Interracial relationships

I dont even care about what color people are people are people regardless of skin color I see no issue in people having relations? they both human after all. I havnt had one as there arnt any black people here I met one once she was so cool! and have facebook friends who are black. I really dont care what any one looks like.

One of my friends was seeing a guy from ireland and she went over to see him often, she is indian and said that there were no other asian/africans at all over there that she could see anyway and when she walked in to a pub she felt all eyes on her, i found this really hard to digest, it amazes me that in some places its all one race iykwim.

I dont even care about what color people are people are people regardless of skin color I see no issue in people having relations? they both human after all. I havnt had one as there arnt any black people here I met one once she was so cool! and have facebook friends who are black. I really dont care what any one looks like.

One of my friends was seeing a guy from ireland and she went over to see him often, she is indian and said that there were no other asian/africans at all over there that she could see anyway and when she walked in to a pub she felt all eyes on her, i found this really hard to digest, it amazes me that in some places its all one race iykwim.

Not so much here, but in the previous place I lived in Durham it was literally all white people. I hate to say it but i I saw a person who wasnt white I would do a double take as it was so very unusual. It wasnt anything to do with racism, just noticing something different.
Where I live now there are still very few people who arent white but still more so youll maybe see someone who isnt white once a week or a fortnight. Where I used to live in Durham I literally lived there 3 years only seeing white people.

We arnt racist or anything here , all is welcome. suppose its to boring or something and not much happening unless you want green fields, mountains and water. Loads of other people from other countries here we have a lot of polish people now.

I live in the outskirts of Bradford. Bradford is often described as the second most multicultural city after London. The center is of the city is predominately Asian and in those areas you tend to see very few white people. What tends to happen here is the suburbs, like where I live have very few residents who are not white and that's why the segregation and racism is still pretty dreadful around here. A mixed race relationship between a white person and an Asian person would be frowned upon sadly. Our village has been a BNP seat for quite a few years now so either that has an effect things x

I have to say, from what Ive seen heard, my friend tells me. There isnt a more racist city in the UK other than Bradford. Its like casual and open racism is the norm.
Makes my head spin the stories she tell me.

Eurgh how annoying, just typed a reply then bnb decided to crash on me :dohh:

The jist of it was that for me I couldn't be in an inter racial relationship purely because I'm not attracted to people of different races physically on a romatic level. I am also not religious at all, and that would be another deal breaker for me as I just couldn't change or alter myself for somebody else's cultures or beliefs. I am who I am and I expect to be accepted for that, the same way I accept the next person for being the individual that they are :) There are no mixed relationships in my family and never have been but i don't believe that has affected my feelings at all.

I have to say, from what Ive seen heard, my friend tells me. There isnt a more racist city in the UK other than Bradford. Its like casual and open racism is the norm.
Makes my head spin the stories she tell me.

Exactly like that. But both ways. Racisms against the Pakistani people and Racism toward white British is abundant in equal measure. Fort 3 years I worked in the city and Ive been called a White pig, White cow etc etc. ALways with the "white" bit thrown in.
Worst incident was when the English defence league came and the fighting between them and the Muslim defence league was awful!!
Its so sad because if you talk to old school Bradfordians, you only went shopping to Bradford in the "old days" if you had a Rolls Royce and fur coat!

Sorry for taking off topic a bit x

I remember watching a documentary about racism/racial segregation and im pretty sure it was in bradford.
Thats crazy flowerfairy!!!

Its madness, my best mate runs a cake shop/cafe in the city centre and I cannot tell you how many times she hears. "oh its so nice not to have to buy stuff off a pakki"

I mean wtf?!

Its just like everyone hates eachother before theyve even exchanged so much as a word

I remember watching a documentary about racism/racial segregation and im pretty sure it was in bradford.
Probably was. It has a pretty bad reputation. It's known locally as Bradistan :wacko:
There is going to be a Channel 4 documentary on the 1st March. Called Make Bradford British. It will basically involve people from different minorities within Bradford coming to live together to look at how we can ALL change for the better
Linky - https://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/make-bradford-british

I think it might be really interesting x

I am white, my husband is Cree with a smidge of Metis. Our children have darker skin. I have always been attracted to tall, dark men. as far as racism, there seems to be alot here with natives. I have heard plenty since being with hubby (over 13 years now). It is very sad as I, being a white person, never ever heard or felt any kind of racism ever. Now, I get random emails or jokes about 'natives' or stupid comments from ignorant people. I always thought racism wasn't that big of a deal here...boy, was I wrong. There is racism here. It's sad, and disgusting. I say something...every single time. I usually let people put their big foot in their mouth first. I am pretty unsuspecting since I am white. I had one guy (a coworker) tell me that natives should 'get off welfare, stop drinking, and quit being a burden on society". After his mouth flapped stupidly for several minutes with his vile comments, I asked him if he meant all natives...like my husband? And my three kids? And reminded him that there is plenty of 'white' people who drink, are on welfare, and perhaps may be seen as a 'burden'. I then threatened to make a formal complaint against him at work. He has NEVER been anything but very overly pleasant since. Bet he will think twice now.

Its madness, my best mate runs a cake shop/cafe in the city centre and I cannot tell you how many times she hears. "oh its so nice not to have to buy stuff off a pakki"

I mean wtf?!

Its just like everyone hates eachother before theyve even exchanged so much as a word
No one helps themselves though!! Both sides are as bad as each other. Many Whites think the Pakistanis have taken over what was a lovely City and unfortunately some of the Asian areas are really dirty and run down and have high crime rates! Then on the other side, there are lots of young white men of the "skinhead" culture who tend to believe Bradfrod has gone downhil purely because of the high number of ethinic minorities.
Without sound like my mum... It's six of one, half a dozen of the other :haha:

Probably was. It has a pretty bad reputation. It's known locally as Bradistan :wacko:
There is going to be a Channel 4 documentary on the 1st March. Called Make Bradford British. It will basically involve people from different minorities within Bradford coming to live together to look at how we can ALL change for the better
Linky - https://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/make-bradford-british

bradistan :haha: sorry that did make me chuckle.

It definitely looks interesting and i will be watching that! thanks.

I was planning on watching it to. Maybe one of us should create a thread on it before hand like the SS one :thumbup:

I was planning on watching it to. Maybe one of us should create a thread on it before hand like the SS one :thumbup:
Yeah definately. There are also a few girls on here from around the same area as I am. I think it will be really interesting to discuss it x

good idea!!!! i dont mind who starts the thread but whoever does can they do a reminder like lightworker did with the SS one .......thanks!! lol xx

Im Arab, im married to a man of the same religion and culture, it just happened to be him that i fell for, no more no less, i didnt choose him cos he is Arab and Muslim too, but it has made life very easy for us in terms of family acceptance.

My sister is married to a Italian-American convert...he converted to Islam before he met my sister, my sister thought him being a Muslim would make my parents more accepting of him, but it didnt, sadly he wasn't Arab like we are....it was my mum who was most upset rather than my dad, but anyway, 14 years in, they are still going strong, my mums fell in love with the 2 grandchildren he and my sister were able to give her [they are a gorgeous mix] and she now is accepting of my BIL, she see's how well my sister is treated, she wants for nothing and my sister adores him, so my mum had no other choice but to accept them or she wouldnt have a r/ship with her grandchildren.

HOWEVER...

My brother is engaged and has a little girl with his WHITE British fiance, my brother told my mum about Andrea and that they were moving in together and that they have a baby on the way [the years before he told my mum, they were just a couple living seperately, when things got serious they told my mum] and it was a bit of a shock for my mum, but she was fine with it after a while, she keeps encouraging them to get married soon.

I guess what im saying is that sometimes, its more accepted [in my culture at least] for men to venture out of there culture/religion than it is for a girl. Sad but true!

I am attracted to white/Arab/Mediterranean men - Black and Asian [chinese/japanese etc] men less so...no reason, just am!

im generally attracted to olive skinned men. Some oriental men are good looking too. its just my preference, but if i was single and met a black man or an asian man and he was attractive to me then id go for it. race makes no difference for me, the world is multicoloured.

However- Religion is a different story. Im strictly athiest and my partner must have the same belief as me for it to work.

I have been in an interracial relationship in the past and it caused no problems at all, but I grew up in a very multicultural area of London and perhaps that is why. But we were British - our culture was the same. It is so sad that it is something that even needs to be discussed in this day and age! I hate when people say that they aren't races they just 'aren't attracted to other races'. How can you know that you aren't attracted to every single person in an entire race? So weird.

One in the minority here!!! :yipee:

I am black british and my OH is white, before we met I always assumed I'd only be a relationship with a black guy and in my family there are only 3 other relatives in an interactial relationship.

For me as long as he treats me right I dont care what colour he is I'm actually quite excited to see what our children will look like. The only problem we've come across so far is wedding planning, due to trying to incorporate all our different tastes in music as I doubt either side wants to listen to rock music all night lol. :dohh:

Religion is definatly a deal breaker for me, I wouldnt convert to another religion nor would I expect my partener to change thiers. I think that when raising children with different faith parents they would need to be exposed to both but Im not too sure how that would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->