Is it normal to be this uncomfortable!

JessyG

cautiously pregnant #1
Reaction score
I am only 28 weeks and every day after work I could literally cry at how uncomfortable and sore I am.

My back, legs and sides ache. I cannot get comfortable on the couch and end up going to bed as it gets too much.

My OH wanted to pop out to meet his friend for a few drinks after work but i just couldnt manage it and am now shuffling about on the couch trying to get comfy. is it just me? is it normal to feel this uncomfortable this early on?

Yeah totally normal hun. Have you got a birthing/gym ball? Sitting on one of them helps when you can't get comfortable on the couch. I love mine!

normal for me too hun! i have hit a wall this week but luckily i start mat leave next week so can calm down a bit x

yep im feeling it! I cant get comfortable anywhere, even sitting on the sofa hurts.. its easiest when I lie in bed, but I don't want to be laying in bed all the time!
im definitely gonna get a ball and see if that helps.. im sick of it and have quite a few weeks left for it to get worse:( x

yeah I am definitely going to buy a ball. I think I am mostly scared about the fact that know its only going to get worse but at the moment i cant see how. glad i am not the only one although i am sorry you are all suffering too.

oh and i had to shave my legs today and it was a farse! my OH refuses to help which i can sort of understand.

Pregnancy is uncomfortable but you should see a physio in case your pelvis & sacroloilac joints are out (very common thanks to the hormone relaxin).

I can relate. I feel so much further along than my 27 weeks as I feel so uncomfortable and am finding it so hard to move myself around! I honestly do not remember feeling this uncomfy till I was about 34 weeks with my daughter.

Pretty uncomfortable here as well. What sucks is I know it gets worse. That and my husband leaves for a month on Thursday, leaving me to do 2 kids by myself. Ugh. I can do it. I know I can. I'm just tired all the time and they need to get out and do stuff. At least I'm not working anymore. I quit 2 weeks ago as I was a teacher and the school year ended. I really feel for you ladies who are still working. :hugs:

It is work that does it for me as i dont feel so bad at the weekend but i am due to finish up for two weeks holiday then mat leave on 29th July so still a while to go. one midwife said i looked small for 28 weeks and one woman said i was huge so have no idea how big i am likely to be!

I find myself very achy and uncomfortable come the end of the day. I've now got into the routine of getting home, having a shower and stretching out on the bed for an hour before I do anything else as my back is normally really sore. I agree with trying a birthing/yoga ball. They are pretty comfy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->