internet cheapies and faint lines

nada87

Reaction score
has anyone had a faint bfp on an ic and actually been pg? i know it seems like a dumb question but i'm freaking out becuz i've taken 2 ic's today (the 2nd at dh's request) and both had faint + but i don't know if i can trust it. dh says i'm pg and thats that but i'm afraid to believe it. even though i've had symptoms and stuff and have been thinking it's possible for the last week i don't know what to think. i would upload a pic but my camera is broken. my plan is to wait 2 days and test again but i don't know if i can wait.

From what I observed from some ladies on here is that they use the test strips as a cheap way to satisfy their need to test but will verify it with by poas. I say give it a few days for some more hcg to build up, then go and buy a digital test and see if it shows up then.

Here's lots of :dust::bfp::dust::bfp:for you!

I have a faint positive today with an ic. I've never had even the faintest line before so I'm keeping my hopes up. If I get another faint positive tomorrow (11dpo) I will buy a frer to use the following morning.

i had a barely visible faint line with my last pregnancy it ended in MC at 11 weeks but it shows that faint lines can mean something :)

Yup

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-tests-gallery/217373-cheapie-test-update-page-5-a.html

I would definately test with something like a FRER to confirm. I used a Superdrug test & FRER and got BFPs on both, then did an IC after and it had the faintest little line that could have been an evap, I don't think they're very reliable but it does sound good to me! xx

I never got a faint line when I wasn't pregnant - usually a line is a line hun! Test again tomorrow! x

I have used hundreds of cheap poundland tests over the years( when I was avoiding being pregnant ironicly) and never had a false positive. I think you have cracked it :)

I bought cheapie tests from ebay and that gave me a faint line, getting darker by the day :) Now i'm ready to have her in 6 weeks!

Best of luck :hugs:

i would just nip and get a proper FRER test and ditch the ic as yes they are ok to indicate pregnancy at 1st but need something better to comfirm hun .. good luck sounds like a :bfp: tho :) xxx

so i couldn't hold out and not test so i took another this am and it was another faint pos. but i'm still not sure if i can believe it. i'm tempted to get dh to take one for comparison. but i only have 2 left. ugh. i'm going to test again thursday if af hasn't come. i'm two days late now and have been getting possible af cramps (usually they are strong but right now they are light)for the last two days. i should just go get a digi but they are expensive and i don't want to spend the money til i get paid. i'll let you know what happens

Aw nada87...........that sounds sooo promising, im gonna say congrats on ur BFP.
Please let us no tm how u get on wi testing again..........go on get urself a digi and see those words "Pregnant" then ul believe it!!!! how long hav u been trying hun??

auntiebee, you might hate me for this but it's my first cycle trying.
i had an early m/c last month (wasn't ttc) and that made me realize i wanted another baby. i think the m/c is the reason i don't want to believe the ic's. with the m/c i just had a faint line too, i took a test 3 weeks after the m/c to see if all of the hcg was out of my system and that test was neg so i think i really am but i'm scared to hope.
by the way, i got dh to take a test for comparison and his was snow white neg so i guess i really am. i'm still taking another test tomorrow to see if the line gets darker

i've done all my tests with cheapie tests

if you have to tilt it etc to see anything, then it's a no, but a faint line is a line!
here's my set of cheapies :)

i've tested before the first one too but then i didn't really see a line, more a pink cloud
but it didn't really count imo.
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/Shimaey2/preggoproof.jpg

hey nada87.......i dont hate u 4 that im soooo happy 4 u and u no wot that is soooo often the way to get preggers straight after a mc, both my sisters got pregnant straight after their MC's and never got a period. Baby dust 2 every1.

tinybutterfly that is an impressive set of tests! I hope you've framed them!! :D

i managed to wait two days and use my last ic. i got another positive, this one appeared before the 5 minutes the test says to wait (it was there at 1.5 min) then i stopped looking until the 5 minutes were up. this second line puts the earlier lines to shame. next to the new line the old lines look like evaps. i guess this means i am, but now i'm scared to go to the dr becuz last time that's when things started going wrong

:bfp: Congrats! :D

Can you go to a different dr? Was it the dr's fault?

oh it wasnn't the drs fault but that's the day that all the bleeding started they didn't do anything to cause it but i started spotting for 8 days then all out bleeding started and i lost the baby. i just don't want to go cuz i'm afraid of what they might tell me about my hcg levels (those were the big concern last time cuz they weren't high enough or doubling) i have an appt monday wish me luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->