is anyone ttc after pph ( post partum hemorrhage)

This thread was full of really great info--thanks ladies! I may have had a PPH about a week after delivery. I say "may" so it probably means I technically didn't, but days 5, 6, and 7 pp, I had huge gushes of blood. I had scans that showed some retained placenta, and I was given some pills to use intravaginally to help me uterus contract. The huge gushes finally stopped after. I also exclusively breastfed (still am bfing in fact), and I received and did my own fundal massages.

My mom hemorrhaged when she had an ectopic. Does this mean there's something genetic, or is it just coincidence?

I'm not sure if it could be genetic. My grandmother had 7 kids an hemorrhaged with all of them. She was actually told to stop having kids, but continued anyways. She literally told the doctor to not tell her what to do. LMAO She Is hard headed to say the least. Lol

This thread was full of really great info--thanks ladies! I may have had a PPH about a week after delivery. I say "may" so it probably means I technically didn't, but days 5, 6, and 7 pp, I had huge gushes of blood. I had scans that showed some retained placenta, and I was given some pills to use intravaginally to help me uterus contract. The huge gushes finally stopped after. I also exclusively breastfed (still am bfing in fact), and I received and did my own fundal massages.

My mom hemorrhaged when she had an ectopic. Does this mean there's something genetic, or is it just coincidence?

No, she hemorrhaged with an ectopic because her tube ruptured :) it would have happened to anyone with an ectopic pregnancy that wasn't corrected in time.

SOME people are more prone to PPH. They say the more kiddos you have, your risk increases with each one. If there is an identifiable reason that the uterus decided to atonize, like retained placenta, then it was a freak event. If there was no identifiable reason, you're probably more at risk than the average person with the next pregnancy, but it doesn't mean you WILL hemorrhage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->