Introduce your VIP (Very Important Preemie!)

ahh I don't know how I missed this thread through the year!

Congrats to all of you - those I already know of and those who I don't.

My little miracle Mikayla was born 1st Februaury 2009. I went for a check up as I was feel off colour and 9 mins later she was born by emergency c-section at 33 weeks exactly. She weighed exactly 4lbs.
We were told she would not survive due to severe lack of o2 and was put on life support. A revolutionary treatment was tested on her - she was cooled into hypothermia for 3 days and put into a coma - to try and preserve her organs. We were told she probably wouldn't survive and of she did she would be severely disabled.
A miracle then happened!!!
Mikayla pulled through and has gone from strength to strength. She was allowed home at 5 weeks still weighing in at a tiny 4lb 3oz!
She will be one on Monday and weighs 15lb 8oz and has recently been discharged form hospital - with a perfect bill of health!

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s77/kellydace/Winter%202009-2010/Picture005-1.jpg

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s77/kellydace/Winter%202009-2010/Picture279-1.jpg

Just beautiful!:hugs:

I'll give you a giggle though - I actually dreamed about her last night. I was out walking with Abby in the pram but when I looked in, it was your wee girl!

I took her out and gave her a cuddle, then fed her, and when I put her back in and walked for a bit, she turned back into Abby.

How wierd is that!:haha:

oh my goodness lol!! weird maybe she reminds you of abby :haha:

xx

Hi Lakai! :hi:

This is Brooke, she was born January 30th at 32+5 and weighed 2lb 4oz:cloud9:

Having her first ever cuddle with Mummy the day I met her. . .
https://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/2Donna1/SDC10077.jpg

She hatched from her incubator after 4 weeks and then went into a Kan-med, then finally into a 'proper' plastic cot like the babies on the labour wards :cloud9: I was soo proud that day!

Brooke came home on March 5th, 5 weeks after her birth-she weighed just 3lb 7oz and I was so, so scared but happy.:cloud9:

Here she is on the 2nd day out of hospital. . .this pic really shows how small she was!!
https://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/2Donna1/SDC10465.jpg

Oh,and this is her now. . .so proud of her.
https://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/2Donna1/SDC10325.jpg

Well done Lakai-you're so strong and such a fighter! well done you :cloud9:

unbelieavable and soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo C.U.T.E!!!

xxx

oh my goodness lol!! weird maybe she reminds you of abby :haha:

xx

I guess, they do look quite similar.

And weirder still, I dreamed about someone else from BNB last night. I must be spending too much time here!

Hello.

I am new here so introducing my gorgeous girls Chloe and Jaycee born 29th January 2009

Chloe born at 29 weeks and 6 days @ 2.16am weighing 3lb10oz
https://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/Laura1049/022-1.jpg

Jaycee born at 29 weeks and 6 days @ 2.18am weighing 3lb5oz
https://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91/Laura1049/044-1.jpg

Best pics i could find!! x

Hello.

I am new here so introducing my gorgeous girls Chloe and Jaycee born 29th January 2009

My goodness! They were huge! What gorgeous looking girls. How are they doing now?

Hello.

My goodness! They were huge! What gorgeous looking girls. How are they doing now?

Lol. I was told they were big for the gestation! I probably would have popped anyway regardless of the infection!!!
They are thriving now. they are being weaned off nutri-prem2 and the consultant said that we can finally move them onto cows milk and not onto a stage two formula.

they had their first birthday party yesterday x

uck they are just so gorgeous Laura you must be so proud. Fantastic weights as well my lo was 3lb 11 at 33+4 but had IUGR. Now you just HAVE to post bday pics when you get a chance x

Lol. I was told they were big for the gestation! I probably would have popped anyway regardless of the infection!!!
They are thriving now. they are being weaned off nutri-prem2 and the consultant said that we can finally move them onto cows milk and not onto a stage two formula.

they had their first birthday party yesterday x

I would say so! Abby was 3lbs 7oz at 29 weeks and I was big enough just with her! Poor you!:hugs:

I'll bet their party was good fun.

Welcome to our little corner of the board.:thumbup:

[/QUOTE] And weirder still, I dreamed about someone else from BNB last night. I must be spending too much time here![/QUOTE]

Right Foo fess up who was it? Nothing to be ashamed of it was Joseph's daddy am I right? :thumbup: x

Right Foo fess up who was it? Nothing to be ashamed of it was Joseph's daddy am I right? :thumbup: x

Lol, no, there was no secret to it, I had posted it somewhere else. Wishingonastar, I play scrabble with her and she is on my facebook too. I Dreamed she was knocking at my windows trying to get in to talk to the police who had arrested her partner who was an illegal polish immigrant.

Thank you.

It seems really nice here. I have to go to bed now though :-( Cos i have work in the morning.

yes girls had a great day, got lots of stuff and money and are very lucky!!!

I will post piccys of them as soon as I get some time tomorrow.

thank you for being so kind and welcoming xx

Ive just read all 18 pages lol all of the babies are soo beautiful and its so amazing how something so small and frigile can go through so much and come out lovely and strong!! They are all true little miracles!

xxxxxx

I've mainly lurking but thought I should post.

Connor was born at 34+6 with iugr, weighing 2lb 11 1/2 oz (that half oz is important!). He measured small from the 20 week scan and my local hospital were great in recognising it following me closely. He continued growing slowly through the pregnancy but dropped off the growth charts further around 33 weeks. I had the steroid injections 'just in case' with the aim to get me to 36 weeks but no later. Connor had other ideas and my waters went at 34+4. He was born by section and had no breathing problems. He spent 3 days in the incubator but was there just for warmth ad some fluids.

On day 3 he had his 1st breast feed from me and from then on has been exclusively breast fed. He soon progressed to the nursery and finally came home 4 1/2 weeks later.

He continues to do well and now at 22 weeks he weighs 8lb 14oz.

Attachments

• Connor 006.jpg
    Connor 006.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20 weeks 002.jpg
    20 weeks 002.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 23
Welcome fiestagirl :wave:

Connor is so cute in his bouncer!

Laura your twins are huge considering! Wow!!!! I was actually born at 29 weeks and my mum says i was pretty big too! (Certainly teeney now though!)

Welcome Fiestagirl. Connor sounds like he's doing great - and looks lovely too.

Thank you ladies, there are some amazing baby stories on here xx

I've mainly lurking but thought I should post.

Connor was born at 34+6 with iugr, weighing 2lb 11 1/2 oz (that half oz is important!). He measured small from the 20 week scan and my local hospital were great in recognising it following me closely. He continued growing slowly through the pregnancy but dropped off the growth charts further around 33 weeks. I had the steroid injections 'just in case' with the aim to get me to 36 weeks but no later. Connor had other ideas and my waters went at 34+4. He was born by section and had no breathing problems. He spent 3 days in the incubator but was there just for warmth ad some fluids.

On day 3 he had his 1st breast feed from me and from then on has been exclusively breast fed. He soon progressed to the nursery and finally came home 4 1/2 weeks later.

He continues to do well and now at 22 weeks he weighs 8lb 14oz.

Your right. every little bit is important :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"