• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Introducing myself..............sorry a bit long

kitty1987

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Hi just thought I would introduce myself because I may be spending time in here soon. Im Tonye 23 years old and mummy to a 3 month old boy.

Me and my OH are very likely to get custody of his 3 year old soon in the next few months. He was taken off his mum because she could not cope with him and did things like constantly strapping him in a chair all day with no stimulation and kept in the house constantly.

He's 3 years old but has the mental age of an 18 month old (getting better now he is at nursery with other children), he only walks with the ability of an 18 month old and can say very few words. We have recently found out that he has autism as well although it is thought to be quite mild. On top of all this he also has severe epilepsy, has regular fits and has to take daily medication.

After a lot of talking me and OH have decided that we are definately going for custody of him to stop him from going into care (he's with foster parents stm because OH isn't on birth certificate, social services have to do a DNA test just to cover their backs).

So yeh this is my long winded way of saying hello and that you will find me popping in and out of here in the next few months :hugs:

Hello Kitty1987, I have 2 autistic children (also fairly mild- but dont let that fool ya,lol) Youre going to be a busy lady with a new baby and a 3 yr old, fun though!! I dont profess to be an expert or anything but if I can help in any way I would be happy to.

hey hun, i have a son who is autistic too and other complex medical needs xx

so if you need to chat just send me a pm x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"