invites and rsvp cards...

nugget80

Reaction score
So after finding a real cheap way of getting the above done my new dilemma is whether to put stamps on rsvp cards? They are postcard style and already printed with my address but should i also put stamp on or can i expect guests to do that? Only 30 max going out but if i put stamps on cards to come back as well that's 60 stamps which is alot. This does not include evening invites but not doing.g rsvp cards with those...

I was thinking about this the other day. I don't think I'll be putting stamps on mine because a know a number of people will RSVP in person or through our wedding website. I don't think it's too much to ask that your guest pay 40p to RSVP, whereas it'd cost you a bunch to add stamps to them all.

I've been thinking of this too and really can't decide!
I think if its got a stamp on it it will make people RSVP quicker (I know It would me) but then I don't want to waste money putting stamps on them all if their just going to hand them back to us which I think half the people will!

I think if its got a stamp on it it will make people RSVP quicker (I know It would me) but then I don't want to waste money putting stamps on them all if their just going to hand them back to us which I think half the people will!

It deffo does make people RSVP. We got two invites within weeks of each other this year. One had a stamped RSVP envelope, the other didn't (well, it didn't even have an envelope, just the RSVP card :wacko:) and the stamped one was back in the post the next day and the groom of the second one had to text us to find out if we were coming :blush: That could just be my poor time management skills, but fact is if it's in an envelope and stamped then people find it less hassle to pop in the post.
Still doesn't help though, I know!!!
Could you perhaps just stamp the ones who you know for sure won't respond in person? Ie people you don't see often etc? xx

I was told that it's proper etiquette to put a stamp on the RSVP card. So, I did put them on. Looking back, and to be honest, it was a waste. So many people did not even send back the cards, so it was just money down the drain.

Is there an option of RSVPing online? If so, I wouldn't use stamps that are likely to be wasted. At work whenever we run out of prepaid envelopes and put stamps on most end up being hand delivered and we get told off, lol.

We've only given people the option of replying on our website, such cheapskates!

It deffo does make people RSVP. We got two invites within weeks of each other this year. One had a stamped RSVP envelope, the other didn't (well, it didn't even have an envelope, just the RSVP card :wacko:) and the stamped one was back in the post the next day and the groom of the second one had to text us to find out if we were coming :blush: That could just be my poor time management skills, but fact is if it's in an envelope and stamped then people find it less hassle to pop in the post.
Still doesn't help though, I know!!!
Could you perhaps just stamp the ones who you know for sure won't respond in person? Ie people you don't see often etc? xx

Im glad im not the only one :haha: i think we are going to pick and choose whose we put a stamp on! I wouldnt see the point putting a stamp on my mum and dads when they'll just hand it straight back to me!!

Well after talking to oh about it he has said he wants to put stamps on so we get them back quicker...! Was not expecting that as he is always telling me i need to save money! Invites should be here in next few days... Can't wait. :)

We did the phone us/text us RSVP and i can say only 1 person acctually text the rest did it in person. So i wouldnt put stamps on them it could end up being a huge waste of money. xx

I would send out the invites and get responses by email or text. Stamps is so "old school" and waste of money which can be going to something more useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->