Is it alright to re-write my birth story?

S

Serene123

I was 2cm dilated and effaced for a very long time. From 30 something weeks. I thought, wow I'm going to be early, it is just a matter of waiting now. So the weeks passed, and passed, and passed, and dragged, and passed, and before I knew it I had an appointment for a sweep and to book induction at 40+5. That's when I knew she wasn't going to come on her own! Anyway, the doctor asked me if I wanted a sweep, and with a nurse present, he proceeded. It was uncofortable but it did not hurt. He said he would stop if I was in pain but I just wasn't. That night, or the night after, I lost my plug. I thought "woo this is it!" No it bloody wasn't. Another week passed, induction day came (41+5) and I went into the hospital at 8am. Texting Tezzy every time something did/DIDN'T happen! When I went in I was examined and found to be 3cm dilated, so they got me walking, said I didn't need gel, and they would break my waters as soon as the delivery suite had a room open. So I walked and walked for miles and miles to try and get something to happen. It didn't! They put a bit of gel in before I went to bed and still, nothing. I was having contractions but I couldn't feel them and nothing was happening. I woke up that morning and was taken back down to the ward. They examined me and I had gone backwards! They could no longer get to my waters because little miss back to back had been pushing my cervix backwards with every contraction. They tried two more courses of gel and all day walking before they decided they would have to pull my cervix forward. I cried. I could only imagine that being the worst and most horrible pain in the world. They bought out the gas and air for the first time. She told me to spread as if I was having a cervix check and suck on the gas and air. She then said to tell her when I felt drunk. I told her. She then proceeded to pull my cervix forward. To be honest, it didn't hurt atall. I could feel it, and it would've hurt, but the gas and air seemed to soothe it. It was over in seconds and she could I was 4cm dilated. When I came off the gas and air I felt soooo giggley. I couldn't stop laughing for ages. I couldn't wait to be in labour and back on it! An hour later, off I went to the delivery suite. Things weren't progressing and they broke my waters. Active labour then began (5pm exactly.) My contractions came on really strong really fast. I was sooo uncomfortable. I didn't want to sit, I didn't want to stand, I didn't want to lay down. Honestly, I just wanted the ground to swallow me up.. :blush: I wanted to curl up into a ball but because they broke my waters I was on a monitor for her heart. I was in sooo much pain. Eventually I uttered the words "I need an epidural," whilst bursting out into tears and feeling so disappointed in myself. The midwife knew I didn't want one I had told her previously so she kept putting it off in the hope I would make it. A couple of hours later they came to put a drip in to speed my labour up. The doctor was putting the needle in me (about 100 times to find my vein) and I was in so much pain trying to hold Caitlyn in I couldn't have cared any less. I swear when I blinked it went from there being 4 people in the room to there being about 8-9! Anyway, I needed what felt like a really big painful poo. So I announced it to the whole room. The doctor asked my mum what I had just said and she told him. He told the midwife to check how far I was before he turned the drip on (STILL NO EPIDURAL!) and she was half out! I told them I was further than they thought I was but they didn't listen. So the drip was never on, Caitlyn's head was coming out.. and it was time to PUUUUSSSSH. My god, I have never ever imagined such a pain. It burns, stings, it is truely horrible. I didn't make a sound. I remember thinking the whole time "I wish I could stop, this hurts soooo bad, I really want to stop," whilst being in a mist of highness with the gas and air. After 10 minutes of pushing and getting the cord off from around her neck, (whilst I'm asking if she was ok and breathing before she was even out) out came my little piece of perfection. She wasn't crying or breathing. There was no oxygen in the room and they were bashing her about trying to get her to breathe! Soon enough, she cried. I forgot though. 5 minutes later I asked why she wasn't crying and they all said she had! Then they gave her to me and I was shaking so much after 2 minutes I passed her to my mum. I was so overwhelmed and confused. I didn't know where all the time had gone. After a while it began to sink in. She was absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't believe it. I have never felt so proud in my whole entire life! She was born at 9.10pm weighing 6lb15oz!

Sorry to re-write but I actually remember more now than I did just after! :cloud9:

I loved my labour and I would absolutely go through it again. The pregnancy was worse!

ah hun i bet its nice u can finally remember more. i remember re reading all my notes after i had jack to remember his birth and the events leading up to the section as it was all a blur x

Yeah i think for a few hours of pain compaired to the hell of the whole pregnancy i have had i am actually looking forward to mine to. But i know I will panic anyway as i dont really know how it feels yet. But i am used to dealing with pain and can put on a brave face I hope.

I loved re-reading your birth story coz I could imagine where you were & what MWs were present what with Maya being a L&D baby aswell :)

I love reading my birth story too! Especially the ending...:cloud9:
I said it already a few times,most adventurous,crazy,painful,wonderful,exciting days I've ever had! :D

Aw glad you can remember more now...

I think I might post mine, too - I wanted to the other day but thought it was too late, but now that you've done it I won't feel so embarrassed! lol

That was fab Toria thanks for sharing :)

I thought a couple of days ago how I want to do mine again, I can remember so much more and have more time to think.

I missed yours the first time round, sounds like Caitlyn was a bit of a madam!

That sounds very painful! Congrats you your adorable girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->