Interracial relationships

smelly07

Mummy of 2 girls & wifey
Reaction score
How do you feel about interracial relationships?

are you in a interracial relationship?

would you date other races if no why not?

Are you mixed race?

some interesting statistics:

When black and Whites marry, there is 2.65 times more likely to be an black husband and a white wife. In fact, 73 percent of all black and White marriages have this setup.

When Asians and Whites marry, the situation is nearly reversed. In these marriages, it is 3.08 times more likely for the husband to be White and the wife to be Asian

These marriages are still fairly rare. When these couples do marry, it's 6.15 times more likely that the husband will be black and the wife Asian.

When Hispanic men and women decide to marry someone of a different race, the difference between men and women is nearly equal. Eighteen percent of Hispanic wives are married to a non-Hispanic man. On the flip side, 15 percent of Hispanic men have a non-Hispanic wife.
In marriages involving Hispanics and Whites, it is 1.17 times more likely that the wife is Hispanic and the husband is White than the other way
around.

At one point Mixed race relationships were thought to be the cure to racisim eventually leading to one race being human race.

I am mixed race, my dad was from african & indian heritage and was born and raised in Kenya, my mum is white but there is mexican/mediterranean heritage in her family (great grandparents.)
My husband is white and so our children are also mixed race but i guess a bit more diluted, as i am mixed race its normal to me.
I have a very muti-cultural family with lots of different raced relatives.

There is currently no multi-culture relationship or marriage within my family. However we all live in a very rural area of the northeast where ethnic minorities are not only a minority but barely existent.

I have never really considered race when looking for a relationship, nor have i considered many other things like religion, culture or even gender.

I think you have to judge people as individuals.

Would I worry about cultural differences if I was to be with someone of a different background, I do think it would cross my mind. Especially if we were in a serious relationship where marriage and children were being considered. However then again youve got to consider the individual circumstances again.

I'm not in a mixed race relationship, nor have I ever been. In fact I've never even kissed anyone who wasn't white British.

There is no reason for this, I live in an area with a really mixed group of ethinic minorites and I know a lot of Black, Asian, Mixed race people. I think for me, I've always just gravitated toward what is essentially "my race". But certainly not in racisit sense of avoiding other cultures.

I am always really interested in relationships that stay and work through different religions because I imagine it can be quite a challenge x

yeah tbh i think a difference in religion would be harder to deal with, neither of my parents were strictly 'religious' as such, I do not follow/believe in any religion and i seem to gravitate more to men who are the same in that sense, from experience a difference of religion for me is when it starts to get complicated. x

I wouldn't change my religion for anyone and I think in some cultures that would definitely be a pre-requsiite of being together . Or if you have no beliefs then I dont think you could just adopt your partners.

i dont care what others do. its none of my business! I personally only seem to be attracted to white men and sometimes arabic men.

If i fell in love with a muslim and he wanted to get married then id consider converting as currently im no religion.

How do you feel about interracial relationships?

are you in a interracial relationship?

would you date other races if no why not?

Are you mixed race?

some interesting statistics:

When black and Whites marry, there is 2.65 times more likely to be an black husband and a white wife. In fact, 73 percent of all black and White marriages have this setup.

When Asians and Whites marry, the situation is nearly reversed. In these marriages, it is 3.08 times more likely for the husband to be White and the wife to be Asian

These marriages are still fairly rare. When these couples do marry, it's 6.15 times more likely that the husband will be black and the wife Asian.

When Hispanic men and women decide to marry someone of a different race, the difference between men and women is nearly equal. Eighteen percent of Hispanic wives are married to a non-Hispanic man. On the flip side, 15 percent of Hispanic men have a non-Hispanic wife.
In marriages involving Hispanics and Whites, it is 1.17 times more likely that the wife is Hispanic and the husband is White than the other way
around.

At one point Mixed race relationships were thought to be the cure to racisim eventually leading to one race being human race.

I am mixed race, my dad was from african & indian heritage and was born and raised in Kenya, my mum is white but there is mexican/mediterranean heritage in her family (great grandparents.)
My husband is white and so our children are also mixed race but i guess a bit more diluted, as i am mixed race its normal to me.
I have a very muti-cultural family with lots of different raced relatives.

I swear Smelly...I cannot believe it..I am kenyan!! so cool!!

I am in a mixesd race relationship my oh is britsh asain and im White british. We have amazing relationship between the two of us he loves me for me ne'er expects me to change who I am i don't feel pressure of him to wear the hijab but know that is not the case for many girls local to us they are either pressured to revert to Islam and cover them selfs or they are badly groomed and treated as dirt by some of the men. I wasn't very religious when i strarted dating oh and he wasn't very strict Muslim although he is alot more interested in religion now. I was very interested in sprituAl religions and my oh is a suffi Muslim which is mystical side of isalm and based around meditation energy healing. So quite different to other parts of Islam. As I'm ingested he does buy me books as I ask him to. Our big problem is family not mine but his. His mum was born in pakistain and hasn't mixed as she lives in a very Asian area of town. And doesn't speak English. All the boys should have had arranged marriages and some did but my oh put his foot down. Because o me being White nit arranged marriage my lo does not see his grandma and he upsets
me so much I would love to be involded but she is just not accepting the
community would laugh at her. Because of that we can't get married as she won't approve.

It's hard for me as me and lo don't get invited to wedding don't celebrate did with them. That's what I find the hardest to come to terms with as id love to be involded and lo learn his heritage. We are slowly making friends with women from that culture and some of them are lovely to us but there friends we've made at groups not through

Pressed submit and can't edit for some reason

All that's important to me is oh is a good dad as I know lots of girls with mixed race asain baby's who don't see there baby's dads at all due to there family. Luckily oh has managed to break away in many ways but it's so hard for him.

It's just a shame coummintys can't be more open to there children marrying who they fall in love with x

I am attracted to all races..

White - Bradley Cooper
Black - Idris Elba
Mixed - Shemar Moore
Hispanic - Antonio Banderas
Hawaii - Jason Momoa
Indian - Any hottie from Bollywood
Arab - can't think of one specific, but they are hot, with their outfits
Chinese - Chow Yun Fat..

all very nice to me. Marriage though, it would depend on the individual, only because of culture clashes. Some people take their culture very seriously, and expect their wives to behave a certain way, and I make my own rules about things, and that can put men off. x

Im in a mixed race marriage, Im white British and my husband is Indian, my children are of course mixed race! We have faced a lot of predjuce and abuse because of our relationship and marriage (this has mainly come from Indian people), someone tried to stop our wedding, when we lived in the Middle East for a while we got hate mail. My husbands close family have been very happy with our marriage as we are the same religion, some of his extended family are not so happy (general comment 'what is wrong with an Indian girl').

it makes me sad that this is a topic for debate and not just a normal thing that happens in life (not meant offensively to the op just a general comment)

all very nice to me. Marriage though, it would depend on the individual, only because of culture clashes. Some people take their culture very seriously, and expect their wives to behave a certain way, and I make my own rules about things, and that can put men off. x

I think that is a individual thing as well though. I know plenty white men who, would expect their woman to cover up, have tea on the table, take most of the childcare, do all of the house work.
It is also up to an individual woman whether that is the kinda of life partner they want

lightworker........ LOL :thumbup:

sophxx: i 100% know where you are coming from pakistani/muslims in my experience are the least excepting of other cultures/religions and would disown their children if the married out of their religion/race.

one of my closes friends is hindu/indian and she married a white guy and even though i find that indians are more excepting it did cause alot of grief saying that hindus/indians would rather their children marry anyone but a muslim that is the ultimate NO NO and again this is my from my own experience. x

Im in a mixed race marriage, Im white British and my husband is Indian, my children are of course mixed race! We have faced a lot of predjuce and abuse because of our relationship and marriage (this has mainly come from Indian people), someone tried to stop our wedding, when we lived in the Middle East for a while we got hate mail. My husbands close family have been very happy with our marriage as we are the same religion, some of his extended family are not so happy (general comment 'what is wrong with an Indian girl').

it makes me sad that this is a topic for debate and not just a normal thing that happens in life (not meant offensively to the op just a general comment)

no offense taken and i agree :flower: but unfortunately it isnt like that and dont think it will be for many years yet x

lightworker........ LOL :thumbup:

sophxx: i 100% know where you are coming from pakistani/muslims in my experience are the least excepting of other cultures/religions and would disown their children if the married out of their religion/race.

one of my closes friends is hindu/indian and she married a white guy and even though i find that indians are more excepting it did cause alot of grief saying that hindus/indians would rather their children marry anyone but a muslim that is the ultimate NO NO and again this is my from my own experience. x

Yeh they would and I feel that would be what would happen to oh and if hate that as ge worships his mum even though he doesn't always agree. Unfortunately there is still alot of honour killings where we live and there's alot of of men who think it's ok tK have a White girlfriend and a Asian wife. But would flip if there sisters dated or married out of the religion x

A few of our friends are in mixed race relationships. I don't think it's as taboo as it used to be, generally seems to be a norm especially in my city where we're quite multi cultural. I suppose the older generations of Asian families will have problems with children in mixed rce relationships, unfortunately when you live and work in a multi cultural society you'll encounter people of all races, and you can't always pick who you fall in love with!! My friend is married to a Sikh guy, they HATED her , didn't speak to them both for years and always assumed it wouldn't work. They got engaged and invited the family to the wedding... 6 yrs on and now with a son in tow they worship the ground she walks on! She did a whole lot of sucking up, spent time reading up on his religion and cultures and I think they just saw how much they loved each other. Happy ending !
I've been with a mixed race guy, very light skinned though... Don't think I thought about his colour before dating him?!
Anyways... I'd love a bit of interracial interaction with Ricky whittle..... That smooth chocolaty skin... Mmmmmmm!!!!!
I'm wondering how you look now smells.... you had a brown straight bob with a fringe in my head!! Now you look like my friend Leona!!!

I dont even care about what color people are people are people regardless of skin color I see no issue in people having relations? they both human after all. I havnt had one as there arnt any black people here I met one once she was so cool! and have facebook friends who are black. I really dont care what any one looks like.

Nibblenic - wow - I never thought white men were particular about their women's dress, and housework etc. I always attributed these qualities to other cultures. Thats interesting. x

Nibblenic - wow - I never thought white men were particular about their women's dress, and housework etc. I always attributed these qualities to other cultures. Thats interesting. x

Yeah, totally. I dont mean covering up faces or heads, but I certainly know men who wouldnt like their wife going out with a lot of leg or cleavage on show.

As for the housework, I know a man who left his wife because she wasnt keeping in a clean house. Not that I agree with that, however its still true

Learn something new everyday ;)

Tina: i do have straight dark brown almost black hair which was bobbed but i have grown it shoulder length now but no fringe LOL.......Mostly people think i am from mediterranean decent which i do have in my family on my mothers side, i have people ask if im eygyptian, asian, african, italian, greek, spanish, mexican, and even simply white with a nice tan. I am a good mix all round of all the differet races in my family tree i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->