Introductions

Hello.

Im Gemma and have been Married to my wife for 2 years. we have been trying to concieve via donor for the last six months.

Unfortunately we have missplaced out Donors contact details through no fault of ours so trying very hard to re contact him :O(

nice to meet you all

xxx

First off hello! My name is Lisa and my partner's name is Misty. We have been together for almost 2 years now. We are finally going for our first baby the end of this month. We're using our friend as a donor and he said he'll help us until we conceive. We're doing at home insemination and are nervous and excited. We have been talking about having kids for awhile now and are finally taking that leap together.

Hi all, just introducing myself. Im 18 weeks pregnant with 1st baby,

Im glad somone has started this thread on baby and bump, ive been looking for a website that covers ssp for a while now.

im in a female same sex relationship. Looking to meet others in similar position. Achieved pregnancy via ai known donor.

Anyone out there in a similar position at mo?

Hi all, just introducing myself. Im 18 weeks pregnant with 1st baby,

Im glad somone has started this thread on baby and bump, ive been looking for a website that covers ssp for a while now.

im in a female same sex relationship. Looking to meet others in similar position. Achieved pregnancy via ai known donor.

Anyone out there in a similar position at mo?

hi jessica, this is our first baby too. we conceived via ai with a donor we met on the internet

Hi, our donor is going to be known to the child, ie see him/her a couple of times a year as he lives in a different city and works worldwide. Is yours going to be known? Another question, what kind of reactions have you experienced so far being ssp and pregnant, ie midwives, work, baby product shopping together in stores? X

No he wont be known , he will have regular pictures though and we did say he could meet her once she is a few months old but thats it. It will be me and my wofe on the birth certificate too.

The reactions we have had so far have all been good and positive, no one in the medical field has reacted badly or been negative in any way shape or form which we feel really lucky for. The only bad reaction we had was from my wifes nan but shes coming round now a little.

Have you had any bad reactions?

Hi everyone!
Been stalking this forum a bit so thought I would register.
I'm Laura (24) and my partner is Amy (26) and we're currently on our second cycle TTC our first child (if you don't count our two fur children :) ) We've been together almost five years, been in a civil partnership for two. We're using at home insemination with a donor we found online.
Just got my paws on a Clearblue Fertility Monitor. Am cycle day 4 at the moment of a roughly 36 day cycle :)
xxxx

Hey peeps,

I'm Shell and my partner is Amanda. It is our 10 year annerversary this year and I have just found out that Im pregnant. Yippeee!

Love this forum!:flower:

Hey everyone!!! Love that they added this thread :thumbup:

My name is Tag and I married the love of my life 5 years ago...her name is Vee

I am 37 and she is 33 :)

We would joke around about what we are gonna name our kids and such, but we never really talked seriously about it till last year...we finally decided to announce it to the families that we were going to start trying. We are using a sperm donor clinic and picked our guy out...we decided on a open idenity donor so when our child is 18 years old they can go out and meet him if they felt it was something they needed!!! (this was important for me since I was adopted and never given the choice to know my birth parents)

We have been trying for 5 months now and had a m/c in early Jan of this year....we decided to try again RIGHT away, and what do you know we got PREGNANT...so now we are cautiously expecting...we are over the moon, but so scared to be too happy :wacko:

We are very happy to meet everyone, it will be nice to chat and talk about symptoms and laugh together!!!

:hugs:

Hi Tag,

I am 5wks Pregnant and this will hopefully be our first. We are a bit anxious as its still early and this was our first attempt through the clinic. So fingers crossed this little bean will want to stay with us. Still feels a bit sureal!
I think I would only relax after the 12 wk scan, so I say! :wacko:

What symptoms have you been having? :flower:

Hi Shell

Nice to meet you, and congrats to you both!!!

My only symptoms thus far are mild cramping and tender boobs...super hungry at times and thats about it...if it wasn't for us getting our betas checked I wouldn't know I was preggers :winkwink:

My betas were 14dpo-- 59, 16dpo-- 175, and today 18dpo-- 482 :)
so we are still over the moon but still cautious

We do have an u/s booked for March 21st for 6 weeks..our fertility clinic likes to check to make sure everything looks good *shrug* not complaining, i am SOOO not a patient person, and find myself even more anxious since our m/c lol

Hiya,

Sounds like you have the same symptoms I have had. I had eaten absoloutly everything in sight which is unlike me. Im normally a food for fuel kind of girl. I weighed myself this morning and I have lost soem weight, I like this kind of eaten! but that is a bit random?
Today I feel freakishly normal although I sort have forgotten what it really feels like anyway.
We have our first scan in two weeks which will mean I will be 7 wks then which is nice because normally you would wait until 12 wks. We are also with a clinic hence why they are doing an early scan.
Pregnancy does make me giggle, we only did the HPT a week ago and then we find out we were 5wks 4days pregnant. Its mad how we seem to have skipped a few wks. We didnt realise it was calculated by the 1st day of your last mensteral cycle. :dohh:
I am with you on that, im not patient at all. I would love to go into labour now and skip the 9months if baby bean was ready!

We actually took our HPT early just for giggles and did NOT expect it to be positive...you can imagine our faces when we saw the two lines that came up like instantly :)

Well its nice having some bump buddies on here...calms me down somehow cuz i am not having many symptoms, but apparently a lot of people don't have many symptoms this early...so it makes me relax slightly lol

H&H 9 months Shell :)

Hi everyone! I made a previous introduction post (how did I miss this thread?! Must be the pregnant ditziness coming out again!) but I will post here as well.
My gf and I are both 26 and have been together for just over 6 years. This is where it gets interesting..Our bf and father of our child is 28. Weve all been together for just over 2 years. We are all looking foward to our 'surprise!' baby in August.

New to this site but very excited to meet and chat with you all! My name is Abbey (27) and my wife is Lindsay (26). I am almost 10 weeks along with our first!! We currently live in Utah and are due 10/31.

Hello everyone! My name is Kristina, I am 29 years old. My partners name is Cristal and she is 38 years old. We started our journey last august... we have chosen an open id donor. We ran into a few comlications with my cycle...I have PCOS and do not O. Therefore it has been a long process to track everything. This is the first cycle that we are able to try IUI. I am going in on wednesday for an u/s to see if there are any mature follicles...if there are I will be getting the trigger shot and then 36 hrs later we will IUI. We are both very excited and impatient at the same time...

I am very happy to have found this site, nice reading and getting to know everyone.

Kristina

Started seeing a new girl! :) Also, found out I'm having a little girl named Lara!

@mommaalexis....double congrats! New girl and new baby girl on the way! Woohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->