Irregular cycles and TTC! I would appreciate help from both Mums and Mums to be :)

RussianDoll

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here :) and not really sure of where to post the following question, hence why it's my third time of posting it :/

Anyway, I'd love to compare stories of successful conceivers, and those trying and in my boat!

I have very irregular cycles, they go from i.e. 20, 35, 28, 40, 30 days :( I'm sure you know how I feel with this!

So, me and my partner haven't been preventing pregnancy for a good few months and said what happens, happens. Though, this month we decided to give conceiving an actual go! I didn't use OPKs and I have no idea when I'd ovulate!

Unprotected sex: 20/1/12; 23/1/12 and 30/1/12.

Last cycle: 3/1/12 - 9/1/12
Cramps: 17/1/12 onward, they haven't really stopped til today, and were most painful on the 19th and 20th!
Sore nipples: From roughly he 22nd on and off! Though, to soon for pregnancy I know!
Itchy boobs: 29th!
Nausea: On and off from 22/1/12, though really bad 30/1/12 til today!

I took tests on 29/1/12 and 2/2/12 and both were negative! I'm on cycle day 34 and still no period!

I'd love it if anyone would share their views and stories! Thank you!

Have you ever been diagnosed with PCOS?? That is what I have and that is why I was having really irregular periods and I was not ovulating. I went and seen an endocrinologist and he diagnosed me with it and started me on a medication called metformin because it is suppose to regulate periods, help you ovulate and control blood sugar too. So I have been taking it for a year and I have been getting a period every month and I am now just waiting to test to see if I am pregnant and I think I am having implantation bleeding. I would consider going to the doctor's and having blood tests done to check all your hormone levels and tell the doc about all your symptoms :)

Hi, I'm new here :) and not really sure of where to post the following question, hence why it's my third time of posting it :/

Anyway, I'd love to compare stories of successful conceivers, and those trying and in my boat!

I have very irregular cycles, they go from i.e. 20, 35, 28, 40, 30 days :( I'm sure you know how I feel with this!

So, me and my partner haven't been preventing pregnancy for a good few months and said what happens, happens. Though, this month we decided to give conceiving an actual go! I didn't use OPKs and I have no idea when I'd ovulate!

Unprotected sex: 20/1/12; 23/1/12 and 30/1/12.

Last cycle: 3/1/12 - 9/1/12
Cramps: 17/1/12 onward, they haven't really stopped til today, and were most painful on the 19th and 20th!
Sore nipples: From roughly he 22nd on and off! Though, to soon for pregnancy I know!
Itchy boobs: 29th!
Nausea: On and off from 22/1/12, though really bad 30/1/12 til today!

I took tests on 29/1/12 and 2/2/12 and both were negative! I'm on cycle day 34 and still no period!

I'd love it if anyone would share their views and stories! Thank you!

Hi Russian Doll, you sound like me but a few months behind!

I came off the pill in Sept/Oct 2010 and just thought we would see what happens but were not bothered either way but then after a year of being off the pill we decided to try properly. My periods were irregular too in similar patterns to yours but ranging from 35 - 51 up and down!

I went to my GP,as I was concerned that (even though we weren't trying) that we hadn't been caught out. I asked him whether he thought I could have POS, as irregular periods is a common sign, but he told me it was unlikely as I am of a slim build. He suggested that I buy a thermometer and take my temperature every morning to check whether I am ovulating. I also read on the internet that vitamin b complex regulates your cycles so I reluctantly gave that a go not expecting it to work.

Since doing them both though I have realised that I do ovulate every month (yay!) and my periods have now been 34, 35, 32 since taking the vitamin b complex. Still irregular I know but not as eratic. I have had blood tests and a pelvic exam, which seem to suggest everything is in order, and husband has had tests and he is fine. Hopefully my body is just finally adjusting from being on the pill for so long. I would definitely recommend you get a thermometer and see if you're ovulating.

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->