Is it normal to have prolonged BH?

brunette&bubs

Mommy to James
Reaction score
Ok, so last night I started getting BH (i think) that were really painful and really frequent and they lasted practically all night.
They weren't literally 'taking my breath away' so I figured it was just BH.

I called my OB and there was a huge snow storm last night and she said "Let's just say you're not the first one to call me tonight"
She told me to take a bath and go to bed and if the pain is truly unbearable then to go to the hospital.

Well I couldn't even fall asleep or find a comfortable position because I was in so much pain.
The BH were so bad I was getting charlie horses in my legs, my vagina felt swollen and sore, and my back hurt.

I finally took some tylenol and got some sleep.

So after all that, is it normal to have BH for such a long period of time? And how can I make them go away sooner? Or should I just leave them alone? Is it good to have BH?

Sorry for all the questions and congrats to you if you made it this far! :hugs:

Hmm I dont know what to say lol BH can be painful though I do know that but they only classify you as having BH if they dont make a change to your cervix, otherwise they are considered contractions.

I am going to say maybe it was bubs engaging because this is how I felt when bubs engaged, and when I went to docs he confirmed she is deffinitely head down and engaged already! I never knew a baby could engage this early so was quite shocked myself!

I would say dont try to stop the BH, maybe relax in a hot bath or something to ease them but unless they are breath taking BH is just getting your body ready for the real deal love!!

I hope that you have a better night sleep tonite though, I know all about brutal night sleeps! Cant get comfy anymore myself.

Coincidentally I was the same last night. My friend and I started timing them in the end, because I started to think it was going to turn into the real thing. They went off in the end though, so I guess it was just more practice.

You can have days, even weeks of it doing this before the real deal starts unfortunately. It does help tone your muscles, but having said that it's still worth finding ways to ease them I think, especially if you're suffering with them a lot. The best way to help is to drink lots and lots of water. Changing position usually helps too, i.e. walking about if you're currently sitting, or vice versa. xx

Thanks but for some reason I don't think he's engaged because my bump is still pretty high and I dont feel lower or like I can breathe easier or anything.

But then again, what do I know :shrug:

I had this the other night, it eventually wore off but it wasn't nice. I'll be interested to see what answers you get! X

Thanks but for some reason I don't think he's engaged because my bump is still pretty high and I dont feel lower or like I can breathe easier or anything.

But then again, what do I know :shrug:

ahh damn well I took a guess LOL! I really dont know why you would have Bh so often , i guess everybody is different though lol, could just be 'one of those things!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->