Introduce Yourself Ladies

jen1604

Reaction score
Well girls,I think its finally time we build our own little FF 'community' ,don't you?The BF'ers have all kinds of friendly chatter and praising each other and so should we :D We're feeding our babies too and should be just as proud of ourselves!
So lets get to know each other a bit better.Introduce you & your little ones pleeeease ladies :flower:

I'm Jen.
I have 2 little darlings. Ophelia who will be 2 in July,she was exclusively formula fed from the start and a chunky monkey who took to the bottle right from the start. Here she is...
https://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/jen1604/wiltshire034.jpg
and I have Lennon who was born this January.I expressed at first but now he is formula fed too.He's on the 2nd centile and not very into milk but we'll get there :dohh: Here's Lennon...
https://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/jen1604/wiltshire002.jpg

Now your turn girlies!
xxx

What a lovely idea!

I'm Wendy. I have a little girl, Rebecca who was born in January. For the first month I combined FF and EBM as she was in SCBU for a short time and didn't latch on after that.

We've had some troubles with her feeding (reflux) but things have improved recently.

I'll try to upload a photo later - for some reason my computer is choosing not to play at the moment!

ooh! The photo worked :happydance:

Wendy,Rebecca is just gorgeous :cloud9: And she's only 2 days younger than my Lennon
Glad the reflux is easing up,I've got no experience of that but I've heard its nasty xxxx

I love this thread :D

Hi, I'm Nora. 31, SAHM. Omar is my 1st. I didnt have any milk to BF Omar, so ended up with ffing since day 1.

Omar is doing great, other than his reflux (which is much better now), there nothing really to complain about.

Brilliant, Brilliant idea!! :thumbup:

I'm Aimee, 26, and Earl is my first too. We FF from birth by choice (a rarity it would appear) as BFing just didn't gel with us and we decided it was best. As it happens Earl is a big lad with an appetite to match. At the moment at 5 months, he weighs 20lb and takes about 40oz a day, as of today over 5 bottles rather thn 6! :happydance:

Piccies below from when he was little (4 weeks - showing the same chair that Lennon is in - love that name!!) and from a bit bigger around 4 months sometime. He's grown just a bit lol :dohh:

Attachments

• 4 weeks.jpg
    4 weeks.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Chair.JPG
    Chair.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 4
Hello Jen my lovely!

Here I am to add myself to your fab thread!

My name is Emily :) I'm Mum to 2 beautiful Children. Lily is 2 April 24th so about 3 weeks nearly! Eek! She was breastfed for a month but in the end it wasn't for either for us and we were both 100% happier when we switched. She started off on SMA but ended up on Cow and gate comfort which really suited her.

My little Jack is nearly 4 months! He's just such a happy chappy now we're out of the colic stage! He NEVER latched onto the breast, even with days of help from a breastfeeding expert, he even has trouble with a bottle bless him, but Mam's suit him really well :) Jack started off on Aptamil and it agrees with him wonderfully :cloud9:

Looking forward to getting to know all you lovely ladies and bubbies :flower:

Both my Children are very happy and healthy and I'm so proud of them :D

:hi: I'm not really in here any longer but Hannah was FF from birth :D She's now 20 months old and been of bottles since just around a year old

Hi, I'm Helen and I'm 28. Here's my lovely Dylan a few days ago, aged 20 weeks. We BF for the first few days, but he was a poor latcher and I was in pain anyway, we've both been much happier since the switch.

Attachments

• SDC10245.jpg
    SDC10245.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2
Good thread :thumbup:

Im Gemma, Im 22 and i have one child... Oliver :) I was considering BF but after i went into shock when Oliver was born i didnt feel safe holding him. I asked the MW to bottle feed him (i cant really remember doing this) But i am glad i did. It means OH can be involved with Oliver and help out! Plus he is doing all the night feeds :) :blush:

Attachments

• DSC_3360.jpg
    DSC_3360.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1
im sophie my lo is 8 days old hes formula fed i never had any milk but were both happy formula feeding it works really well for us! hes on hipp organic and is very greedy!

ill upload a picture later need to put them in photobucket! x

Hello All! I'm Jenny, 28, First time mummy to my chunky monkey Phoebe. Wanted to BF, tried for 3 weeks but not a lot of milk and thrush completely beat us. FF made us human and happy! Going back to work in 2 1/2 weeks:nope:. dreading it.

Attachments

• Picture or Video 012.jpg
    Picture or Video 012.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
  • New 023.jpg
    New 023.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 2
So great to see so many lovely happy formula feeding mummy's and gorgeous gorgeous babies :D This was exactly the response I was hoping for.

Aimee,we have those Mothercare cowboy sleepsuits that Earl is wearing in your 2nd picture!I love them and luckily Lennon is still fitting in his newborn size ones so I've got loooads of use out of them :rofl:

Jenny,you're so brave going back to work.:thumbup: I was meant to go back to work when Ophelia was 6 months old and I still haven't managed it yet :blush: To be honest sometimes I wish I could push myself into it,would be nice to remember I have a name and role that isn't mummy ;)

xxxxxxxx

Hi Girls! Hopefully you will not mind if I join as I have not delivered yet but I do intend to FF from day1 :) .... BF just did not work the last 2 times so to save frustration and enjoy life im going straight to formula:haha:.... both my girls were FF and they thrived on it. I did have to switch to soy for my first but it all worked out :D

Hey, nice idea!! i hate the fact that so many people seem to think FF is the wrong thing to do :-(

Im Kym, 22, and Harriet was born on the 28th Jan. Had a very traumatic delivery which resulted in Harriet having severe head bruising which led to very bad jaundice.
She was on a billy bed for 2 days, and i BF her for the 5 days i was in hospital, but didnt feel comfortable at all as there was a very bad latching issue. Midwives were no help at all so i struggled on my own for a week after going home...

i was in tears every time Harriet needed to feed as it would take about an hour of her screaming, not latching properly, us both being soaked with milk, then her falling asleep without a proper feed coz she was so tired! Decided to express and this worked much better and cured her jaundice. couldnt keep up with the presure of expressing so after 3 weeks switched to formula.
She's been fine ever since - tho i am well and truely traumatised from breast feeding now.

But, she's nice and happy and healthy and i feel i bonded with her sooooooooooo much better once i switched her to the bottle :)

harriet smiling.jpg

Hi there, good idea for a thread! Ive got 3 children - Kerr who is 8, Evan who is 4 1/2 and Cori my daughter who is 5 1/2 months. Kerr was breastfed for 4 weeks but i found it a complete nightmare and nearly had a breakdown over it! So after that we went on to bottles with him and ive bottle fed the other 2 also which i find suits me much better as 'if mum aint happy - no ones happy!' We have had a few issues with feeding Cori as she has silent relux and is quite small and doesnt really take very much milk (but enough to get by on now). She is on medication for it.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 0
Hiiii! Great idea Jen :flower:

I'm Dani and i'm 23 :) I'm a first time Mummy, Jacob was born on 8th Feb weighing 9lb!
I wasn't comfortable BF, didn't feel right at all and Jacob was getting very upset so he went straight onto SMA while in hospital.
I expressed and FF from when we got home, but stopped expressing at 1 month, he wasn't really bothered either way, he's a hungry monkey and loves his SMA Gold :)
:cloud9:

jacob03.jpg

He's big and strong just like his Daddy!

He's a very happy bubba and I love him with all my heart heeheee!

he's a hungry monkey and loves his SMA Gold :)
:cloud9:

Glad my baby aint the only one who's okay on SMA! ive read and heard so much negative things about it i was beginning to wonder if Harriet was normal lol!

I'm Sau Wai and my little girl is Lily who is 19 days old and FF from day one. Apart from trapped wind which is a sin in such a small person Lily is a contented baby.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3803123&l=60ac36e523&id=585617495

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->