Irrational fears!

H

HerdingDogs

Pregnancy is a fun yet terrifying time. So much to stress about.. I thought it would be funny to share our irrational fears!

Mine is gross. I warned you.

I worry that any time I have to sneeze I am either going to sneeze out my baby or shart myself or both.

I don't think I have room for irrational fears amongst the very rational fears, such as, how are we going to afford this baby when we make too much for assistance but too little for comfort?

Shart yourself lmao that's hilarious

I don't think I have room for irrational fears amongst the very rational fears, such as, how are we going to afford this baby when we make too much for assistance but too little for comfort?

That is very true. There are a million very rational fears. I know you can do it though. :) My mom and dad got married young, my dad worked and my mom stayed at home. We didn't have a lot of money. We used to collect gas caps that fell off near this road to collect the 25 cents so we could treat ourselves to McDonalds. That was like going to Benihana for us. But that was the happiest time of my life. :hugs:

Jess. I'm also scared when I go over a speed bump (we have several in my parking lot at work) that I might pee myself a little. I don't know how irrational that is. It has definitely happened hahahahaha TMI

Well see, now take what you just said to me, and apply it to your post about daycare costs. Remember when McDonalds had 29 cent hamburgers and 39 cent cheeseburgers? I do! lol
I know I don't need a closet full of fancy Charlie Banana cloth diapers, but I want to be able to keep healthy food on the table.

I do have irrational fears about my pets being jealous and hurting baby. I know it's unlikely. I have two cats and two large dogs. one is a Labrador and the other is a mix of what we think it pitbull and Rottweiler. They're both such sweethearts but I often fantasize about the worst.

Will my husband forget baby in a hot car?
Will I forget baby in a hot car?
Will I get into a car accident with baby in the car?
Will I get a phone call about my husband being in a fatal accident?
Every time I drive my car now, I wonder if someone is going to hit me.
Will I die during childbirth?
Did I already screw up my child by not being able to eat healthy through the morning sickness and throwing up my vitamins?

I guess those are all irrational...I just know I have bigger things to worry about, like saving money and figuring out exactly how cloth diapers work lol
I've honestly never even changed a diaper before.

My irrational fear is a little tmi.

I'm scared to poop! On the off chance I'm able to, I try to be very careful. Whatever that means to be careful trying to poop.

Irrational fears only increase in number and craziness once baby comes! lol. Although, it always tends to happen that most likely we will worry about things you didn't think you'd worry about, and totally be relaxed about some things you thought you'd be crazy about. I mean talk about irrational fears. When my son was an infant and my hormones were extra CrAzY, I would get scared of things like the car exploding or someone kidnapping him when I left him in the car for 2 seconds while I ran in to grab one last thing before leaving. Just one crazy example, and I've heard waaay worse from friends, too! (like fear of cannibals, oh my!). My main fear right now in pregnancy is losing the baby. I'm waaaay more worried about that this time for some reason (but that could be partially be bc the OB had told me that if I got pregnant, I'd have a slightly higher risk of an early miscarriage and it took us longer to get pregnant this time)

I'm scared to poop! On the off chance I'm able to, I try to be very careful. Whatever that means to be careful trying to poop.

lol me too! I'm so constipated that when it happens, I'm worried about straining my abdomen or getting a hemorrhoid or something. I've never had one before and I don't intend to start now.

lol me too! I'm so constipated that when it happens, I'm worried about straining my abdomen or getting a hemorrhoid or something. I've never had one before and I don't intend to start now.

I think that's a rational fear! Not irrational. I have one and it is so painful :(

I think that's a rational fear! Not irrational. I have one and it is so painful :(

I think if things were, er, more regular I wouldn't be so scared to, but with the constipation, you have to put a little force into it! I get really nervous, take my time and breathe through it and try to relax.

I feel so silly typing that, but it's true! It's what I have to do to get through the moment.

I think if things were, er, more regular I wouldn't be so scared to, but with the constipation, you have to put a little force into it! I get really nervous, take my time and breathe through it and try to relax.

I feel so silly typing that, but it's true! It's what I have to do to get through the moment.

Oh no! I'm so appreciative that I haven't experienced that (yet). Now I'm going to be extra cautious!

MamaLoCo, I understand that!! We got really lucky with my husband's new job but we also struggled for a long time. We did not know he was accepted for the job when we first found out we were pregnant, so I had the same fears as you. Do you have a strong support system? I find that helps even when the situations are less than perfect. Wishing you the best...

I don't know. I must be irrational, too! Some of these seem pretty rational to me! :) ;)

I think my fears about one of us dying are rational but probably uncalled for. I mean, what's more certain than death, right? :/

nicem, we do have a strong support system. I even have a parent offering to move out of their house to give it to us but that would mean giving up everything we have here now - like jobs and insurance. It's hard to weigh the pros and cons since you can't really put a weight on family support! We're gonna try to tough it out though. We'll consider moving after baby is born...I'd love to have my kid grow up on the beach like I did :)

oh my gosh this thread is too funny. I'm really, really afraid of having an orgasm. Sorry tmi, I just feel like it would contract the baby out or something.

Omg, this one! I have the same irrational fear!

I also have this stupid paranoia about telling my principal the news and him being upset with me (because we are a small school in a small community and already have 1 retiring and 1 on mat leave as of March). I'm also worried about going on mat leave and then having my position/grade assignment given to someone else. I know chances of that are slim but I still keep worrying about it and it's soooo far away!.... I'm a major workaholic (up till now work has been my baby).

oh my gosh this thread is too funny. I'm really, really afraid of having an orgasm. Sorry tmi, I just feel like it would contract the baby out or something.
Make that two! The worst is I'm started to ease into that h- period. So I want it, but then... I'm scared to do anything hahaha.

I feel you.

I also have this stupid paranoia about telling my principal the news and him being upset with me (because we are a small school in a small community and already have 1 retiring and 1 on mat leave as of March). I'm also worried about going on mat leave and then having my position/grade assignment given to someone else. I know chances of that are slim but I still keep worrying about it and it's soooo far away!.... I'm a major workaholic (up till now work has been my baby).
I'm terrified of telling HR! My principal is an absolute doll. She was great with my DV stuff. I had to miss work a lot as a new teacher to the district and school for court stuff. She was so supportive. I know she'll rally behind me, and I think I've forged enough relationships with coworkers that they would as well. It's the community and HR I am worried about.

I think my fears about one of us dying are rational but probably uncalled for. I mean, what's more certain than death, right? :/
Maybe. But I have that. I have panic attacks when I don't have my phone on me, and I'm not with my family.

Oh no! I'm so appreciative that I haven't experienced that (yet). Now I'm going to be extra cautious!

I don't know if it's something you have to be cautious with! I mean, I can't imagine pooping would hurt the baby :haha: but since it's in the same region and bearing down and whatnot, it's kind of hard not to worry about it happening!

Rational definitely, but I wouldn't say it's uncalled for. I mean I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but the harsh reality is that anything can happen. I can be here today and gone tomorrow.

Maybe talk to your OH and make plans about who will take LO if something were to happen to the both of you. This way you are control of where your LO goes if something were to happen. I think then you have to make a will or something and put it in there, but I don't know if something like this would help you feel better?

I know it's scary to think about something tragic like that happening, but I think being proactive in that regard is the only way to relieve some of that fear. The fear may not go away, but there is something you can do to hopefully make it a little less.

:haha: I was too scared to have sex in the first tri with DD. I finally did towards the end of first tri, but (tmi) I refused to let DH go in too far. It wasn't until the end of first tri that I was okay having an orgasm.

LOL I'm so relieved to know that I'm not the only one scared to poop!

I think your paranoia about telling your principal is normal. I had no reason to be nervous to tell my boss, but I was scared to death. I think for me is that, while they can't fire me for being pregnant, I felt like I was still vulnerable, like I was letting them down because I'd need time off.

Can they give your assignment just because you're on maternity leave? I'm not sure how those things work, but wow!

Try to keep calm though. You can't plan your life around everyone else :hugs:

Spunky - I don't knooow. I wasn't going to say anything because it's gross and I didn't want to freak anyone out. I was constipated once for a while. Almost went to the doctor while. When it finally out, let's just say it was unpleasant on many levels and now if I don't poop regularly I get a recurring hemorrhoid hahaha. SORRY!

Also, I don't know if she is in the same boat as me. I'm on a temporary contract (yearly). The earliest I could move to probationary would have been next year; my principal could have petitioned to have my status changed from temp to probationary in December and I could finish the year with tenure IF she really likes me. On the flip side, they can't fire you over a pregnancy. But if HR doesn't like it and doesn't approve her request or even just to rehire me, they don't have to offer me another contract. Technically, she doesn't have to offer me a contract for next year but I'm pretty sure she will based off of her feedback.

Spunky - I don't knooow. I wasn't going to say anything because it's gross and I didn't want to freak anyone out. I was constipated once for a while. Almost went to the doctor while. When it finally out, let's just say it was unpleasant on many levels and now if I don't poop regularly I get a recurring hemorrhoid hahaha. SORRY!

Also, I don't know if she is in the same boat as me. I'm on a temporary contract (yearly). The earliest I could move to probationary would have been next year; my principal could have petitioned to have my status changed from temp to probationary in December and I could finish the year with tenure IF she really likes me. On the flip side, they can't fire you over a pregnancy. But if HR doesn't like it and doesn't approve her request or even just to rehire me, they don't have to offer me another contract. Technically, she doesn't have to offer me a contract for next year but I'm pretty sure she will based off of her feedback.

Oh I've had some pretty bad times myself! After my csection with DD, I refused the suppository (I have bowel shyness lol). Biggest mistake ever. It was 6 days later. I almost had to go to the hospital :blush: Not making that mistake again! As long as everything progresses, I'm asking my midwife what I can take to help!

That's scary about the job! I didn't know they could do that. How long does it take to be eligible for tenure? I know a couple of teachers, but I don't know all of the ins and outs of it.

Where I worked, I just had to be there a year to be eligible for FMLA (I was already there several years though). When I transferred offices, there was a girl who was there that was pregnant and a temp. She was there, I think for several months. Another girl started at the same time as her. The other girl was given a permanent position, and the one pregnant wasn't. So when she had her baby, she wasn't able to come back. Obviously nobody knows for sure the details, but everyone thought it was strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->