Internal checks during delivery?

The only time I found them truly uncomfortable was when I had a student nurse not know what to do with the other fingers that weren't inserted in my lady parts. they ended up practically inserted in the " other" part that's down there, lol.

I completely agree with those that said its your choice. As a nurse(at least here in the US) we're taught that we cannot do any procedure if a pt says no. It's considered assault. Now, if u want an epidural, then there are protocols that have to be followed. So, the situation might be, no check, no epidural. Your best bet is to discuss this with ur OB BEFORE labor. Have them explain the options. Hopefully they won't try to talk u into anything, or tell u that u "have" to do something.

I too am one of those ladies who pretty much doesn't care(within reason) what goes on down there, lol. Everyone is different though, and that must be respected.

You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. I found it completely painless with my first. And honestly when they did check it was nice to know how far along I'd come! I haven't read all the replies but how would they know if you were fully dilated/not progressing if they didn't check? Pushing too soon and not being dilated enough could cause issues? I felt uncomfortable about the thought of it but when it came to it I honestly couldn't have cared less what they did down there so long as baby was ok and descending! :haha: good luck whatever you decide :hugs:

I think i had 2 when i was in labour, i was induced so the first was to insert the gel and the second was 6 hours later when i was examined and had my waters broken. I had no clue how dilated i was the whole time i was in labour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->