Irritable uterus

Bittersweet

Complete(Boy/Girl)after losses and premature birth
Reaction score
Merry Christmas ladies!
I’ve just come out of hospital after being n since 20tg with strong abdominal pains. Started with me mentioning at a ante natal appt baby was quieter and got sent to hospital and when they did the machine I was contracting up to 96%. Got kept in for monitoring where it continues although irregular. Baby had some heart beat drops and my cervix went to around 1cm in length and 1cm dilated. However eventually pain hasn’t got stronger so I asked to come
Home which was agreed providing any patina getting worse/flood leakong/mucas discharge or feeling unwell I was to go back in

I’m a bit of a wimp has anyone else had this? Any pain reloaded that isn’t cocodamol? I’m really hopeful they induce me at 37 weeks I know they might not but I can’t bear another 6-8 weeks of pain :(

Had the exact same thing happen when I was pregnant with DD, went in for reduced movement and then all of a sudden regular pains. I had to stay in and have steroids and was told things could happen at any time. She ended up late in the end! I had quite a few episodes all the way through but made sure I ate/drank plenty as dehydration always set them off and if they didn't calm down I went for a nap and that always nipped them in the bud, whereas my real labour carried on. I took cocodamol but that was all x Try not to worry and keep hydrated.

I had this in my second and third pregnancies. Starting at around 28 weeks and in my third pregnancy my cervix actually shortened a lot and started to open up. I was placed on bedrest for 8 solid weeks. When my contractions started the protocol was a warm bath and lots and lots of water. If they didn’t help then a few sips of wine (yes my OB actually recommended it to slow cx). Once they started they would register quite strong on the TOCO machine and it was difficult to get them to stop and it hurt! I went into labor at 37.5 weeks both times.

My cervix has shortened to around 1cm and I was dilated a finger tip also. Woke today with badnlower back pain comes in waves and bd bad cramps but no fluid leaking or mucus plug so guessing more of the same :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->