Is calpol supposed to be in the fridge?

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of people do this but I can't seem to find anywhere on it stating that it should be in the fridge.

I've always kept it in the cupboard.

No, I've always kept it in the cupboard, so does everyone else I know

Haha

It's a lot of family from mine and OHs side plus friends who keep it in the fridge.

cupboard here..

my fridge is a under the counter type & LO has full access to it so i know its the first thing she would go for!! xx

I've never heard of putting it in the fridge!

I keep it in the cupboard, I should think it would crystallise in the fridge?

Some medications are meant to be kept in the fridge but the instructions always tell you this. Over the counter stuff isn't usually needed to be refrigerated, it's certain antibiotics and I think insulin etc.

I guess maybe people do this because it's cooler if giving for teething? Or maybe it's the safest place the kids can't reach in their house? Maybe it's just because some people prefer to put stuff in the fridge if they're unsure.

Haha I have always found this very strange actually.

The only things that go in my fridge are things that state keep refrigerated

I don't. Have always just kept it in the cupboard.

I keep it in the fridge. If DS has a fever then he is more likely to take it if it's cool. It doesn't crystalise in the fridge as long as the lid is on properly, same as in a cupboard.

In the cupoard here. Actually, more like in my handbag at the moment! only medicines that say they need to be refridgerated go in. x

In the cupoard here. Actually, more like in my handbag at the moment! only medicines that say they need to be refridgerated go in. x

I like to use the sachets for out and about or when staying away, have had a very sticky handbag incident in the past.

I work in a uk hospital. Never in the fridge always in the cupboard.

We keep it in the cupboard my mum keeps it in the fridge. Obviously we both *think* we are right :winkwink:

Cupboard, never thought to put it in the fridge.

I've never thought to put it in the fridge either, only medicine we've ever kept in there is antibiotics which stated that in the instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->