Irregular Cycle Sisters

hello ladies,

today I went to the doc and told her that we are TTC for a while and I do not have AF for 2 months but I am not pg!
She was actually nice (for a change!!!!) and prescribed all blood work, the first one to be taken during AF and the second during ovulation.... so for me to start being tested I have to wait for AF, this could b a long long wait..... was anyone in the same situation?
also, I should guess when my ovulation is (and it varies a lot) and get the second blood test the very same day..... what if I keep missing the day for cycle after cycle???
I told her that my OPK never showed a + and she told me that it's just a waist of money, that they do not work for the majority of women and that i shouldn't buy them...

any advise???

Hello everyone, My name is Stacey.

I'm sorry to butt in on your thread, but i'm not sure where to turn before going to see a doctor. I'm not even sure i'm doing this right. I'm just wondering if anyone on here has had the same symptoms as I'm having now.

My periods had always been a little bit irregular, i'd be maybe a week late here and there, and sometimes i'd skip one altogether. About 18 months ago though, I started to bleed a little after sex. And then I skipped another one. I didn't really think anything about it but then I started bleeding, and I bled for around 2 weeks before going to see my doctor. She gave me something to stop the bleeding and gave me some iron tablets, and booked me in for an ultrasound scan. I had the scan after the bleeding stopped and it showed nothing wrong.
So, my periods went back to the way they were, except they were a little more irregular, could be anywhere between 5-8 weeks between them.
My last normal period was in december 2010. I missed Januarys and started bleeding on the 15th Feb. I am still going now. This one seems more strange though, as i've had no pain at all (normally have pretty bad pain in stomach and breasts with a normal period) and it also seems to be a different colour than usual (sorry if TMI) it's bright red and has alot of clots. It shows no sign of stopping yet. I do plan on going back to the doctors if it doesnt stop on its own soon but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? what was wrong with you?
If it helps, I am 25, no children. I have a partner and I was sexually active up until December but havent done anything for a while due to illness on his part.
I am also very overweight.

Im so scared I have something horrible and i'll not be able to have a baby when the time comes.

Thank you to anyone who might be able to help me

Stacey x

welcome stacey!

I don't personally have the same symptoms as you but I have heard of many friends with the same problem, were you tested for PCOS? it can present with irregular cycles, absent cycles or very long ones. With PCOS it can be more difficult to conceive due to hormonal imbalance or presence of little cysts around ovaries but I wouldn't worry now if you are not TTC. The most imminent problem with prolonged and heavy periods is anemia, so I'd go check it out to the doc to see what can be done and maybe later have some further tests.

the best of luck

Thank you Want2bMum for your reply.

I have been thinking it might be PCOS.

I wasn't tested for PCOS specifically, all I had was an ultrasound. I'm guessing PCOS wouldn't always show up on this?
I think i'll have to have a proper discussion with my doctor about everything it could be.

I am just so worried that I have something awful. I know this is silly, but you think the worst I guess when you bleed for this long.

If theres anyone else out there who has experienced anything like this, any other advice will be much appreciated :)

Stacey x

Hi Stacey,
I am sure I have read of few people with the same issue here on B&B but I don't remember in which thread. Try opening a new one, I am sure people will reply!

good luck hun!

hey ladies still no sign of af for me and not too sure ive ovd tbh my temps are all over the place this cycle! ah well going to the fs in 3 weeks maybe she can shine some light on what the hell is going on. hope u are all well xx

lindsey looking at your chart, i think you may have oved :shrug: not positive though

FF finally took my CH's away :thumbup: so still no Ov for me :dohh:

lindsey looking at your chart, i think you may have oved :shrug: not positive though

FF finally took my CH's away :thumbup: so still no Ov for me :dohh:

:hugs: i think ov may of been yesterday for me as my temps are the highest today and then

my nips are beginning to hurt, im wondering if im Oving, or are about to be :shrug:

thanx lindsey, its great about the Ov :dohh: pity my OH wont provide the ingredients to make a baby, he's been a dick all day :dohh: we had a fight yesterday and today :dohh: he's such a douch

Hey girls, just checking in to see how you're all doing. dandybrush - tell your hubby to quit being a baby and get making one!

I feel a bit down in the dumps about getting a bfp. I don't know I just feel it's never going to happen *sigh*. I'm tired of not knowing when or if I'm going to ovulate. FF said I did on Monday but I won't believe it until AF or a BFP is here (which for someone who's now on CD46 I've got the end of my tether and just don't believe it).

tanz :hugs: I know exactly how you feel, i dont think im ever gonna get preg :cry:

well i think the temp rise is today, i think im 1 dpo, not whatever FF has me on :dohh: i also believe we have no chance of a bfp this cycle :dohh: because stupid OH didnt provide the ingredients :cry:

Are you sure you've def not OVd yet dandy?

Well 5dpo for me and going out of my crazy mind.

Hi ladies!! Well I just wanted to share with you all that I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I'm pregnant! I took a FRER Saturday evening and yesterday morning and they were both positive but very very very faint. Yesterday evening I started spotting a little bit...it was brown and only when I wiped, so I decided to wait until today to see what happened. When I first got up this morning it had completely stopped, so I was excited and took a digi test...which was positive. About an hour later I started bleeding again, this time a little heavier although still not a huge amount of blood...enough to show up on a panty liner. I called my OB/GYN and they told me to go on to the ER, so I did.

I have spent the entire morning at the ER, but as of right now my hormone levels are "normal" for how far along I am. They told me to follow up with my OB in a couple days to see if my levels continue to rise and to try to rest a lot until then. I'm not supposed to work this week, so I had to go talk to my boss about it after I left the ER- definitely not the way I wanted to tell people that I'm pregnant!! She was really understand though, so that helps.

So right now I'm just laying on my couch watching movies on my DVR trying not to worry and hoping and praying that this bleeding stops. Everyone I talk to tells me this could be completely normal but I'm so worried and so scared!!!!

Attachments

• digitest.jpg
    digitest.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 5
wanting :happydance: congrats hun, you rest up give that beanie time to settle in :thumbup: lots and lots of sticky :dust: for you :hugs:

Chele FF is wrong i didnt Ov like a week ago, im pretty sure I oved just this past sunday, the 2 temps since then have gone up and up, so i think I have Oved now, plus my nips are sore too, classic symptom for me :thumbup: dont think we timed the bd right for this cycle though :dohh:

hey i am new to this thread...my cycles are irregular i have pcos so my cycles range from 45-100days its just wonderful NOT...trying to stay positive and try some natural supplements to regulate some things but have to wait and see if they work :)

:wave: hey hopingnow welcome, we all know how you feel having the same cycle probs you do

can i ask what supplements you are on? and have u seen any changes yet?

congrats Wanting2010 i hope it all works out for you as im sure it will...wishing you a h&h pregnancy baby dust to all!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->