interacting with LO

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
im just wondering if there was a way i can start to interact with my LO.

i dont know if its too early to do so,but thought we could start bonding.

what do you all do to interact with your LO?
is it too early?

thanks for reading.

I don't think I was doing anything at 17 weeks as I hardly even had a bump and could only feel flutters of movements but around 19 weeks I started getting proper kicks and I'd sometimes poke back. I think at 17 weeks they're too little to do much but they start to be able to hear at 16 weeks to you can talk to baby and play music. I put headphones on my belly!

My baby has only just started reacting to being prodded and touched, but he doesn't react to sound or light yet, I guess its still a bit early.

Not reallysure what you can do, but we've been readin our baby stories from about your stage :) It might sound silly, but its something me and my OH can do.

xxx

thank you anita.
yeh im only feeling flutters ill wait for a bit longer to start playing.

I rub my belly with lotion (trying to keep the stretch marks at bay! lol) and talk to her at the same time. DH does it at night, and she kicks when he gets really close to my belly and talks. She started reacting to him around 19 weeks I think. I definitely play music to her. Even if you can't feel it, babies are supposed to react quite young to music. I'm trying to give her good taste in music (or at least MY taste lol)

ive got this little rabbit that im going to hang on the side of the cot and it plays a little tune so i sometimes hold that to my tummy as i reckon it will help soothe her when she is born as it will be a familar sound. worth a try lol plus she likes it now anyway!

I give my belly a rub everytime she kicks and she seems to kick wherever my hand moves :)

Awww xleannex thats a good idea! i have been given four things that you hang on the side of your cot (not sure which one/ones to use yet) but i will definately start doing that !

yes thats a really good idea,im gonna start doing that but i havnt started buying yet.

for all of you who plays music to their LO,
what sort of music do you play?

ive got this little rabbit that im going to hang on the side of the cot and it plays a little tune so i sometimes hold that to my tummy as i reckon it will help soothe her when she is born as it will be a familar sound. worth a try lol plus she likes it now anyway!

thats a really good idea..I heard in mamas and papas the other day the mobile music I had as a baby and it even soothed me and I am 27!!!! :rofl:

will go and look at musical mobiles etc this weekend I think!

dont forget LO can hear your voice too, so sing to him/her or read a story

They say that babies can hear men's voices much sooner than they can hear women's so having your OH talk to the baby can really help to soothe it when it's born and he's holding it.

My husband talks to the baby every night.
Last night when the baby was having its party time, he caught his little foot. It was hilarious.
And babies also respond to music, so put one of your earphones on the belly.

I love playing with a torch ! He loves music and he also kicks when the dogs are barking.

I play all the top pops, plus more. Songs with strong beats (like Kanye West), songs that I like to sing to (Stevie Wonder, Dolly Parton, Abba), a song with her probable name in it, and classical soothing stuff.

They say that babies can hear men's voices much sooner than they can hear women's so having your OH talk to the baby can really help to soothe it when it's born and he's holding it.
yep yep, we proved that when we had the 4D scan. Bubba turned around to OH voice. sooooo cute, and on dvd to keep...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->