iPhone owners

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
Are you planning on taking a camera as well as your iPhone to the hospital?
I don't know whether it would be a waste or not as my iPhone/iPad does everything a camera would..

I am, but kind of as a back up. I'll take pictures on both then in case one doesn't work or something. I'd be gutted to look back at pictures and see that so etching has gone wrong!

I guess so. I could also give the midwife the camera to take some photos.

Yeah I'm taking both, for the very same reasons xxxx

Yes absolutely. iPhone camera is only 5mpeg and my camera is 14mpeg. Quality of the pictures is massively better with camera.

My digital camera will be main use :) ill use my iPhone for quick snaps to upload and MMS to people but all the main pics will be on my camera :)

My sister and her boyfriend only took their iphones and all the pictures from baby's first few days can only be printed pretty small which she was really disappointed by. We took our camera in and the picture quality is so much better.

I'm considering having a photographer at my birth.

I have my sons birth on video but its a bit greusome to watch so don't wanna go that far again! Haha

I'm a photographer myself though so might just give hubby & mum a lesson on how to use my camera!

We will take our phones but my SIL's photos were really bad quality when we first got to see baby, due to phone camera not as good as a normal camera.

OH is into photography so no doubt he will have his DSLR when he is up the hospital and I will most prob have my point and click with me at all times.

I'm taking my iPhone, iPad and camera with me for photos :D

iPhone and camera for us. Plus good old what's app is good for free pic messages x

Well I am glad I had my phone camera. My husband left the room with the camera for breakfast and didn't think i would give birth so quickly. 45 minutes later our little girl was born. The nurse took her first picture on my phone

I know taking all of mine seem excessive. But when my son was born I forgot my camera and I had 3% battery on my phone. So all we have of him in hospital is one photo I took before the phone died and one my husband took of us before his phone died.

I do photography as a hobby and have a deadly camera but I dont think il bother taking it, me and hubby both have iPhones and that will do me....

I know taking all of mine seem excessive. But when my son was born I forgot my camera and I had 3% battery on my phone. So all we have of him in hospital is one photo I took before the phone died and one my husband took of us before his phone died.

eBay - "iPhone charging case"!! I have one for emergencies and it is a lifesaver!!!! I keep it in my handbag at 100% charge so if my phone dies when we're out and it's an emergency I just pop the case on and get a decent charge on my phone! I'll be putting it in my hospital bag for sure!!!

I think I may buy a new camera to make sure we have good quality pics. iPhone pics sometimes come out blurry :)

eBay - "iPhone charging case"!! I have one for emergencies and it is a lifesaver!!!! I keep it in my handbag at 100% charge so if my phone dies when we're out and it's an emergency I just pop the case on and get a decent charge on my phone! I'll be putting it in my hospital bag for sure!!!

Wow! Thanks for that, I'm watching it now ready for payday :)

Good thread, Ill definitely be bringing my iPhone and camera. My camera has a way higher megapixel count than the iPhone so I'd want that for clearer pics, and the photos save right to the memory card so it'll be easy to go and have pics printed for the grandparents. The video quality is better on my camera too than the iPhone.

i'm taking both, camera for pictures but going to put music on my phone as the birthing centre has ipod dock and speakers :)

Are you planning on taking a camera as well as your iPhone to the hospital?

I don't know whether it would be a waste or not as my iPhone/iPad does everything a camera would..

Hee hee! You know iPhones aren't the only phones with cameras, right?;)

Phone cameras certainly don't do everything a camera would.If you're happy with 'snapshot' pictures of baby that you can't print big then your phone will do it, but Hubbie and I are really into photography and will bring the DSLR to the birth. If you want photos in low light or to do anything creative with focal length etc you just can't do it with a phone!

Don't get me wrong, I use my phone camera a lot , but I also have a nice small Lumix that lives in my handbag so I can get better quality photos if out and about as I get frustrated when my phone won't do what I need (Samsung galaxy s3). As I said, really into photography :) So yes, we will be bringing a camera along with various lenses! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->