is clonazepam once a week harmful to a fetus?

cravemyheart

Reaction score
I suffer from psychogenic non epileptic seizures. What the are are like, a major panic attack where I lose the ability to think clearly, get easily confused, and have a hard time speaking or forming a thought. I only get them about once a week now, and the best cure for them is taking 1mg of clonazepam.

Since I decided to start ttc, I stopped taking the clonazepam because I know its harmful to a fetus. But today, I had a particularly bad episode and took one.

Im wondering how harmful to developing fetus is clonazepam if only taken once a week, if not less?

I did some research and it's definitely not worth the risk. I wont take it any more.

Probably smart. I haven't researched this drug specifically but it would concern me. Are you already pregnant? For the first two weeks-ish that you are pregnant the embryo isn't drawing nourishment from you so it might be ok while you are TTC as long as you are good about doing HPTs so you know soon after you conceive. If you are like me than of course you do :haha: Go talk to your doctor and see if they have suggestions for you. Good luck :flow:

Probably smart. I haven't researched this drug specifically but it would concern me. Are you already pregnant? For the first two weeks-ish that you are pregnant the embryo isn't drawing nourishment from you so it might be ok while you are TTC as long as you are good about doing HPTs so you know soon after you conceive. If you are like me than of course you do :haha: Go talk to your doctor and see if they have suggestions for you. Good luck :flow:

Thanks slg76. I'm only just ttc, not pregnant yet. So, Im sure that one clonazepam I had in the last month isnt going to hurt anything, but I still feel guilty. I wont be using it anymore just incase i do get pregnant.

Thanks hun!

All Benzodiazapines are either pregnancy category D or X, as an entire drug class. (I have been prescribed for anxiety attacks).

A visit with your doctor who manages your seizure medication should be in order, to discuss what will happen when you get pregnant. I wouldn't worry too much until you get a BFP or are in the TWW though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->