Iron levels

helenas81

Reaction score
Anyone know what the normal is? I'm on iron tablets as mine is low, doc said today my levels are between 10.2 and 10.6, but didn't say what it should be

That's very low, think its supposed to be 10/50?

Oh I do I have a print out of my last bloods and the normal
Levels are at the side.
Serrum ferritin which is iron is between 12-323u
And haemoglobin is between 11.6-15.6u

My doctor said he wants them over 10.5 so you're only just low. They are probably giving you iron to keep you there so you don't go lower. Mine was 10.1 and that's what my doctor said to me. He told me to take iron tablets until I deliver. I guess I need to ask the hospital if I still need them after that?!

Got this from here: https://www.pregnancy-bliss.co.uk/irondeficiency.html

Its normal range is around 12-16 g/dl. In pregnancy, many experts agree that the normal range can and should be extended to be 11-16 g/dl. When the level of this component falls below 11 g/dl, that is anaemia.

mine is 10.6, and my mw said if it was 10.5 or lower i would be classed as anaemic.. she didnt reccomend any tablets,just to eat more iron rich foods to get my levels up.

hiya mine is at 9.3 so I am on iron tablets the midwife took some more blood and told me if my levels fall anymore I will have to have iron infusion she told me the cut off for extremely low is 9 x

mines 10.6 and ive been put onto iron supplements to stop it dropping any lower they like it above 11

Mine was 10.2 and I've been on iron tablets for about a week and a half now. Got another blood test tomorrow to see if my levels have improved. Just hoping they haven't dropped any more as the cut off for using the birthing suite as opposed to the delivery suite at my hospital is 10!

Mine is 9.4 but want to have my baby at a midwife led unit an its got to be above 10.5. Iv got 10+ weeks left- sounds like a long time but had this problem with last two pregnancies to get iron back up. Im on 3 iron tablets a day, drinking spatone an orange juice an might go an buy some guiness as extra measures lol. At least ur doc being on cautious sidex

I'd say you were mildly anemic, mine are never 10 LOL. So far they are just 9 and that's after three iron infusions and tablets three times a day.

Mine have been as low as 6 though. Just keep taking them hun, you don't want them to drop.

Mines 15.4 with ferritin serum at 33... I was 7/8 in my last pregnancy so 10.2 isnt very low at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->