Introduce your VIP (Very Important Preemie!)

I assure you~~pics will be provided as soon as they're available!! :happydance::happydance:

The doc is now telling me as of this morning they might even try to push me closer to 35 weeks if baby & I continue doing as well as we have! I have a Level 2 ultrasound scheduled for later today, so I expect that will give us more information!

I'll keep everyone posted!

Shelly
:cloud9:
That's great news. The longer they are in there cooking, the better. Just keep whispering "I'm in no hurry to meet you little one":hugs:

Your other four must be so excited!

every extra day in your tummy is a bonus at this stage, hold tight little princess xx

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have found this board! My name is Shelly and I am currently expecting baby #5~a little princess~who was originally due on April 12!

I am currently in the hospital at 32w6d after my water having broken yesterday morning. I've had problems throughout my pregnancy ranging from a subchorionic bleed back in the 1st & 2nd trimesters to a low lying placenta just discovered several weeks ago.

So far no contractions, so I'm trying to hold her in another week if I can! The plan is to monitor me all week, and if I don't begin to labor on my own, they'll be inducing me a week from tomorrow when I'm exactly 34 weeks.

This is such a nervewracking & anxious time and seeing the success stories on this board have provided me such hope! :cloud9:

Thank you all for sharing your precious little miracles!:hugs:

Shelly

Hello!!! my girls were due April 10th 2009 and born 29th January 2009! 29 weeks and 6 days!!

They were in NNU for four weeks and then home to us and are now happy 1yr olds!! Jaycee's only problem is asthma but thats not because she is premature!

I hope all goes well for you hun.. we are all here if you need to chat xx

Erin was born on Christmas Eve at 33 + 3 wks (3lb 1 oz) due to placental problems and premature rupture of the membrains at 25 weeks (she did well to hang on). She spent 6 weeks in the NICU before getting home on the 5th of February weighing 4lb 14oz. It's been scary but wonderful finally getting her home and being a proper family (have a 2 year old boy too). Great to see so many little ones looking like big bouncing babies so soon, hope Erin continues to get bigger and stronger!

Erin was born on Christmas Eve at 33 + 3 wks (3lb 1 oz) due to placental problems and premature rupture of the membrains at 25 weeks (she did well to hang on). She spent 6 weeks in the NICU before getting home on the 5th of February weighing 4lb 14oz. It's been scary but wonderful finally getting her home and being a proper family (have a 2 year old boy too). Great to see so many little ones looking like big bouncing babies so soon, hope Erin continues to get bigger and stronger!

Welcome Claire and Erin.:flower:

It sounds like she's doing well. How's your little boy coping with a little sister?

We'd love to see some pictures when you get the chance.:thumbup:

Welcome Claire and baby Erin :happydance: wow what a surprise xmas present to got. Glad to hear she is doing so well, cant wait for pics of your wee cracker - were all going through a very broody spell :haha: and just love cooing at the ickle gorgeous babies xx

Hiya ladies.. Im shawnie..

I had my little Kaylee at 26 weeks, Jan 29th 2010. She was 12-1/4in long, 1lb 15oz...They tried to keep her in longer but we got an infection in the placenta after my water broke and had to take her c section right away...

shes doing well so far in the nicu at over 13 in long and now 3lbs..

here is a pic 1 day old and one from yesterday at 32 days old..

Attachments

• bnb2.jpg
    bnb2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 120
  • bnb3.jpg
    bnb3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 87

I had my little Kaylee at 26 weeks, Jan 29th 2010. She was 12-1/4in long, 1lb 15oz...They tried to keep her in longer but we got an infection in the placenta after my water broke and had to take her c section right away...

Welcome and congratulations.

Wow! What a difference 32 days make. She's lovely. :flower:

How has it been for you so far?

wow you really can see how well she has come on you must be one proud mummy :cloud9:

she is just gorgeous, congratulations xx

This is my youngest Anja-Josaphine, born at 33+3
Shes now 6 months and 13 pounds:cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG00075.jpg
    IMG00075.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 14
welcome, wee Anja is so pretty quite long. She looked a great weight as well, Matthew was born 33+4 and 3lb 11oz.

I see your expectin again, congratulations.............im so jealous x

Well done everyone. love all those success stories to encourage other mums.
It's quite an experience to have them in NICU, everyday is different and you don't
know what to expect but have to keep strong and positive for 'cutie tinees' I used to call them! Mine are big girls born 28 and 24 wks at 2lbs and lb

It's quite an experience to have them in NICU, everyday is different and you don't
know what to expect but have to keep strong and positive for 'cutie tinees' I used to call them! Mine are big girls born 28 and 24 wks at 2lbs and lb

How old are they now?

How old are they now?

9 and 4 (1lb), 4 yr old starting reception in September!

9 and 4 (1lb), 4 yr old starting reception in September!
Time flies eh?

Are they both doing well?

yes absolutely, fantastic! no health problems whatsover.
they are just like normal full term girls. younger one a bit on the small side but does not bother me, height is fine but just small in build, I've always been petite myself anyway.

yes absolutely, fantastic! no health problems whatsover.
they are just like normal full term girls. younger one a bit on the small side but does not bother me, height is fine but just small in build, I've always been petite myself anyway.

Nice things come in the smallest packages! (I'm just a wee toot myself!)

That's great they came through it unscathed! How was the whole experience for you?

Welcome and congratulations.

Wow! What a difference 32 days make. She's lovely. :flower:

How has it been for you so far?
Thanks Bumps and foo.. Sorry its been a while to get back to yas. I have been spending lots of time in the nicu. She's doing well but those little set backs just get to me and I break down and cry...I have been an emotional roller coaster.

I am so glad im not alone.. Thanks so much for all your wonderful life stories ladies. makes me feel hope... I met a wonderful lady in the NICU whos baby was born at 22 weeks, her and her baby went home the other day 2 weeks after her original due date! So beautiful and amazing

Shawnie - My girls were born 29th January!! At 29 weeks!! They are now 13 months old!

Congratulations to all new preemie mummies.. Babies are so gorgeous!! x

Shawnie - My girls were born 29th January!! At 29 weeks!! They are now 13 months old!

Congratulations to all new preemie mummies.. Babies are so gorgeous!! x
HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!! That is wonderful to hear, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->