introducing finger foods for TW baby

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
i started weaning my LB around 4 months old, i really wanted to do BLW but he was too young.
Ive tried to introduce finger foods since he turned 6 month old but he choked on some toast the other day, he has successfully had some finger foods like carrot, he pinched a tortilla off my plate the other day and he loved it, he didnt actually eat much more suck but he bit a bit off and looked like he was chewing.
i was really annoyed that my OHs gran had given him a biscuit which he choked on!!

i have the Gill Rapley BLW book and in there it says that spoon fed babies dont learn to chew, they kinda suck the food from the spoon and swallow. well my LB doesnt seem to suck it off the spoon, he uses his top lip to take the food from the spoon then i can see he moves it around once or twice, pretends to chew then swallows. so maybe he has the concept of eating there but obv there is nothing to chew.
i really want to give him finger foods but honestly i am terrified.
ive seen him choke (not gag) a couple times and its not nice, but i would love to be able to give him something to feed himself he always reaches out for his bowl ful of puree, but id much rather him play with solid food not pureed lol.
any ideas how i can do this effectively and successfully? and what to introduce first to get him used to the idea

Have you tried the little gerber puffs? My ds started with those bc they devolve really quick. Those and yogurt melts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->