Is everbody still taking prenatal vits?

I've been taking for years. Mine are delicious chewies, just about the only prenatals I could find without iron (which I couldn't keep down in vitamins). Now I have added in Slow FE at night.

Would you mind sharing with me the name of these delicious chewies? I'm interested!

I've been so lazy this pregnancy for prenatals :dohh:

Still take my prenatals plus a calcium and vitamin d supplement plus a iron supplement for low iron! also, planning on breastfeeding and my prenatals are suitable to keep taking.

I'm still taking mine! I have found that I have to make myself remember lately. I went two days without it because I just completely forgot.

I've been taking for years. Mine are delicious chewies, just about the only prenatals I could find without iron (which I couldn't keep down in vitamins). Now I have added in Slow FE at night.

Would you mind sharing with me the name of these delicious chewies? I'm interested!

I'm curious as well. Love chewies!

Hi ladies...not sure what brand the other lady uses but I take the CVS brand prenatal chewies and they are delicious! Plus for some reason the bottle is always buy one get one free! They are without iron as well. You have to eat two a day and I think 90 come in a bottle.

I still take mine and I bought enough to have them at least 3 months pp. It was never suggested to me to stop taking them, and I have always felt fine with them, never sick or anything, so I don't have a reason to stop. It makes me feel better about the vitamins in them because I don't always eat the best. I also take them at night, so it's easy to remember. I may have forgotten or fallen asleep before I've taken one every now and then, but other than that I've been good.

i take them about 5-6 times a week. ill end up taking a day from not using them because the iron in them makes me feel so ill and sometimes if im already feeling nauseated from acid reflux or something, ill skip my prenatals that night.

I take mine every 48h now. I try to eat varied and to eat enough fruits (easy) and vegetables ( a bit harder) so normally I shoudn't have any vitamin deficiencies. But I still take them just in case.

When I remember! I've just run out of my expensive raw ones so might just go on to cheapies for the last few weeks.

I stopped taking mine ages ago. I'm 30 weeks and stopped around 8 weeks.

The brand I bought smelled and tasted like infected mucus....not what you need with morning sickness.

They are so expensive, I didn't want to buy more in case they were all as bad as each other.

In hindsight, I should have just asked you ladies what brands you used and how they tasted.

I do eat a balanced diet full of all the right nutrients....honest

I'm still taking mine, when I remember which is about 4/5 times a week, I have enough to last me until 38 weeks I believe then I'll be switching to breast feeding vitamins.

I continue to take food grade prenatals, a probiotic, omega 3(for DHA and EPA) from algae and a Vitamin D supplement since I live in cold, cold Norway. I figure that my nutrition is not perfect so the vitamins are an extra insurance that both baby and I are getting what our bodies need, especially with trace minerals. I will continue this regimen when I am breastfeeding, except I will change to breastfeeding vitamins. I did this with DS1 and he has very good health, no allergies or eczema etc at any point. I would suggest food grade supplements, even if they are more expensive, so that your body actually absorbs what you consume instead of you just peeing it out in your urine.

What are breast feeding vitamins and where do you get them? I have never seen or heard of these!! While breastfeeding my dd I just continued to take my prenatal vitamins.

We do get them here in Norway. I guess you can continue with your prenatals although I am not sure you will need the amount of Folic acid as they have in prenatals. I guess a good brand of woman's multi could be an alternative.

I stopped prenatals a while ago b/c I just kept forgetting to take them. But I did start taking one of my DD's gummi vitamins. It has everything the prenatal had in it and for some reason I just always remember to give one to DD.

Little G,
I'm still taking my prenatal:
https://www.rainbowlight.com/womens-multivitamins-embrace-prenatal-35-multivitamin.aspx

I've taken it since TTC, and I plan on taking it all through BFing.

I've also started taking DHA since I read that it's very important, especially in the third trimester.

https://americanpregnancy.org/first-year-of-life/omega-3-supplements-baby/

I hope this helps. I see we're both expecting around the same time:hugs:

I'm still taking my folic acid and b12 as instructed by my doc, never took the actual prenatals they gave me horrendous migraines. Found out it's the niacin that they have...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->