Is a false positive really possible?!

brunette&bubs

Mommy to James
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've posted... But I'm back and possibly pregnant!

I attached the pictures...

Question mark was taken at 1130 pm last night
YES was taken with FMU this morning
NO was at 2pm today

I took a FRER around 1230pm today and NO line

I called my doctor today and they said I can come in for a blood test Monday IF I get another BFP.

My DH isn't believing anything yet since we've had every answer a pregnancy test can give.

Are false positives really that common?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 44
I also wanted to add that clicker is wrong, I am not 1 dpo and here's the second picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 42
Maybe your urine was more diluted? I know the frer digis are 25

That's what the nurse said. She said try the next few days with FMU. Since I need two blood tests two days apart it won't be til Monday :(

I'm thinking that the ? and no we're too diluted, and your FMU was concentrated enough.

I got a yes when my hcg bloods came back at 7 just to share :)

I would say that maybe your afternoon urine was just too diluted so it didn't register. I have never gotten a false positive. Then again, I have never gotten a ? either. I agree that testing again with a different brand would be good. Maybe get a clear blue weeks estimator. They are good for early detection. I got a 1-2 weeks on it at 9 or 10 dpo.

Side note... why can't you go in tomorrow and repeat Friday? Or is it a private practice that believes in holidays for their employees? One perk of Kaiser. I once had a beta done in Mountain View and then one two days later in San Diego since I was on vacation. Select hospital labs are also open on weekends.

That's strange! Did you try to pry open the tests at all? I know the one time I tried to open that digi it was originally a no but changed to yes once I started to mess with it.

The only time I heard of a false positive on a digi was when it was expired.

When we were first TTC, years ago, I did have a false positive on a digi. I don't know what brand you used, but have you tried to look it up and see what others say? I know with mine, it was a clearblue, and so many women had the same problem. I always do frer first now and if it's positive, THEN take a digi. Good luck to you. I hope it all works out how you want it!

Gosh seeing YES on fmu would defo make me think preggo. But the other tests defo throw a spanner in the works. Of course the only way to be sure is test again in a few days. I'd go for a frer but thats my personal preference. Aww I hope your getting an amazing xmas pressie. Fingers crossed xx

I agree I would have opened up the other tests. A positive is great. I agree try in a few days and I think you will get the answer you want.
Good luck Hun!! X

Well! Not a good sign! Got a NO on FMU this morning.

It's very disturbing to me that a digital came back YES on FMU, as a false positive.

We weren't actively trying so I'm gonna start my birth control pills up again. Thanks everyone!

Here's the test from this morning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 23
Sorry to keep posting. I did open the other tests. ? Was negative, YES was obviously positive. I'm gonna open this test in a minute.

I got a false positive on the First Response digital, too. It was out first cycle TTC and we were so excited. It was the only BFP I got- all others were negative, so definitely a false positive. So sorry =(

I hate to throw this out there, but if you cracked it open and it went from positive to negative then I might venture to say cp. :(. Really hoping that isn't the case.

Yeah I read that these tests are notorious for false positives

When I broke open the tests the screens turned off. There was a very vibrant pink line on the YES test so who knows. DH thinks maybe chemical or faulty test.

Still no AF

I'm testing one last time tomorrow morning and then just enjoying my Christmas... This is been a whirlwind because I assumed I could trust a positive result.

Can u get a first response early response with the pink lines? 5-6 days sooner? Those are the most sensitive. Your hcg might be too low and not registering yet properly on digi

Hahaha this is driving me crazy

Here is the inside of the yes. Does anyone see the line??? How does a line appear if I'm not pregnant? I just don't get it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh