International bumps to be!

RJ - congrats on your little darling - so cute! Since I don't see signatures on here, I didn't know your due date was before mine.

Madrid, I read you found a reason for the previous miscarriages - but it also reads like there will be no real help for it? Did I misread something, or is that right?

Expat - the amnio might be an option... but also a risk. How sad would it be, to lose a - maybe healthy - baby because you want to know about the downs syndrome etc.? In the end, even with the amnio you can never be 100 % sure the baby is healthy. There are so many illnesses (physically and mentally ones) a child can have or develop, that might require a family to change their life style.... However, chances are that your baby will be healthy.:hugs:

AFM, I'm pretty tired. 4 weeks till my due day (July 24). Of course, baby is getting bigger, I am getting bigger (gained a ton!), and moreso things in general are getting more exhausting. Not easy to run over a playground with a 2yr old when you are 9 months pregnant:winkwink:

I feel so exhausted all the time, I'm not even sure I'm ready for weeks and weeks of no sleep really. Especially since I'll have to get back to work after 2 months already.:shrug:

Oh well, and I'm so, so scared of the birth. The pains, or that anything goes worng, and everything:nope: I have a midwife that will stay with me during labor until it's time to go to the hospital. And she's also specialized in home births, just in case we won't find anyone to take care of our toddler on short notice or something:coffee:...

Thanks dusty - sounds like you're really lining everything up! How was the birth with your first one? Loads of positive thoughts as you get ready :)

Madrid - how are you doing?

I'm desperately trying to get my head around the amount of time that DH and I will be apart from each other before and after birth. Looks like I will head to Canada for 1 week in mid-August to drop off bags, then head to Italy for 2.5 weeks, meeting DH there to see the family, then he goes back to PNG and I'll go back to Canada - until November, when he comes to be with me for a few weeks before I'm due.... He will only have two months off, so he won't be able to stay with me till I have to fly, as I need to get immunizations for the little one before heading back to PNG again. Augh.

Hi expatt! I'm doing well so far as I always do anyway. It's from 8 wks onwards when things can start to go wrong for me.
So far I had my haematologist appt & they put me on daily injections,aspirin, calcium & vitamin D. All these because I may have a blood clotting condition. I've started when I was 5 wks and I already got used to it.
Had the scan last Tuesday and even though I have a retroverted uterus we managed to see the little bean & the hb. Next scan on the 13th & that's the most important one as the baby should be bigger. Last time this was the scan that showed no hb so to a certain extend I know what I'm getting myself into. It's a 50/50 chance.

Madrid, sending you loads of positive thoughts from over here :) So lovely to hear the heartbeat - the 13th must feel so far away...this is the literal manifestation of baby steps, it seems!

Dusty - absolutely not easy to run round after your lo whilst heavily pregnant, i remember only too well how exhausting it is at that stage. hope you are managing to take good care of yourself. Not sure if it's any consolation but many people say second births are easier, and it was certainly true for me. Don't be scared & think of meeting you little one v soon!

Expat - gosh you guys really jet about, I hope you are managing to get plenty rest etc too. it must be hard to think of times ahed away from dh honey...

Madrid - glad to hear latest scan went well & will be thinking of you on the 13th

not much news here, i don't know where the time goes but i'm enjoying every minute with my girl. on the home front things have been v tough with my fil having a heart attack & my own dad relapsing (rare leukaemia), although things are starting to look a little brighter.

xx

ps on an International front - Andy Murray in the wimbledon final woop woop - we watching anxiously through our fingers!

x

rjs mam, sorry to hear of the problems you have been having on the home front; sending you lots of positive thoughts...bet that little girl is keeping you sooooo happy.

I think that our little avocado got inspired by wimbledon!! Last night was the FIRST time that I felt a little, definite kick AND a flutter!!!!!!!! So lovely, and I was so excited I started to cry. DH couldn't feel it, but got all emotional watching me get emotional :)

Hi ladies how are you all?

Madrid, Expat - how are things going??

x

I didnt know this post was still active! How is everyone doing??? I'm super busy lately, planning to move to the north of Spain by the end of September and a bunch of other stuff...BUT....I'm so happy! On my 3rd cycle of Clomid (had stopped TTCing after the second one) I decided to try one more time, then I regretted it cuz we were so busy, we adopted 2 week old kitten which we had to feed every 2 hours, I was working long hours, so timing wasnt great.
We only did the deed a few times when we felt like it, don't even know when I ovulated (wasnt CD because I have a scan pic of the follicle of that day).

6 days before my period we went to see what to expect when you are expecting and were joking about it "imagine if you were pregnant right now..blah blah blah", just for fun. It had been a while since I had peed on a stick so the next morning I decided to take a pregnancy test knowing that it would be negative even if I was pregnant. Well...within a few seconds a start seeing a veeery faint pink like, sent a pic to DH and he said he couldnt see anything. Took another test and it was a bit darker, just a tiny bit. Didnt want to get my hopes up so waited til the next day (4 days before my period), and took a CB and it said pregnant!!!:happydance:

Now I'm meant to be 5+6 but I'd say I'm not that far gone yet.

Oh and I forgot...

Went to my Dr on wednesday and got a scan at 5+5. Saw my lil bean :happydance:, still early to see a heart beat (I think I'm not that far along yet) so I'm going back next wednesday to confirm it.
I got it done at the clinic, wasnt meant to have it yet but convinced the Dr...:blush: she is so nice haha. Next app is at the hospital. I was so happy though because I got one done at 4 weeks and obviously they couldnt see anything, not even the sac which is normal, but it freaked me out. I only got that one done because I was feeling strong period pains and my boobs had stopped hurting, so I went into A&E and made it sound worse than it was :blush: DH wanted to kill me!!

Sorry about the poor quality, i took it with my phone. It was measuring 2.4mm

https://i46.tinypic.com/w0kqpl.jpg

Hello from Canada! After 5 weeks of traveling and some jetlag post-Papua, I am finally settling in! Difficult to do so without DH, who will only join at the end of November (around 36 weeks - eeks)...
Molly CONGRATS!! How are you feeling?
Any updates from anyone else? :)

28 weeks!!!! Wow expatt, time is certainly flying. Do you know what you're having?

Nope, we're sticking team yellow till the end. It's making baby shopping -- at least resisting buying things -- so much easier at this stage, and gives everyone something to talk and guess about...
How are you feeling Madrid?? I'm so excited to see your ticker!!! Must go catch up on your journal :)

Thank you Hun! I'm doing great so far. I'll find out gender next Tuesday if we can at the anatomy scan. I continue with the treatment & I'm glad to see it work so far. I hope all will be well on Tuesday & then ill be able to believe this a bit more.

I could never be team yellow unless forced, lol I think is hard to find neutral baby stuff. Most is either boy or girl. Well done you though!!:winkwink:

DH proposed it, and I thought it would be good to try to do it his way -- I love seeing him so involved and he gets really excited at the prospects associated with either a boy or a girl...double the fun - it IS hard to find neutral stuff, but that's good for me! Means that I don't buy too much, particularly now I am back in a country where I can go shopping :)
So happy to read your journal...can't wait to find out your colour from the scan, and also see some photos!!
I know what you mean about waiting to believe it. Even now, I wait for kicks with anticipation, and look down and think ''really''!

Expatttc I always thought I would wait, but when it came to it I just couldnt, and at 9 weeks I got a blood test done to find out the sex :dohh: It was my bday prezzie though :blush:. So we are having a little girl!

I've moved to the north of Spain (Cantabria). Gonna go to 2 hospitals over here, one which is close and in the same city, but I dont like it as much, and a private one in Bilbao (an hour away). If all goes well I'll give birth in the second one though.

I had my first visit in it today and loved it. My Dr is not as nice as the one I had in Madrid, but what can you do. Had a scan and was able to see baby Daniela stretching, kicking and punching! Got 3 pictures but they arent great since she wouldnt stop moving.
I was put forward a few days, I'm meant to be 11+4 instead of 10+6 so had blood taken for the triple screening and will be gettin my 12 week scan on monday.

Excellent news Molly!! Congrats on team pink. Cantabria? that's a huge change from Madrid. I hope you'll like it there.

I know! But i didnt live in town anyway...and so far I like it. Except for the looking for a place part (we are staying at a house my in laws have). It feel a bit more like Ireland which I like.
It was hard leaving my house though, I didnt think it would be I'm so used to moving but it definitely was. Oh wel... I hope its for the better, and now we have the lil beanie to concentrate on!

Hows your pregnacy going??

It's going well so far. I keep with the medication daily and I'll find out tomorrow if all is good. I'll also find out the gender :happydance: :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->