is anyone a few days away for suspected ovulation?

Wow #6 that's awesome! Yeah since this is #1 for us it's hard not to want it this cycle lol. I wish I was able to not think about it and just do whatever but it's to hard for me. Texting with my OPK within the next hour so hoping for a positive. I'm pretty sure I'll be O'ing in the next day or two hopefully!!! Baby dust!!!!

Dtrisha Thank you!! I am trying to stay positive but it's really very much an emotional roller coaster. My DH just left for work, but we got in 1 bd last night and two this morning. I am worrying we are doing it too much and also (sorry if tmi) that oral which he insists on will kill off sperm (I've read it can).
Also, it got a little rough the last time so I'm hoping there wont be any inflammation preventing the little swimmers. There is just SO much to keep track of or that could jinx it, it feels like. Still positive though!! How are you??

Helena_ I try to take them twice a day. But I have a difficult time holding the urine for a couple of hours at a time. I haven't tested yet today, about to. I save them but haven't taken pictures and uploaded them yet. I am hoping I get my BFP this month and can put together a comprehensive success story with the supplements and tools I've used. Thank you for asking! :)

Welcome Ricschick and Just1More2 you lucky ladies!! Happy to have you join in and baby dust to you both!!

Trust me I know what you mean and the obsession with opks tajes over but in my experience taking the relaxed approach works the best easier said than done I no!! Saying that tho after a couple of months il be using them lol ttc is hard work in so many ways! Baby dust to everyone!!!!

Fertileflower- yeah my DH likes oral too but I told him no more of that because I don't want to take the chance of killing the sperm lol vim trying everything to make it easier just in case. Yeah I don't want to do it to much and him not have time to like replenish. I hear that if you do it to much it's not a lot of sperm. But they say if you do it ebery day it's less soerm but faster swimmer? So I'm not sure. I'm sticking to every other day. And if it doesn't work this month maybe I'll try to relaxed method next month and just do it when we feel like it? It's just hard to not think about it honestly. I don't know how so many women get pregnant when they say stress reduces your chances because it's seriously all I think about. It's only our second month trying but I feel like it's been forever especially when you know a friend that's pregnant and they got pregnant on the second month. I keep trying to get tips from her lol

Ricschick I totally get that the relaxed approach in theory would be more beneficial and I've read many success stories of couples who got BFP's right after they quit trying or was on vacation and didn't think about it. But I've had a relaxed approach my whole life and it never happened, so now I am taking charge. Or, trying to :)

My OPK came back low again (for my personal levels) 5/10 so clearly NOT peaking or ovulating, so I think the peak two days ago was the sign that I am ovulating.

DH even commented on my cm being more creamy than usual (I don't get egg whites, got it once in my life and had no clue what it was but remember it clearly, not since) so if I ovulated this month, yesterday was most likely it!!
Hard to know if an egg was even released or not. I've read some months it is not, but not sure how common that is.

Dtrisha, DH just laughs at me and doesn't think we will have an issue. We're on month #3 though so I'm not as confident. He is excited and happy to bd and talk about it, but refuses to listen to research or advice. lol I think this is pretty common with men. Maybe it's good to have that balance as well so it doesn't become too clinical or stressful.

Doing it more than once a day isn't good. No time to replenish enough. I have read that men make about 1500 sperm per second. It's a constant ongoing thing but when we rely on millions of them to penetrate so that just one can fertilize, 1500 is a minuscule amount lol

A no to oral sex as saliva kills sperm. That being said, how many ladies gave oral on a drunken night of whimsy and then conceived? So, how much damage does it do?

My guy also doesn't want to know much. He loves it that he gets to do it everyday but I try not to stress him out about it all. If I get the smiley face on my OPK, well that may be a different story. haha

As for our stress? I'm not sure if I would call tracking and using opk's (whether it is once a day or 5 times a day) as a detriment. I don't feel the same fight or flight response to all of this as compared to the stress I got from work or money or bills. I find it kinda irritating when people tell me to not stress about it and I'm sitting here like "who are you calling stressed? Sure it is most certainly my focus right now and I track nearly everything going on with my body and I am hyper aware of how my body feels but I wouldn't say I am stressing out over it." I also know that I only ovulated for the first time last cycle. While I have been going to the doc and such for 5 years we have only been able to truly ttc for once cycle. That's nothing on the grand blip of things. I'm in the middle of my second cycle now and I'm truly excited because I finally have the same chance as someone who ovulates on her own.

Fertile flower - yeah he doesn't want anything to do with the stuff I find out online or anything. He's just like when it happens it happens. I wish I was more like that lol. But hey what are you gonna do. I mean I'm only 25 so I'm hoping I don't have to wait to long since I'm still kinda young. I have a good feeling about this cycle but I don't wanna get my hopes up to much. Just wish I would get my OPK to come back. I hope I didn't miss it.

Woot! It'll probably get darker, but I'm just gonna go ahead and call it go time :D I'm on cycle day 22

Attachments

• 20150806_175253_HDR-1.jpg
    20150806_175253_HDR-1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1
Dtrisha- some surges last a few hours and some last a few days! I get a pack of 50 "wondfo" opks on amazon for like $20

Helena-Oh ok awesome I'll have to get some of those if I don't conceive this month ! Oh yeah I would take that as a positive for ovulation for sure! How long are your cycles?

They vary, but usually about 36 days. I've had 28-41 lately, though. This cycle will probably be about 35

Joining you ladies. Due to O around the 8th to the 13th. Have been DTD every couple of days. Fingers crossed and lots of baby dust to you all.

Hi sweetkat:hi:

What symptoms do you ladies get before and during ovulation?
I hate the fact I have irregular periods my last natural cycle where I fell with Joanie was 42 days. :wacko:

Hope you don't mind me jumping on. My cycle is a little wonky this time. Just started B6 and Vitex to try and lengthen my luteal period. I got some very dark OPKs back almost a week ago and my breasts started hurting but no temp rise and now my breasts feel normal again. I'm on CD 19 and normally O closer to CD 21. OPK was light still this morning though.

Fingers crossed for all of you this cycle!! I hope my O comes soon too!

Also, I never knew about oral being bad for sperm. SO good to know! DH definitely wants it regularly and (sorry if it's TMI) we sometimes use saliva as a lubricant. Need to stop that! Thanks!!

Lunalotus- yeah I've heard a lot about the saliva. So I told him SORRY no more spot haha. Gotta make every chance count!!

Hello,

I'll join you ladies, got a flashing smiley this morning. I had MC last month & no af as yet I had wonky cycles before anything from 31 - 50 days but most of the time around 38 days. I've got Increased CM so expecting ov in a few days my cheap opks still neg but I've ran out of those today & new ordered not arrived

Good luck

My symptoms are usually a few craps, ewcm, bloat, cervical changes

Mummy- I'm sorry for your loss :( with both of my miscarriages I just ovulated after them without getting a cycle. My body treated the loss like a cycle, I guess.

My opk got last night. I'm expecting ovulation in a day or two. So excited!!!

Excited for you Helena ! Good luck :) ovulation is so tricky ugh. I'm thinking I missed my surge for my OPK so just BD last night and today because I should of ovulated today. So hoping for positive results along with everyone else. We all deserve it.

I put in all my info into countdown to pregnancy and it said I O'd on day 17 last cycle. I took a look at the previous cycle where I had ewcm but didn't O and it looks like I should have O'd around day 17 then as well but the femara just wasn't at a strong enough dose. So this may be a pattern. Watching everything very carefully. OPK's are still negative but it's only Day 11.
Does anyone else get a 21 day progesterone test? Mine last month was the only way I knew I ovulated but is 5 days enough to generate enough progesterone for that test? My number was only 12 (anything above 10 on our tests means I O'd). Maybe because it was 5 days off instead of 7 that the number was lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->