Introduce Yourself Ladies

https://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af260/danielle-twaddle/madelyn/P3290206.jpg

Hi I'm Dani and this is my LO. I decided to FF from the start through choice and she is getting on so well. I would def make the same decision again.

Hi ladies! I wanted to upload a pic of my son who was FF from the start and my daughter who I have breastfed for 3 months so far!! :D I am so proud of both my babies and both are doing great! Jake is 7 and is reading above grade level in school and is also above grade level in his math! He is one smart boy! Kayleigh has been breastfed since birth (top up with formula until milk came in, as she was jaundiced and hungry) and I couldn't sit and watch her starve just so that I could say she never had formula... I didn't care as long as she ate and got better :) Once my milk came in we still had to pump a lot as she was so sleepy from jaundice she wouldn't latch well and we needed to make sure she had enough milk :) I now breastfeed for the most part but I do pump, and give her the occasional bottle. The pics I am uploading are from Jake's first time feeding his little sister and oh was he proud!

As one girl mentioned about formula ( I don't think there is a darn thing wrong with it ) :D

All your little ones look gorgeous, bright, smart, happy and seem to be thriving ;) Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• jake kay.jpg
    jake kay.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 5
I am so proud of both my babies and both are doing great! Jake is 7 and is reading above grade level in school and is also above grade level in his math! He is one smart boy!

So great to hear things like that :thumbup: Hopefully it will be of some reassurance to ladies that are having to FF from not being able to breastfeed and worrying about the 'breastfed babies are statistically smarter' thing :kiss:

Steph,that picture of Brandon is brill!

Thank you to all of you ladies for joining in and uploading pictures of your beautiful babies :flower: xxxxxxx

baby_maybe that picture of your son feeding your daughter is so cute :cloud9:

i love looking at all of these teeny tiny babies, makes me reeeeally broody :lol:

I am so proud of both my babies and both are doing great! Jake is 7 and is reading above grade level in school and is also above grade level in his math! He is one smart boy!

So great to hear things like that :thumbup: Hopefully it will be of some reassurance to ladies that are having to FF from not being able to breastfeed and worrying about the 'breastfed babies are statistically smarter' thing :kiss:

Thank you to all of you ladies for joining in and uploading pictures of your beautiful babies :flower: xxxxxxx

Thanks!
Jake has always been reaching and surpassing charts for his milestones :) At 15 months old he knew all the letters in the alphabet :) He had these cute blocks with letters on them and would always bring them to me and I would tell him what they were, well... within a few short weeks he began bringing them to me and telling me what letter it was :D I thought it was a fluke but one day we were in our local shop getting some stuff and he looked up at their big sign that ready Superstore and he read every letter on the wall!!!!! :D:D:D It was great!!!

I wouldn't feel guilty at all for feeding your babies formula :) Breastfeeding is tough and I am one of the lucky ones who didn't go through the sore, cracked nipples, sleepless nights, etc... so I made it through and continued on but I know so many people who have tried and been through so much and once switching to formula were much happier and so were their babies :D

I think it's way more than breastmilk that makes a babies IQ higher than anothers! I breastfeed my baby but if all I do is leave her all day in her bed and not bother stimulating her she will not thrive no matter what she is fed and vice versa. It doesn't matter what you feed your baby, be it breast milk or formula, as long as you and your baby are happy and you love and take care of your baby!

Again ladies, you should all be so proud of what you are doing :) Any woman can get pregnant, it takes much more to become a mother :hug: and trust me here... I would hate to have to sterilize bottles, nipples, water, make bottles one at a time (in some cases) etc... Breastfeeding is harder at first yes, but the formula feeding is harder afterwards so kudos to you all!

baby_maybe that picture of your son feeding your daughter is so cute :cloud9:

i love looking at all of these teeny tiny babies, makes me reeeeally broody :lol:

Thanks!! :D He sure is proud of his little sister :D

I so wish I could have more! I had my tubes tied but the more I look at Kayleigh and the more I see other new babies the MORE I want MORE lol :p

What a good idea! :) I'm 22 and have one son called Archie, he is nearly seven months old now!

Attachments

• bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
hi im zoe and my little boy is William and he is fully formula fed, i breast fed at first but it just didnt work out for us and he is more than happy on his milk now.
i did feel guilty at first but now i just think who cares a fed baby is a happy baby regardless of the feeding method, we should be proud of ourselves and our lovely babies we are all super moms :kiss:

Attachments

• me and william.jpg
    me and william.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3 months (7).jpg
    3 months (7).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
nice thread jen sweetie :D
well we're kinda out of here now, but maddi was ff from day 3 - i had no milk, and she wasn't eating and no wet nappies in that time :(
so the switch was brilliant for us :D she took to aptamil straight away, moved onto hungry baby at 3 weeks, and she slept through since then around 7pm to 8am :D i'm pretty proud of her :cloud9:
she's practically 21 months and doing brilliant, and has never been a poorly baby, it's what works best for mummy and baby, and this did for us :D oh and i should add, she's super tall and very silm, not like mummy :rofl:

Princess_bump - I hope Kayleigh isn't like Mommy lol, she is long and lean right now and I sure hope she stays that way :p Jake is a solid boy, but so is his biological father and he has his build all the way but a little on the short side like me LOL

Hi there. My name's Joanne. My beautiful babe is Mairi and she's nearly 4 months. We combination fed for 9 1/2 weeks and she's now exclusively FF. I was made to feel like an absolute failure for 'giving in' to the bottle and the guilt was awful. I now know that switching to formula was the best thing for both of us. Had I continued to BF, I would have become the poster child for PND. She's a much happier baby and I'm a more relaxed Mummy. I'm so proud of my girl. She's meeting her milestones and exceeding them (trying to sit up all by herself from lying down!). I don't think my girl would have been any more special had she been exclusively BF. I don't think I would have been a better Mum for BFing. We're all just as good at parenting and love our children just as much. Stick the kids in a line up when they're 5, no-one will know the difference! Love and respect to all, no matter how you feed your LOs. J x

You all have gorgeous babies!!!!

Thanks!
Jake has always been reaching and surpassing charts for his milestones :) At 15 months old he knew all the letters in the alphabet :) He had these cute blocks with letters on them and would always bring them to me and I would tell him what they were, well... within a few short weeks he began bringing them to me and telling me what letter it was :D I thought it was a fluke but one day we were in our local shop getting some stuff and he looked up at their big sign that ready Superstore and he read every letter on the wall!!!!! :D:D:D It was great!!!

I wouldn't feel guilty at all for feeding your babies formula :) Breastfeeding is tough and I am one of the lucky ones who didn't go through the sore, cracked nipples, sleepless nights, etc... so I made it through and continued on but I know so many people who have tried and been through so much and once switching to formula were much happier and so were their babies :D

I think it's way more than breastmilk that makes a babies IQ higher than anothers! I breastfeed my baby but if all I do is leave her all day in her bed and not bother stimulating her she will not thrive no matter what she is fed and vice versa. It doesn't matter what you feed your baby, be it breast milk or formula, as long as you and your baby are happy and you love and take care of your baby!

Again ladies, you should all be so proud of what you are doing :) Any woman can get pregnant, it takes much more to become a mother :hug: and trust me here... I would hate to have to sterilize bottles, nipples, water, make bottles one at a time (in some cases) etc... Breastfeeding is harder at first yes, but the formula feeding is harder afterwards so kudos to you all!

I have to add that my eldest Elisha has always been smarter than average, she always had her head in a book when she was younger and she got GSCEs last year (4 A's, 4 B's and 3 C's) She's doing A Levels atm and has just got an A in a geography module so the whole thing about BF babies being smarter than FF babies is a load of old poppycock :D As already said, it's down to other inflluences rather than how they were fed as babies.

Thanks!

I have to add that my eldest Elisha has always been smarter than average, she always had her head in a book when she was younger and she got GSCEs last year (4 A's, 4 B's and 3 C's) She's doing A Levels atm and has just got an A in a geography module so the whole thing about BF babies being smarter than FF babies is a load of old poppycock :D As already said, it's down to other inflluences rather than how they were fed as babies.

True!

so... whos babies r sleeping all night?!
Harriet's 9 weeks, and feeds at 7, sleeps till about half 1, feeds, then sleeps till about half 6 / 7

i want the night feed to stooooooooooooooop lol

Cole just totally changed his routine......usually he was sleeping from 930,started missing out bottle at 1130 and getting up bout 3 then 6..

The past couple of nights he's bed 930,feed at 1130 and going right to 630....he's 10 weeks on friday.im hoping thats his routine as its been great having full 6 hours sleep x

Harriet's 9 weeks, and feeds at 7, sleeps till about half 1, feeds, then sleeps till about half 6 / 7

Ohhh I can't wait til he starts sleeping through but :nope: we're still up about every 3 hours at the moment.
I'm hoping once we start weaning the sleeping will get easier but at the moment Lennon is only 2nd centile so I'm wary about trying to drop feeds.
Harriet's routine sounds pretty good though!You're dead lucky you're only doing one night feed...jealous!!
xxx

At 5 wks Omar used to sleep through for 6 hrs, at 8-12 wks he used to go upto 9-10 hrs. He dropped all his night feeds when he was 12-13 wks old & started to sleep through for 12-13 hrs without feeds in between. :happydance:

Kayleigh sleeps from around 9pm until 6-7am without waking for food, today was 8am! She was sleepy ;) She has been doing this since birth, we had to wake her until her Jaundice went away, every 3 hours but once she was in the clear they said we could let her sleep as long as she wanted at night and it was all night :) She is doing great too, and she is breastfed which I heard they eat more often and all that... My son on the other hand didn't sleep through until 8 months old and he was FF every 4 hours like clock work until 4-5 months and then had one feed at night until 8 months! I had to do the whole cry it out thing with him (doctor said it was okay back then) and it worked quick!

Hey pink_tinks

Archie sleeps through from about 9pm to about 10am (he loves sleep lol) but he started sleeping through at about 2 months I think when he started sleeping on his belly and in our new flat for some reason! He'd go to bed about 11pm and wake at about 9am so his a good baby! Am sure your lo will start sleeping through soon! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->