International bumps to be!

Hi ladies, Just wanted to wish everyone a happy belated easter :bunny:

...okeys, am thinking I'm the only one reading this thread now! Too bad; miss you guys, but wishing all well...

Hey Expat........ hope you had a good Easter

i still check in regularly & like you miss everyone's updates

x

Hello rjsmam! Happy you're still around; I have good news actually - will add a banner today to explain. Fx for a sticky bean :)

Hello rjsmam! Happy you're still around; I have good news actually - will add a banner today to explain. Fx for a sticky bean :)

oh my!!!!!!!!! i'm hoping it's what i think it is!!!!!!!

xxxx

Oh.... Will be checking in expattc!
I'm in the sleepless newborn phase, just trying to get through the days and nights...

Has been a crazy journey; still not 100% yet as I have to go to australia for my first scans and bloodwork, but hpts and symptoms say sticky bean!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Yay Expat!!!! I've been looking out for your update!!!!
How are you feeling?! Hows is your oh? Much excitement!

Chrissi - how are you - hope the sleepless nights aren't too bad - I also have the sleepless nights but pregnancy related! 12 days left at work for me until mat leave - roll on!

I hope all the other ladies are doing good, Madrid, Dusty, Stuckinoki, Hena etc

xxxx

Thanks ladies; we'll see what happens - no way to get bloods done here in POM, so I have to wait for australia to get everything confirmed and checked. Cramping every day, but no spotting.
Chrissi - hope you're getting some naps in here and there :)
rjs mam, how are you feeling?
madrid - have been thinking of you! Hope all is okay...must go read your journal :)

Congratulations Expatt! That's wonderful news!
Hope all goes well - when are you going to Australia?
And will you stay in POM for pregnancy and delivery!?

I'm very busy here with 2 kids and a newborn that screams a lot. I also have to finish a book by October - not sure yet how I could manage, but maybe Lilo will get into a pattern soon...

Chrissy, what's your book on?
I'm going to Australia (Brisbane) on Thursday, for my first scan friday! And first blood work too...can't wait. I'm still having cramps, though no spotting, and I think that I'll feel so much better once I get the scan done.
I have to decide where to give birth, DEFINITELY NOT PNG - the care here is horrible at the best of times, and i'd have to be medivac'd out if anything went wrong.
I don't really want to give birth in Australia either, I'd rather Canada, but I also don't want to be apart from DH for that long. I'm due in December, so what it looks like as of now would be traveling to Italy for August/Sept, then I go to Canada and he heads back to PNG. Then I'm alone for the end of Sept / all of Oct / early-mid November, then he comes back, stays with me till the birth, and 2-3 months after on paternity leave.
So many questions! How early after birth can you get a baby's passport and immunizations? How early before they, and you, are able to safely (and sanely) fly?
I guess it would be easier in Australia, but it's so far away for both of our families to visit...

rj's mam, how are you feeling? Getting close now!

Madrid, what have you been up to? Are you taking time off ttc for a while?

Hi to all the other ladies :)

wow expatt so many things to consider!! With the Spanish consulate they give you the passport within 21days, so it's pretty fast I think considering I'm in the uk.
I was flying with my son when he was a month old. It wasn't a problem at all for him. I just breastfeed him during take off and landing in case his ears would hurt.

I'm good! Had my scan and all was ok; the doctors were wrong about the possibility of me having a polyp in my uterus. They said I could ttc now if I wanted and that's what we're doing.
I'd bought the CBFM and I got my first high yesterday so I'm very pleased with that as I'm on cd14. I'm hoping to get a peak on cd20 but we'll see.

Rjsman, how are you? Hope you'll let us know once the baby is here!

Hi to all.

hey ladies - great to hear updates from you :flower:

expat - goodness what a lot you have to consider on top of everything else - your head must be scrambled! can't wait to hear how the scan goes - please update us if you can!

madrid - pleased to hear that you don't have a nasty polyp and that you are able to get right on with ttc. here's hoping the cbfm is a lucky charm for you! keep us posted!!

afm - i'm still working - finishing on Friday! am pretty tired & i can't tell you how awful the heartburn is -but i've really had the most straightforward pregnancy so mustn't grumbe! junior is due 2wks this wk end & we can't wait!

Hope all our other ladies are well!

x

Madrid, so happy to hear that you’re good, and right on time with this cycle! I’m worried with the length of the flights - it generally takes a few days to get to Canada from Australia, depending on the way you fly. I think i’d break it up and stay a few nights in transit in each location, unless you think that the ascent and descent is the worst part….then maybe long hauls are best?

Rjsmam, I’ll let you know how the scan goes, of course! What preparations are you still catching up with? Sorry about the heartburn….that’s already started for me!

Hey everyone,

been a stressy time for me, and still is. This pregnancy is so different... when pregnant with my dd, I was at home all the time - now I work and things are stressy, plus I have to take care of a toddler who is in the terrible twos (difficult phase, esp. when she also doesn't want to sleep:shrug:). I guess she also kind of knows that something is going on... we redecorated our apartment, I'm being moody'ish (if not depressed)... not the greatest mom, lately.:cry:

An even though I'm pregnant, even though we already have a name for the baby, and I do enjoy feeling her moving inside... I still felt very sad when on April 24, my friend gave birth to her baby as it was the due date of my baby that I lost in September.

expat - I have no idea about the flying and stuff, as I'm scared of flights altogether. I'm really impressed how you manage to get used to new places to live all the time.:hugs: And, of course, congrats:flower::flower::flower:

Madrid - Good news, that you can continue to TTC. I wish you all the best and hope for one sticky bean for you:hugs:

Chrissi - our dd was like that, too. Took 3 months until she slept rather at night then over the day (not through the night, that took way longer). She was one of those babies who needed to be carried a lot, never wanted to be put down (which was very exhausting). Our dd never even liked her Manduca either, but some parents really find them helpful.

RJ - I hope you are okay:flower::hugs:

dusty, sounds like you're busy! Don't worry - you're allowed to be moody - can DH give you a bit of a break for a bubble bath? :)

I had a great scan on Friday...clear little bean showing at 7 weeks, 1 day, which is a few days behind my dates, but may be normal since my ovulation was delayed by a few days. It had a great little heartbeat, so we were so happy and told our parents on Saturday (whoohoo video skype).

However, upon returning to Port Moresby from Brisbane, when I went to the washroom I realized that I had had some spotting -- dark brown and just a tiny clot with a few specks (sorry tmi), but it was there...with some light brown discharge. Through the rest of last night I had just the discharge (like normal cm but beige), and today as well. Of course I'm worried...I called my doctor here (not great, but a doctor) who called me back and advised bed rest. He said it could just be due to hormonal changes, and that I should keep him posted if it gets heavy, if there are cramps, or if there's any red.
So far today, I've just continued to have a bit of the light brown discharge when I wipe, and a bit coming down on the pad. And I'm itchy! So I'm wondering if maybe I have an infection....I'm trying to make an appointment to see him tomorrow.
I'm still knackered, boobs sore, and nauseous, but I have to admit, it was so hard to stay calm when I saw that spotting.
Sorry...that's alot about me. I want to be happy, but I'm also worried.

expat :hugs: I had some brown spotting at 7wks too & remember how scary it is. it's very very common though & usually will just pass - my dr told me sometimes your body tries to act as normal & bleed around the time you usually have your period. hope you get an apmnt with the dr tomorrow - keep your feet up for now ! xx

dusty - great to hear from you, sorry you are feeling a bit down in the pregnancy, you really do have a lot going on so don't be hard on yourself honey

no news here.. i finally finished work last Friday & am now on my first official day of mat leave! i thought my bump had dropped but the killer heartburn has returned so am unsure..... literally cannot sleep for more than 2hrs at a time but i know it'll all be worth it soon...

x

Rjsman how are you? Already pass due date.

Expatt how are things? You made it to double digits! Congrats!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->