Introducing new foods - also dont think I'm doing this right -help!

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Jess has always been difficult with her milk, I'm currently struggling to get anything more than 2oz in her :-( she will take 2oz with keep stopping after every mouthful then she will find something else to focus on- honestly I could put her in a room with nothing in it and she would still be difficult with it :shrug: I can get 4oz but it's really hard work, she feeds every 4 hours and has 4 bottles - the last feed she has dropped to 2oz. I wouldn't mind if she ate more food but that's a struggle too....

Breakfast - half to 3/4 of a weetabix with cows milk, she will not eat anything else at all

Lunch I try to BLW with finger food-bread, cheese, pepper, cucumber, chicken - she doesn't really eat it just pulls it apart with her teeth and throws it around

Dinner - she will eat macaroni cheese, cauliflower cheese, shepherds pie but anything else she will turn her head and purse her lips, so this week I've just given her what she likes so she eats something

She will not eat fruit in solid form- only cow and gate fruit pots

How do I get her to eat more, I tried giving her something different every day but this didn't work, finger food isn't really working and she won't take purée (Which I'm happy about)

I feel like I'm doing this all wrong :-(

Also she doesn't like bread or bread like:dohh: I get stuck for lunch ideas

Have you tried an omelette? Crumpets? Purée your own fruit? Spag Bol?

Are you mixing her food with milk? That will ensure she is getting more milk. Has she lost any weight or is she still gaining?

Hi hun, did you switch to follow on or she's still on stage 1? Omar started to drink a bit more when we switched to follow on at 7.5 months & his average was 15-18 oz.

I know how you feel, Omar is almost 19 months & he's still a picky eater. He doesnt eat any form of fresh fruits, so I stick to organic & organix fruit pots. As for veggies, you can chop some veggies like carrots, green peas, zucchini, etc & add then to her mac & cheese. The same with meat. Omar likes omlettes so I hide tiny pieces of veggies in them.

As for her milk intake, you can try to offer her more dairy like yoghurts. If she doesnt like fruit yoghurts, try plain yoghurt, Omar will only eat his yoghurt plain.

Omar also hates plain veggies (steamed or baked) but he eats them in stews cut into small pieces cooked in tomato sauce with lamb meat & served with rice.

It's trial & error until you find some more fav, good luck hun xxx

She is still gaining but only about 2oz every 2/3 weeks

She won't eat purée any more

I've never put food in her milk it's not something I've ever considered

Yep she's on follow on milk on your suggestion a while ago, it's not made any difference

Haven't tried omelette yet - will do Sunday

You can use her formula instead of milk to prepare her mac & cheese, it's around 4-5 oz for 1 cup which adds up to her formula intake. If she manages 15 oz of formula (including formula in food) + 1 yoghurt & 1 cheese it should be enough hun. Once she's 12+ months she will only need 12 oz dairy as a min. xx

Could you do her pasta with a cheese sauce to up her dairy? my lo hardly drinks milk, she has around 6ozs all day! the only meal she really eats is dinner so i tend to do her a bigger portion so i know she is getting something inside her and a lot of her meals are milky.

She has a yogurt every day, what about fish pie? cheesy pasta? Cheesy mash? Cream? Bagels? my lo loves them! I will have a think for some more.

i rung up my hv last week as i was worried my lo wasnt getting the calcium she needed, and the hv said at my lo age she should be on a pint of milk a day, but obviously if she doesn't drink it make it up with other dairy products in her meals. Which is what i was doing anyway.

I think if your lo is happy at the end of the day that's the main thing. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->