International bumps to be!

hey Madrid - great to hear from you, how are things?

yes i am now overdue!! having some cramping & intense bh's tonight but have had these before so goodness knows when junior will make his/her arrival! we're getting impatient :haha:

hope all the other international ladies are doing well

x

I'm on cd3 of cycle 2 after the mc. Last cy le we bd at the right time but I guess it wasn't meant to happen so I'm hoping this cycle will be the one as we ttc ladies always do.
On Wednesday I have my scan at the hospital to check ovaries. Nothing else I'm afraid.

Hope he/she won't take too long now. Can't wait to find out what it is.

glad to hear the hospital is keeping an eye on you & you're getting scans etc

some dust for you & hoping to see a bfp v soon! > :dust:

am actually having tightenings/cramps tonight..... but have had a couple of false 'this is it' moments already so i'm waiting it out!!!

x

dusty, sending :hugs: and hoping you're doing okay out there!!

rjsmam, good grief a watermelon!!! Sending loads of thoughts and I can't wait to hear when the little one finally greets us!

madrid, looking forward to hearing about your scans - sending loads of baby dust :)

I'm doing okay, the spotting stopped as soon as it began, really, though I have lost a kilo in the past ten days. Eeks! Didn't mean for it to happen but I have been so nauseous that I guess even snacking here and there through the day hasn't been enough. When I sit down to any meal the smells are really what throw me for a loop. In weeks 8 and 9, I actually gained weight and I think it's because I also had whopper allergies so I couldn't really smell anything - so I could eat more! DH got worried when he realized I was actually losing a little bit of size, and his being Italian means that I think the days will hold more pasta, but hopefully, less roasting garlic.

We will be heading down to Brisbane again in a few weeks, as I have my 12-week scan on June 4th, which based on the last u/s is more likely my 11 week 5 day scan, and that will be followed up by the nuchal scan a day or so after (as soon as blood work is ready). That kind of scares the cookies out of me....but I am looking forward to another u/s to make sure everythings okay...

Next week (this sunday actually) I travel for work to a PNG province (just a 1-hour flight each way), I'm coordinating a workshop on community-based disaster risk management for 4 days, and I am wondering how I can do it without much stress. Just want to be able to relax and trust in my team members... Sorry, a bit of a rant! It's been a while since an update!

A very quick update to let you know Eva Mairi was born on Thursday morning at 6.37am. She was born in the birthing pool at the hospital weighing 7lbs 9oz.

We besotted with her already! Will pop in again soon for proper update

Xxx

Wow rjsman I'm so happy for you!! A little girl, just as you wanted, congrats!!!

rjsmam, congratulations!! Looking forward to hear how everything went!!! xx

My first scan was lovely; put us behind by a few days, so it was at around 7weeks 1 day instead of 7 weeks three days BUT heard a heartbeat and saw a strong little bean :)
On the 4th of June we're going back to Brisbane for the 12 week scan, and also the nuchal tests. I'm a bit scared of that.

Hi ladies - nuchal scan came back with only 1:6000 risk, which is great, since I'll be 35 when I deliver (and based on age, my risk would be 1:299).

BUT dh is still thinking in spite of that risk, that amnio might be an option..he has been very open about not being able to raise a child with downs in the type of life that we have (developing countries, rural settings etc), but I'm confused....I know that the NS is 90-95% accurate at placing high risk babies. Any suggestions on where to go for more information AFTER the ns results are good?

You could go into relax mode. If the results are good there's no point putting yourself at risk with a test like the amnio. I can only say to you that we all want our babies to be born with no disabilities and many people have been told in the past there was a risk, to be suffering all their pregnancies and to have a "normal" baby. And the same the other way around so just go with what they've told you. :hugs:

Thanks Madrid, that's really what I was thinking too. Just really want DH to be able to sit back and enjoy this!

You are 15wks tomorrow expatt? That's great!! Time passing very fast.

Madrid!! I'm so happy to see your ticker!!!! how are you? I hope you're keeping well..............

x

Thanks rjsman! I'm getting treatment because I've got a clotting condition and hence the mc's. Hopefully it'll be better this time around but unfortunately a bfp doesn't necessarily means baby in my case.
Lovely pic of your baby girl!!

aw Madrid it's only natural for you to feel anxious & full of trepidation.... but sounds like the medical folks are taking good care of you. i hope its not too stressful.... i will be looking out for your news!

I hope everyone else is doing good too - would love to hear updates from everyone......

here's another pic of my darling - one of my faves.... can you believe we're having to have the conversation about when i go back to work... boo hoo

x

Attachments

• Smiler.jpg
    Smiler.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1
rj'smam, such a cutie!!

Madrid - lovely ticker :) Will keep sending you positive thoughts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->