Intuition or "Gut Feeling"

BethMaassen

Mom to 2 Princesses
Reaction score
How many of you ladies rely on your gut feeling/intuition during or about your pregnancies?

When I got pregnant with dd, I knew almost immediately that I was pregnant. I could just tell. I would talk about how to announce the pregnancy with my husband, when we got pregnant almost everyday before getting the BFP.

This time around, I also knew. Only this time I had to announce my suspicions to my husband because my sciatic nerve landed me in the ER, and I told the Doctor there I suspected I was pregnant and he did a test and cam back negative (this was 4dpo so of course it was negative!) and they proceeded to give my a injection of narcotics despite my protests. (but that's a story for another time) Turns out 14dpo I did another test and BFP, 3 times even.

Now, I am wondering if any of you "just knew" and were correct about anything pregnancy related?

I just knew this time that I was pregnant.

Last time I had a gut feeling all the way through that I would have a boy, but I was wrong about that! I have a gut feeling this time will be a boy, so we will see!

I just knew this time that I was pregnant.

Last time I had a gut feeling all the way through that I would have a boy, but I was wrong about that! I have a gut feeling this time will be a boy, so we will see!

Let me know how it goes! :thumbup:

I got this feeling that I'm having twins this time. I hope I am wrong!

I had a gut feeling for both of my pregnancies. I refused to admit it with the second though, we'd only be TTC for a few weeks so I thought it couldn't have happened that fast. Turned out my gut feeling was right! I also had gut feelings for the genders which were both right x

I had a gut feeling for both of my pregnancies. I refused to admit it with the second though, we'd only be TTC for a few weeks so I thought it couldn't have happened that fast. Turned out my gut feeling was right! I also had gut feelings for the genders which were both right x

I was the same way with this pregnancy. I refused to admit to myself. Only because it took so long to conceive DD. 2 years. And we were not even trying this time. We hadn't even decided if we wanted another one yet! And on top of that it was the first time in 3 months we DTD. So I couldn't admit to myself.
As for Gender, every one knew :pink: with my first pregnancy. Myself included.

I had a gut feeling every time and I was right all three times. But all three BFPs were on our first month trying, so I don't really know what it's like to try for a month and not get a BFP! Our first two ended in miscarriage and now I am 12 weeks and going strong!

Yeah I tested almost a week before af was due this time as I had a feeling. I was right, bfp was strong and immediate! We both "knew" she was a girl and scans confirmed x

I'd only had one bleed since coming off the pill as well so super quick xx

It was actually my husband who had the gut feeling. I was really over emotional (which can happen anyway as at the time he was working away from home and I have depression) and he said to me that maybe I was pregnant cause I couldn't stop crying. I wanted to smack him lol, but then I did wonder. I got out the shower the next day and noticed my nips were darker, and thought I should take a test. The first one was like, the lightest bfp ever you couldn't even really tell, but at that point I just knew I was. The next day, it was confirmed. :)

I had a little bit of a feeling I might on the way to a party. I felt "off".
Went to the party and had trouble eating the food (the hosts are excellent cooks and I was excited about having their food before getting there). Then, when I didn't want one a cupcake they offered, I got pretty suspicious.

I wish I had a gut feeling about the gender of my baby but I get nothing really. I referenced the baby as a "him" once but I think if really pressed, I'd lean towards wanting a boy. But I'd be happy with either. If it's a girl, I'd be more likely to be able to talk DH into trying for another to keep his last name going (his only other sibling is his sister). He only wants one but I want two. lol!

With DD I knew I was pregnant before tests confirmed it.. we actually weren't trying.. I also knew she was a girl..
With this one I keep saying it's twins lol.. I have no idea why it just won't leave my head alone!! We will see at the ultrasound..

With DD I knew I was pregnant before tests confirmed it.. we actually weren't trying.. I also knew she was a girl..
With this one I keep saying it's twins lol.. I have no idea why it just won't leave my head alone!! We will see at the ultrasound..

I knew I was pregnant shortly after I conceived with both pregnancies. This time I was sure it was twins. and after me sonogram on Wednesday, there is only one baby there. I must admit, I am relieved.

O good to know Beth.. I have been googling and it seems it can go either way.. It seems there are stories of women who just "knew" they were having a certain gender or twins and weren't and there are those stories of women knowing and they did.. so who knows.. lol

Yeah. it seems to be a real hit an miss. during my scan my doctor kept picking up a shadow, and I was kinds like "hmmm??".. Because that didn't happen with DD. But there was only one heartbeat, so that kinda settled it really.

With dd I knew I was pregnant and had a feeling she was a girl. With this one It came a little as shock we were trying quite a while I kind of gave up hope. Also thinking a girl but will find out in a few weeks.x

i thought i was pregnant on most my bfn cycles lol i also thought twins a few times but only singles but i have been correct with guessing boy or girl apart from once out of 7

I knew mine was a girl from the minute I got my bfp. And I originally said I wanted a boy!! But I couldn't think of a boy name that felt right, the girl name came much easier. I just knew and I fell in love with a daughter way before I had the panorama test done at around 12 weeks. I was right!!

From what I can tell "gut feelings" are usually pretty accurate. Which is pretty cool really.

I think with the whole twin thing, I ended up getting too obsessed by the idea and it swayed my "gut feeling"
But like I said I am really glad I was wrong because of things within the home, and such. But to be honest it is a little disappointing. I always wanted twins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->