Is it ok to switch from cartons to powder?

cat lover

Mummy to 2 girls
Reaction score
Hi all, we are combi feeding and atm using cartons but it would be a lot cheaper to use powder. will it be ok, or will it cause tummy ache or anything, she already has colic. also should it be done gradually? lo has two or three bottles in 24 hours xx

i think it would be fine to switch. the only thing is when you shake the bottle to mix the formula it goes very frothy, so you might want to let it settle before giving it to your lo.

Should be absolutely fine. Both my kids seemed to prefer the powdered stuff to the ready mix. Maybe I have strange kids! But if you're concerned you could try a few half and half bottles (so if you want a 4oz bottle, make up 2oz of powdered as directed then top up with 2oz of ready mix).

It should be fine, but I have heard that for some babies that are colicy that the concentrate or ready to feed worked better for them than the powdered. when my lo was a newborn and having bad gas issues, I tried the concentrate version of the same formula and didn't see a difference though so went back to the cheaper powder. I'd say start with getting a small container of the powder and see how it goes, if the colic symptoms get worse, go back to the cartons for a little while until lo outgrown the colic.

you should be fine hun :)

doesnt need to be done gradually unless you want to xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"