Introduce your VIP (Very Important Preemie!)

yes absolutely, fantastic! no health problems whatsover.
they are just like normal full term girls. younger one a bit on the small side but does not bother me, height is fine but just small in build, I've always been petite myself anyway.

Nice things come in the smallest packages! (I'm just a wee toot myself!)

That's great they came through it unscathed! How was the whole experience for you?

Two very different experiences. As they say, a day inside the womb makes a lot of difference. In short, we stayed in hospital longer with my 2nd (24 wks), had more infections, PDA (given an overdose of anaesthesia for the procedure and accumulated air in the chest after procedure, baby just weighed 560g then!). I had to be strong in both instances as the docs and nurses always said the babies pick on our emotions so try and keep positive. Guess i'm one of the lucky ones to have a happy ending story to tell today. Will just like to reassure mums in similar situations to be always strong and positive. Our babies are here to stay!

they are just like normal full term girls. younger one a bit on the small side but does not bother me, height is fine but just small in build, I've always been petite myself anyway.

That's great they came through it unscathed! How was the whole experience for you?

Two very different experiences. As they say, a day inside the womb makes a lot of difference. In short, we stayed in hospital longer with my 2nd (24 wks), had more infections, PDA (given an overdose of anaesthesia for the procedure and accumulated air in the chest after procedure, baby just weighed 560g then!). I had to be strong in both instances as the docs and nurses always said the babies pick on our emotions so try and keep positive. Guess i'm one of the lucky ones to have a happy ending story to tell today. Will just like to reassure mums in similar situations to be always strong and positive. Our babies are here to stay!

Truly inspiring Abbie after such trumatic circumstanes, im sure some of the new mummies and those who may be facing an early birth will find this reassuring (the outcome of course) :flower: xx

Truly inspiring Abbie after such trumatic circumstanes, im sure some of the new mummies and those who may be facing an early birth will find this reassuring (the outcome of course) :flower: xx

Thanks bumpsmum
xxx

Hi my name is Lindsey and I just recently gave birth to twin boy and girl, Noah and Naomi! They came at 34 + 1 on March 6. Noah was first at 4 lbs. 8 oz and 17 inches. Naomi second at 4 lbs. 14 oz and 17 1/2 inches. They are currently still in the NICU.

Hi my name is Lindsey and I just recently gave birth to twin boy and girl, Noah and Naomi! They came at 34 + 1 on March 6. Noah was first at 4 lbs. 8 oz and 17 inches. Naomi second at 4 lbs. 14 oz and 17 1/2 inches. They are currently still in the NICU.

Congrats on your early arrivals! I hope they are home soon x

Congratulations! How are they both doing?

They're getting better. Noah's finally on low flow at 2L and hopefully will be weaned in a couple days. He's on 33 ml's of milk and they are lowering his IV everytime they increase the amount of milk so he should be off that in a few days. He's also in a crib or as you british moms call them cots ;) (I love it, my dad was born in Manchester so I have a little British in me). The nurse said once Noah gets more stable they will place him and his sister together.

Naomi is still doing good. All she has to get is the bottle. She is off all the oxygen and IV. She's taking 2 bottles right now and only eating over half of it and she has to complete the whole thing before increasing the amount of bottles she gets in a day.

How do you post pictures? I'm going to try and post from photobucket so sorry if it doesn't work.

noah on Low flow now:

https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/lindseyjackson83/26745_381483513749_831928749_369252.jpg

Naomi off all the machines:

https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/lindseyjackson83/26745_379114078749_831928749_368315.jpg

My husband and I holding Noah for the first time:

https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/lindseyjackson83/26745_378389778749_831928749_368185.jpg

Me looking over Naomi the day after birth:

https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/lindseyjackson83/24997_353406158749_831928749_362048.jpg

Noah the day after birth:

https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/lindseyjackson83/24997_353442988749_831928749_362074.jpg

Congrats on your new arrivals:hugs:

i hope no one minds me popping in.

Just wanted to say your babies are true little fighters.

Gorgeous...each and every1 of them x

Awww, Jox i'm sorry for your loss. This world can be so unfair at times.xxxx:hugs:

i havent had a prem baby but id just like to say your kiddos are all gorgeous... i was born at 29 weeks 25 years ago with nil chance of survival..... here i am now with no problems xx

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum. My name is Brittney LeBlanc and my Preme was born on May 2nd 2010. He was born at 25 weeks and is now one month old. He is a fighter and has been doing well. He is currently at UTMB hosptial NICU. We still have a long road ahead of us, but hearing other stories just like ours gives us so much hope.

Welcome Brit, stick with us, we'll give you advice x

Thank you so much! Its been very rough.. due to him being a on a vent they believe that he has chromic lung disease but this can go away as he grow us. He also has PDA. they used medications to try to close it but they were not successful in doing so. So the doctors want him to grow and see if it will possibly close up on its own. It is not causing him any problems right now so were hoping it doesn't and he will not require surgery for this to be closed.

Generally they deem most preemies who have been on a vent with chronic lung disease. There was no big issues for us with it, and she seems to have outgrown it. The only visable sign was the coughing she had when she came home.

Considering he was 25 weeks he sounds like hes doing well!

Well Thank you. It's been about 2 weeks now but he keeps having these desats he drops and they raise his oxygen and he comes right back up. Here recently they have stop raising his oxygen and letting him recovery on his own. I'm so ready for them to put him on cpap so i can feel like his one huge step closer to coming home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->