Intentionally exposing to certain diseases

Agreed, don't turn this into a vaccination debate. Don't need to hear it's irresponsible or bullshit or anything else thanks :)

We have made our decision, we do NOT vaccinate, I feel it's the most responsible for us so I'm not looking into whether or not I should get them vaccinated or have the illness, we've made our decision on that :)

But we have decided to add rubella to the list of we would expose them to.

I agree that it shouldnt be a for or against debate..as pointed out at the beginning of the thread..the research that I have undertaken surrounding the for and against vary in their opinions, testings, exposure, possible future pandemics and re-straining have led me to decide the informed choice of not vaccinating, but to be called irresponsible is over the top..last I looked this was a natural parenting forum area and for us natural parenting parents it is an area for us to connect..not be suppressed for the decisions we make

Agreed, don't turn this into a vaccination debate. Don't need to hear it's irresponsible or bullshit or anything else thanks :)

If that's aimed at me then I didn't say you were being irresponsible, I was merely giving my opinion.

The Wakefield study is bulls**t, it has absolutely no scientific merit what so ever.

What people choose to do with regards to vaccinating their children is up to them, I would feel irresponsible if I did not vaccinate my child then intentionally set out to make them ill ~ that is my personal opinion and in no way insinuating that you are irresponsible.

Well it's a good thing that I didn't base my decision on anything to do with Wakefield or autism :) We don't just skip MMR, we don't do any. IMO most of these diseases pose less risks than the vaccines themselves, which is why we would expose them to chicken pox and now to rubella.

I think any parent that actually looks fully at all sides of vaccines, the benefits and risks, the benefits and risks of the diseases, ingredients and chances of getting the disease and chooses whatever is best for their child (for or against) isn't being at all irresponsible. And me knowing and feeling the way I do it would be irresponsible if I gave my kids these vaccines :)

And of course I don't want them to be sick, but if they are going to get it I want it done when I'm aware if possible...can help keep them from spreading it, and when they are at ages that it poses the least amount of risks...which is why I would expose them to chicken pox and others at their ages....it gets worse as they get older.

whether our los have the jabs or not they can still catch the illnesses anyway so they arent 100% protected and we cant live in a bubble.

zane had his jabs with no question but since seein threads on here i wish i had looked into it alot more. i could be called irresponsible for not looking into the effects of immunising but because its the norm no one judges me (well not to my face lol)

being a parent is hard enough without pulling faces at each other (and im not directing this to anyone or any post)

Well chickenpox arent vaccinated against here anyway, but Polio and Tetanus /diphteria are imo quite important, since they can be deadly or chronic.

I wouldn't go intentionally exposing them to those :) But I know a lot of people feel certain vaccines are important, we just don't, we see it differently. I'm very happy with my choice not to do any :)

I love it when people actually think about these things instead of just following the crowd. I don't think it matters whether people decide to vaccinate or not, as long as they have really thought about it and know they are in their opinion doing the best for their children then that's what good parenting is about.

I think so anyway. :)

Yeah the wife (that married my grandpa ten years ago ) also thinks that but she rather has the attitude that you could tumble on the street and get an infection with mrsa bacteria and die anyway..

If it is something you feel very strongly about then do it.

Pox Party?! Yikes.

I didn't realise things like pox parties weren't common!! When any kid on our road growing up had the chicken pox, all the other kids were sent to play with them! :lol:

Same here. Chicken pox was just one of those things that you were 99.9% certain to get at some point so the mums used to choose when you'd get it. Think my family had it when I was in the infants at school, so my other sisters would have had it before they started school - got it out of the way nicely. That said, two of my sisters have had chicken pox twice (both got it at separate times when they were in their late teens/very early twenties) but I think my family has a tendency for dodgy immune systems.

There is little our bodies can't fight off with the aid of a good diet. I'm still in two minds about vaccinating. My baby is 11 weeks old and still hasn't had her first jabs as I'm still not sure I want to put her through them :shrug:

I'm of the "natural healing" party you could say :lol: my diet is mainly alkaline (one thing that decreases our bodies immune systems are too much acid in our diets as our body spends so much time trying to neutralise it can't work hard enough fight disease and infection etc effectively without the aid of medicine) and when I feel an illness coming on I juice fast (even for a day works wonders) and I can assure you these are two things that knock the socks off lemsip :rofl: I have a fantastic immune system, very rarely get ill and I wholeheartedly put it down to having a good diet. Whereas my OH eats crap (MAJOR JUNK FOOD JUNKIE :lol: ) and he's ill ALL THE TIME. And he has so many allergies I lose count!

Its deffinatly something to consider, our bodies ARE able to fight illness of many many kinds if we only give it chance :D

I'm not sure how this works out for anyone else but if you look at the chart and see which catagory you mainly fall into... would you agree if you ate more foods from the acid side you were more prone to illness/fatige? Just a thought as since changing to a mainly alkaline (but not totally as you can't expect that!) diet 2 years ago I felt at least 50% better than before and also being vegetarian it helped ALOT with tiredness! :flower:

https://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/mushroompixie/acid_alkaline_chart.gif​

Sorry I went off on a bit of a tangent :blush: its not directly to do with vaccinating babies/children BUT it deffinatly lends weight to building their immune systems and if its decided not to vaccinate I think this would be a very very good route to take!

Thanks for that post!!! Very interesting. I feel the same way about our bodies being able to handle these things if just given the chance to heal it. I am big on a healthy diet for my kids but never looked into that side of things. We probably fall alot into the "lowest" of both categories but some of each of the others too. I think I'll look into this more and try and get an even better diet going for us, thanks!

very interesting post love bunny ive never thought about eating alkaline diet but looking at that i love most food in it but i love my meat lol

i find it difficult to get my 5 a day as it is but i do love fruit and onions are a main staple of our diet

Love bunny have you read the ph miricle book? Sounds very similar to what you're saying so I guess you have but you'd find it fascinating if you haven't!

We're not completely alkaline here but we definitely lean towards it - seedy pancakes are also a big hit with my toddler!!

Love bunny have you read the ph miricle book? Sounds very similar to what you're saying so I guess you have but you'd find it fascinating if you haven't!

We're not completely alkaline here but we definitely lean towards it - seedy pancakes are also a big hit with my toddler!!

Having had chicken pox at 18 years old... I would definitely take my child to a "pox party" for exposure. I watched my much younger brother and sister breeze through it, and I thought I was going to die. It was a very awful illness, one I will never forget.

i had chickenpox twice, my sister had them once as a small child but was very badly sick with them, she still has scars. i could never intentionally make a child sick
meant to add that it's shingles you get when you're older, my dad had it a while ago and he was in an incredible amount of pain. you get shingles regardless of whether you've had chickenpox or nor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->