Internal US tomorrow for fibroids

Mellymel

Reaction score
Tomorrow morning I go o the hospital to get an internal US to see if any action needs to the place for my fibroids. They only found them during my one US at 13 wks (same time the tech didn't find a HB).

Part of me is hoping for surgery to remove any chance of this being the culprit for my mc.

Part of me wants it to be no big deal so I can start refocusing ASAP before I get past bing able to get pregnant (I'm 38).

I'm nervous but glad to get it over and done with so I can finally see the OBGYN (for he first time) to discuss the results of the 1st US and d&c results.

What type of fibroids do you have? They found a pedunculated fibroid, 5" in diameter in me. I miscarried and am having the D&C and myomectomy next tuesday. Options vary on the type of fibroids you have.

I'm not sure yet. Will see the OBGYN first week of Sept. I'll update when I know more :S

Sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss as well. Please keep me updated as we sound like we are going through similar situations. The ultrasound itself isnt a big deal. Its the worrying about what they will find and the treatment that is. My doctor said most fibroids will shrink after pregnancy, so they may just monitor you. Have you had any symptoms from the fibroid? I had low back pain, tenderness and pain in the pelvic area. Sex could be painful sometimes. I didnt think anything of it until the doctor found it.

So an update.....

The technician spent about 45 minutes (maybe more) trying to ensure he was thorough with the US. I finally get to see an OBGYN about 8 weeks post D&C (about 5 months after I found out I was pregnant). I was hoping to find out whether I needed surgery to remove the fibroids so I can TTC again.

What do I find out?? I have fibroids that are up to 2cm. That's it. We knew I had several fibroids...what we needed to know was where and how many. Gee thanks Radiologist for pointing out the obvious and not providing any details.

I am SO frustrated. Now I have to wait again. I was told by the OBGYN that I now have to wait for her to get the results to review because where they are located will make a difference.

UGGHHHH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"