you need. I can't recall your follicle production in previous cycles, but 5 is the highest isn't it? I'm hoping one of those eggs is golden.

Hi momofadane and brandy!

AFM--I have CD7 ultrasound tomorrow. Hoping to see the two cysts have shrunk considerably & that the follistim is working its magic on my two antral follicles.

This is actually my first monitored cycle. I'm certainly happy with my 5 follies, though!

I can't wait for your update tomorrow Vonn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->