Is it normal to feel like this .....re : dh getting a vasectomy ??

camerashy

Reaction score
Hi ladies , well as you can see from my ticker, I've 4 fab children , 3 girls aged 12,7,2+ half! and a son aged 16 mths. :)

Myself and dh have decided we are finished our family and that dh will get a vasectomy :)

But why do I feel sad? Sad that I'll never give birth again :( , or have a newborn in the house ?

Plz say this is just a phase .......I know ill always be broody :dohh: but we've decided that 4 is our no :) + that we want to give the children we have all the attention we can .

Or...... Is this a sign ......that maybe I'm not finished? Tbh I know that if I REALLY wanted another baby dh would more than likely say yeh ........I'm in no way pressuring him to get a vasectomy , we've decided this as 1. I gave birth to 4 of our children ! , 2. I'm so sick of being on hormonal contraception , this implanon ( have had it several times in a space of 12 yrs) Is just agreeing with me this time round :(
Dh has gotten the DVD etc from clinic and is just waiting till after Xmas to book an apt .

Look forward to your replies :thumbup:

My husband hasn't had a vasectomy but from being on the forum for five years I've read posts very much like this, again and again. I think it is because despite you knowing it's the right choice for you and your family, it is so final.

I don't have any advice but just wanted to you know that it is normal :hugs:

I can't speak for anyone else but yeah I think it's the finality of it. I recommend thinking really long and hard though before he does it as referrals seem very quick and easy and it's permanent. People think reversals are always an option but they're not. All the best hun x

Dh hasn't had the snip but in November last year I was sterilized on medical grounds - it was the absolute right decision for me and my family but I still felt very sad that there would be no more. I must admit in the run up to it I was, at times very tearful, but as soon as it was done it was a big weight off of our shoulders and we have never questioned our decision. In october of this year I had a hysterectomy because of adenomyosis and I must admit it really knocked me for six! I think its natural that you go thru' a what if/are we doing the right thing/are we sure process.

Tbh my DH and I have been talking about whether we want more children and talking about him having a vasectomy in a few years made me feel a bit sad and bereft - I agree it's the finality of it. I think it's a very normal way to feel when you're making that sort of decision about your family.

We've decided that dh will have the snip. No dtd until it's done, Iol! And I am sad that I will never carry a baby again, give birth, never be able to meet my baby for the first time.... but I'm just broody for that part. I have no desire to have anymore children! It's far too much hard work as they get older....

I have a 10 year old, 3 year old and10 month old....

We've decided that dh will have the snip. No dtd until it's done, Iol! And I am sad that I will never carry a baby again, give birth, never be able to meet my baby for the first time.... but I'm just broody for that part. I have no desire to have anymore children! It's far too much hard work as they get older....

I have a 10 year old, 3 year old and10 month old....

My hubby had a vasectomy in January. TBH I have no regrets about it. We knew we were done after number 3. Nathan came along and it was a huge shock. We're really really done now.

I'm not sure I'll ever feel broody again. After Jason I never felt broody, which is how I knew for sure that I didn't want any more.

totally normal hun! I have three children, and my husband had a vasectomy in sept...i felt sad about it, and broody that id never give birth again, and a whole chapter of my life was over, but after having three im so ready to be done, so ive come to terms with it! but its so normal to feel like this:)

Thank you ladies :) am glad others have felt the same , was just worrying it was me second guessing our decision :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->