Is it just me or is this really petty and rude?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Me and my husband got married a year ago today. Our anniversary is actually on Monday as we got married on 1st October. Does that make sense? We got married a year ago today to the DAY and is a year ago on Monday to the DATE :)

I put as my Facebook status: 'A year ago today I married my amazing hubby <3 1st anniversary on Monday, can't believe how fast the year has gone!'

I got lots of likes and some nice comments. Then a friend who I'm penpals with but she only writes about once every 2 years wrote on my status: 'This status is very blonde!'

This was our conversation then:

Me: why
Her: because it'll be a year on Monday, it's only 52 weeks today. A year would be the exact date you got married!!
Me: well it's a year ago to the day when we got married anyway, ha ha. Two days off a year if you want to look at it like that!
Her: a year is date to date. But thanks for cheering me up haha this made my day :)
Me: could you just let me have my happy status please. Thank you :)

Is it just me or is this just totally petty and rude? Everyone else has liked the status or made a nice comment and she's gone and ruined my status now making it look like I'm some idiot who doesn't know what a year is. Is it silly to say that I've been married a year to the day? It was on this Saturday this time last year that I got married. I can't believe she has been so picky over two days.

She's really wound me up. I would never put something so negative and petty on someone's happy status! :nope:

its really rude! you had explained it was today as in days a year, but monday is the actual date! i don't see it as 'blonde' i see it as correct!

That's awfully rude! I really would just delete her hun :hugs:

I don't really think it was rude tbh and I'd be irritated by your comment too lol as thats not how dates work. Im sure she didnt mean to cause offense!

Same as blah, although instead of writing it, I'd have probably just kept quiet haha xx

I don't really see at it rude really. It was a year ago on Monday that you got married as a year is 365 days, which is 52 weeks and 1 day. As said above i probably wouldn't of said anything though.

I think the fact she said it was a blonde status was rude, she's calling her thick!

I don't think it was rude tbh. I would have thought the same as your friend...prob wouldn't have said anything though. Anniversary/birthdays etc I go by the date, not the day :shrug:

I don't really see at it rude really. It was a year ago on Monday that you got married as a year is 365 days, which is 52 weeks and 1 day. As said above i probably wouldn't of said anything though.

And also the fact that this year is a leap year, adding an extra day onto that, making it 52 weeks and 2 days for their anniversary xx

I think it's rude, and really why would you comment? If it bothers you that someone else measures things differently, then it's your problem, not theirs. Why be nasty about it - because she was nasty.

It was my 7th anniversary 2 weeks ago, and we went back to where we went on honeymoon for a holiday. I was saying to my DH from the Saturday (which is the day we got married) that although the dates were out, in terms of it being the day around that date when things happened, it felt like we were repeating our honeymoon.

It doesn't make me thick, and I don't need it explained to me how years work. It's just an alternative way of looking at things.

I call people blonde for a laugh not to be rude tbh the other girl is right as anniversary is an annual thing. I wouldn't of been bothered and would of just laughed it off. On my child's 1st birthday I wouldn't of celebrated his birthday the day before because it was the day he was born on.

I think it's rude, and really why would you comment? If it bothers you that someone else measures things differently, then it's your problem, not theirs. Why be nasty about it - because she was nasty.

It was my 7th anniversary 2 weeks ago, and we went back to where we went on honeymoon for a holiday. I was saying to my DH from the Saturday (which is the day we got married) that although the dates were out, in terms of it being the day around that date when things happened, it felt like we were repeating our honeymoon.

It doesn't make me thick, and I don't need it explained to me how years work. It's just an alternative way of looking at things.

This is exactly what I mean! :) I know it's not my anniversary today but it's a year to the day that I got married - on this Saturday last year I got married. But my anniversary to the date is on Monday xx

I would have probably thought the same as her, but I wouldn't have commented.

I wouldn't have been offended by her comments about the date, but the ones about being blonde and how laughed etc, we're not nice IMO.

Text is always difficult to read though, it's difficult to gauge intent, but I imagine she wasn't meaning to offend you.

. On my child's 1st birthday I wouldn't of celebrated his birthday the day before because it was the day he was born on.

wss

In terms of the date I agree with her, in a few few years you'll be almost a week out! No other anniversaries birthdays, etc... depend on the day.

Also the blonde thing to me is a way of commenting keeping it light without making a big deal out of it. The comment about laughing may have been her trying to make the thread less serious but she could have worded it better. It's difficult to judge text on FB. It would probably have been better for her not to comment at all though since she knew you would obviously know what date you got married.

The fact of the matter is offence is decided by the person you offended. If they are offended then what was said was offensive and so it doesn't really matter if she meant to be rude it was rude.

The OP clearly explained what she meant and just because her thoughts on a matter are different to others it doesn't mean someone should insinuate she's thick and her opinions and thoughts are a laughing matter.

So yes OP I think she was rude. Happy anniversary x

It would probably have been better for her not to comment at all though since she knew you would obviously know what date you got married.

Exactly so to me that suggests she was being rude and looking to cause a fuss. If someone said something like that to me I'd assume they were trying to cause an argument or get a bit of attention for their comment x

It would probably have been better for her not to comment at all though since she knew you would obviously know what date you got married.

Exactly so to me that suggests she was being rude and looking to cause a fuss. If someone said something like that to me I'd assume they were trying to cause an argument or get a bit of attention for their comment x

Yes, she does look to purposely cause arguments or pull people up on stuff. I've seen her do this on other people's statuses before quite often. It's a shame as she used to be such a lovely person and now she just tries to cause arguments. It's always with the people who don't usually stick up for themselves though! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->