Intentionally exposing to certain diseases

okay I have just had a look in my vaccinations booklet(International certificates of vaccination) and I am vaccinated against following:

Tetanus
Diphterie
Pertussis
Polio(poliomyelitis)(orally)
FSME or TBE (in english )((early summer meningoencephalitis( an infection submitted by a tick bite)
Hepatits B
seasonal influenza in 2002 and
swine flu last year(actually only because my mum had a dose left from hospital(she is the head nurse in a dialysis practice)
I also got the refreshment for the decadial vaccinations.

i had chickenpox twice, my sister had them once as a small child but was very badly sick with them, she still has scars. i could never intentionally make a child sick
meant to add that it's shingles you get when you're older, my dad had it a while ago and he was in an incredible amount of pain. you get shingles regardless of whether you've had chickenpox or nor

It is really horrible to think of making your child sick, but in some places it's 99% certain that your child will get chicken pox at some point. I'd rather choose for Leyla to get it when it's easiest for her. I hope she has it before she starts school so that she's not missing anything and there's no pressure for her to feel better quickly etc. Imagine if you got it when you were old and doing GCSEs or something, eek!

You can get chicken pox as an adult too :)

I can't say personally that I'd intentionally send Claire to a "Pox Party". :) We definitely do all our vaccinations, not a slam against the OP or anyone else who chooses not to but it just isn't something we personally are comfortable with doing.

I had Chicken Pox as a child and had maybe 5 spots on my entire body. My brother caught it from me and was covered head to toe, inside his mouth, crazy high fever and it was horrible, horrible agony for him. He caught it on our way down to visit family 5 hours from home and he was maybe 9 or 10? I was 7. Anyways, he was actually crying and saying he wanted to die... that's how bad it was.

:nope: I couldn't intentionally inflict that on Claire. Not that its a issue as we vaccinate though. I suppose mainly too because even though generally these diseases are mild there IS always the chance that it won't be.

On a totally different note, glad your friend's daughter doesn't have Rubella!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->