Interracial relationships

People change religion all the time for various reasons but it is never a problem when the conversion is to anything but Islam. Like summer rain said these 'repressive' practises are not part of Islam but more cultural and nurture. We don't attribute a wife batterer's reasons for doing so to his beliefs or even voluntarily intoxications but rather to him individually and directly.

I'm in an interracial marriage :). My husband is Hmong and I am Caucasian/Latina. To be honest, the only serious cultural differences that have come between are not related to our ethnicities, but to our religions! His family are Evangelical Christians and my family are very casual Catholics (if you know what I mean, lol) and I find it very hard to square with some of their religious beliefs.

My daughters dad is mixed, bajan/indian so my daughter is mixed with both of those and white from me. She looks white though.

Never had any problems when i was with him, though he has been called a 'paki' plenty of times. Narrow-minded idiots

All races are equal to me, we are all human

My husband is half African American. So his dad is a full black African American and his mum is Australian

This is where our DD gets her crazy curly hair from :)

ShanandBoc.. look at THIS for crazy curls :haha:

318374_2516180826684_1318122853_2950529_585251306_n.jpg

I looove curly hair on babies :cloud9:

aw cute !!! I imagine thats what Ellies will look like when she is a bit older they are quite tight curls esp at the back!!!

Char your little girl's hair is amazing! Puts Ivy's curls to shame :haha:

Your mum and dad sound very much like my oh is with me.:flower: I feel so sad for girls I know that it isn't like this for them.

i guess its just different experinces :flower:.....I know the religion and culture very well as my dad's religion was 'muslim' although indian muslim, (all very confusing) but he wasnt strictly religious and he did a lot of things against his religion although even though we werent raised with a strict religious background his culture did come in to play a little............iykwim..........i guess what i was trying to say is that i would be less happy if my daughter wanted to be with a muslim who was very religious and wanted to make sure how he lived would be culturally excepted, so she had to change religion and do things to be excepted (which i understand would be her choice) rather than a muslim who although had his faith/culture respected that the person i.e my daughter wasnt muslim and didnt need to be and respected her relgious beliefs (if any) and her culture and was with her regardless etc basically how my dad was with my mum... although he was disowned by his family for quite a few years because he married my mum and his family never really excepted us because we werent religious, couldnt speak gujarati/swahili, and was bought up basically with the english culture.............. i am what they call a coconut........brown on the outside white on the inside lol!!!!!!!!!!! it was hard for them to acknowledge i was actually as much white as indian/african. iykwim x

aw cute !!! I imagine thats what Ellies will look like when she is a bit older they are quite tight curls esp at the back!!!

Kyla was born with dead straight hair and its got curlier over time, they're like ringets when they're freshly washed!

Char your little girl's hair is amazing! Puts Ivy's curls to shame :haha:

It looks cute but its a nightmare to wash/brush :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"