Is DTD in front of your children abuse?

amygwen

Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline
Reaction score

Would you consider this abuse if you were knowingly having sex where your child could see, obviously not MAKING them watch but where they could see and understand what is going on?

I don't know what kind of abuse I would classify this as, but yes. That is a horrible thought, made me sick thinking about someone doing this.

I know.. I was watching a documentary about a serial killer & he said when he was younger he can remember his mom having sex w/ multiple men and their rooms were directly opposite one another. She apparently wasn't secretive about it whatsoever. I felt a tad bit sympathetic for him (obviously not much because he's a serial killer) but I'm sure that was awful to see as a child.

Everything is abuse these days. :dohh:
I dont have sex infront of my children and I wouldnt but God am I sick of hearing the word abuse just thrown around.
Its so hard being a parent these days when so many people are willing to judge you.

Errghhh...thats sick. When they'e babies it's totally different as they don't know whats going on like you say...but children???? Noooo.....Thats so wrong.

Lol, in some peoples opinions, nothing much is abuse. And just having an opinion is judging

I wouldnt class it as abuse, as it doesnt potentially harm the child i wouldnt think, depends on the circumstances, the childs age etc but i think its completely inappropriate and wrong. x Dunno its a hard one !

The word abuse is definitely thrown around too easily. I don't think this is abuse at all, maybe very wrong in this day and age, but I'm very much sure in times gone by it would have been completely normal. After all, sex is a basic human need for our species to survive.

I've heard (not seen, but I'm sure many kids have caught their parents) my parents, and it didn't do me any harm, just grossed me out lol

(just to play DA...)
Was it abuse back in the day when families all slept in the same room and parents couldn't avoid having sex in front of their children? Remember, keeping kids separate from the adult world is only a recent phenomona

Shan everyones opinions are different. I dont see everything as abuse as quite like yourself.

lol i said i didnt class this as abuse. Just because i see smoking while pregnant as abuse doesnt mean i see everything as abuse.

Everyones opinions are different, i just forgot im not allowed to have one or im seen as being judgemental

Word twisting again... Nobody said your not allowed an opinion, you have been airing it in the other thread for a while now. We are just having ours. You judge everyones situation to be similar to yours without thinking of other issues...

Well im not twisting words,thats the way ive been made to feel because i think something is wrong.

Anyway ive had enough for tonight this is giving me a headache.

I think ill avoid any smoking while pregnant / drinking while pregnant threads from now on ;)

I haven't formed an opinion yet but I would be interested to know why one would consider it abuse? I can get that a child might be scared by seeing daddy pinning mommy down and mommy screaming, but if it was quiet lovemaking, why would it be abuse? Is it any different to kissing? (remember, I haven't taken an official stance either way)

Shan, please dont stay away from abuse debates, people on here me (included) are prone to miscontrue any and every post, its a forum hazard. Lol

Yeh thats why i formed the opinion that it wasnt abuse, as i dont think it would have any long term affect on a child (if it was just normal love making between two people that love each other), but again its not appropriate imo. It would make me feel rather uncomftable!

Thanks huggermomof2 we seem to have a similar outlook and views on things, but i dont like the way i take it to heart on these debates and then loose my cool a bit, it really isnt me off of BnB lol.

x

I think that it depends on the way that it is done. If it is done deliberately and blatantly in front of a child that fully understands and is traumatised by it then yes, I would say it was abuse. In this case I think it sound like an evil man trying to pin the blame on his mother.

I dont think its "abuse" but i dont think its right either..babies dont have a clue whats going on but a child probably would and therefore it shouldnt be done infront of them.

<3

I really dont think its abuse. I mean Ive had sex in front of my Lo when she was in our room under 4 months old. Asleep obviously but still there you go.

I used to have a neighbour who I could hear clearly through my wall so there was no way her 4 year old couldnt hear her shouting 'fuck me' at te top of her lungs. Distasteful yeah but not abuse.

I think most people will have at some point heard thier parent/s having sex and yeah its totally cringe worthy but maybe if parents were open about sex with in a loving stable relationship there wouldnt be as many unwanted pregnacy, such high std count and young people having sex they later regret.

However doing it knowingly infront of you child is wrong and a bit :sick: but most certainly not abuse. Unless you are focing them to watch. which is a different kettle of fish

I dont think its abuse. And ultimately, when you have kids... isnt ANYWHERE a possible place that they could see you?? I walked in on my parents countless times when i was younger.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->