Introduce Yourself Ladies

Hello! im Jen, mummy to lily who was born on 11th Januray 2010! my little lady is on aptimil comfort :) here she is
cheeky monkey

Attachments

• bump1.jpg
    bump1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
I'm Jody and my baby is Joseph, he will be one year old on Wednesday!

We started breastfeeding when he was born but were unsupported in the hospital and although we were better supported once we came home we had struggles and issues that meant formula feeding was the best option for us.

Since then we haven't looked back, bottle feeding hasn't stopped us bonding and has helped Joseph to form strong bonds with other family members too. He is a happy, healthy and very intelligent baby and I am not at all biased when I say that :blush:

He seems to be weaning himself away from his bottles now but still enjoys his bedtime one. We are still using Cow and Gate Comfort First (now just called Comfort for Colic and Constipation) because our HV said we didn't need to go onto follow up milk (stage 2) as it was all the same and Joseph was happy on the first stage.

:wave:

Im Lorna 25 Emilie is our first, We have been on FF since day one shes on c&g

Here she is

Attachments

• 14 & a half 007.jpg
    14 & a half 007.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2
Hiya :)

I'm Suzanne, I'm 25 and have a little girl called Lola who was born on new years eve which makes her 12 weeks. I FF from day one. Whilst pregnant I had a massive argument in my head on whether to FF or BF, then decided that BF wasn't for me. I kinda regret it, I wished I'd at least tried BF but no point looking back...maybe I'll give it a go next time!

I started out on SMA but didn't agree with Lola at all, so we use Aptamil Comfort now. Have also tried Cow & Gate comfort and SMA staydown :dohh: she suffers with colic and reflux which isn't fun (hence the variety of milk try-outs) but hopefully next few weeks the wind situation will get better.

Great thread by the way :flower: xxx

:hi: ladies, im Holly and Brooke is 15 months old and was FF from birth on SMA Gold. She suffered with colic and reflux but we rode it out and its been long gone since about 8/9 months. She still drinks 15-18oz's of SMA Toddler milk a day, she loves her bottles :lol:

Heres a pic of my little pudding taken a couple of months ago ...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/2s2xy4u/Brooke240110.jpg

'if mum aint happy - no ones happy!'

Exactly!

Pink_Tinks,Harriet has the cutest little smile :cloud9:

Jody,I'm jealous of you for nearly being off the bottle!Ophelia had pretty much abandoned hers but since Lennon has arrived I've had Ophelia saying 'Mummyyyyyy, milllllllk' several times and wanting to have a bottle again :dohh:

xxxxx

Hi all..Im Laura and Mummy to Joshua whos 8 and Jacob who was born Jan 15th..hes on SMA gold too. I was thinking about BF'ing but after a traumatic delivery that left LO in SCBU being fed bottles to stabilise him and me being shell shocked it didnt happen. He was 10lb 3 born and now at 10 weeks is 15lb 10oz so putting on weight nicely!

Heres Jacob last week.. <3

https://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/floralauraloaf/IMG_2428.jpg

Floralaura - 10lb 3oz :wacko: OUCH!!! My friend just had a baby at the weekend the same weight :) quite funny because Lola is 10lb 6 now at 12 weeks and they're the same size :)

He's a cutie tho :)

Alo :hi:
My name is Nix and my 2 girls are Elisha who is 18 in October (well and truly past the bottle stage :haha:) She was 7lb 14oz, and 2 weeks late.
Evie who has just turned 18 weeks and was 7lb 2oz and 2 weeks early :)
Elisha was FF from birth, altho I did try and BF but my boobilees were waaaay too sore and sensitive at the time so it didnt work out.
Evie on the other hand was BF for 2 weeks and in the last few days, I combine fed as she wasnt satisfied and kept falling asleep on the breast. She was jaundiced and the MW said it might be worth combine feeding to help get rid of the jaundice. So that's what I did and we slowly made the FF transition :) Glad I did too as Evie is thriving! At 15 weeks she weighed 15lb 8oz :haha: so is a little chunk lol!

Here's some piccies of both my girls :flower:

Attachments

• P3210014.jpg
    P3210014.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 0
  • P3270017.jpg
    P3270017.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 7
  • P3280032.jpg
    P3280032.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P3270013.jpg
    P3270013.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone :flower:

My name is Claire (29),i have a DD at 6 and a half and Cole was born 22nd Jan weighing 7lb14.....i did BF for first 6 weeks then combined and now he's FF (on sma gold) , He got weighed at 8 weeks and was 15lb1,I do sometimes wish i could have carried on BF (he had a stay in hospital and was stressed and finding BF hard) but he totally loves his bottles and took to it great and as you can see by his weight he's thriving so he's happy,im happy
cole 1.jpg

Need to get recent pics onto computer ,he's still wee baby here

Hey ladies.. What a great thread :thumbup:

I am Leah and i am 29, I have 3 gorgeous kids.. Ella is 11, Ethan is 4 and Autistic and then we have Sienna who is just coming upto 6 months :shock:

Ella was BF for 6 months, but the other 2 only a couple of weeks as i struggled.

Sienna is a C&G baby and she LOVES her milk, she is definatly happier since being FF so therefore i am happier too :D

Here are my little lovelies

https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/018-1.jpg

and my fave one of Sienna

https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/059.jpg

:flower:

Hi I'm Amy.

Chloe is a bit older- 20 months, but she is still FF.....6oz a day.
She was BF for 6 days but I just couldn't cope with it so we switched- best decision I ever made!!

Here she is!

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/reallytinyamy/101_1139.jpg

Ooooh, hello!

My names Catherine and I am 27. Chloe was BF for the first 10 days but I was struggling with her latching on and she dropped over 10% of her birth weight. We switched to formula and It made the world of difference. Happy baby and happy mummy :)
She is on SMA Lactose Free and has around 30oz per day.

Here she is -
253.jpg

Hi there :wave: Great idea for a thread!!

My name is Stephanie, Im 22 and Brandon was born on the 18th of August 2009 weighing 7lb 5oz!

I BF him for 5 days but really struggled and he became dehydrated so switched to Aptamil and we have never looked back!

This is my current fave pic of him :D
xxx

Attachments

• Photo0197.jpg
    Photo0197.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
A fab idea! Im Caroline, Im 29, SAHM at the moment but looking to go back to work in September. Really wanted to bf but for lots of reasons it just didnt happen :( Anyway, my daughter is Sapphira, she has been ff from birth, she is now 3 1/2 months & doing really well. Here she is now & with a very tired daddy feeding her when we had just got back from hospital (she was 5 days old)....

Attachments

• SL373527.jpg
    SL373527.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
  • SL373114.jpg
    SL373114.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 4
Hello! I'm Laura and i'm 22! Am first time mummy to Ava who is 23 days old! I tried breastfeeding for the first couple of days but was having latching issues which was very painful and i was so weak after my c-section so was having trouble holding Ava so switched to formula and haven't looked back! Ava is doing so well, she was 6lb15oz born and was 7lb1oz on day 5 then 7lb10oz on day 10! I am giving her Aptimil which she loves!
Can't upload photos at the moment - keeps failing - will try again later!

Hello to everyone,

I'm Sebastiane and mummy to a 13 week old daughter - Éowyn.

I BF exclusively until 5 weeks when I began to get PND, partially due to the exhaustion of BF a newborn. She was jaundiced at birth and went on to be not very good at feeding, always falling asleep before she got her fill (lazy little minx). We started combination feeding at 5 weeks and now at 13 weeks I am going on to only FF. I am happy to have managed 3 months of giving her breast milk but she is still useless at feeding properly and it gives us no routine, often she doesn't ever get proper naps as it's always a few minutes off the breast not a good solid hour once full.

I am much happier now I am changing over to FF and she also seems to be a much brighter girl (full belly and proper sleep!)

Attachments

• FEB 13.jpg
    FEB 13.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4