Is it possible for children to sense how many children you're going to have?

Tink55

Reaction score
I work in a daycare, and right after I had found out I was pregnant, one of the children at the daycare (he's 4 years old) told me I'm going to have twins. I didn't think much of it at first, and just said "excuse me?". And he just said it again... "you're gonna have 2 baby's. I can see them." So I was just really curious if it's possible for children to sense stuff like that. I'm 6 weeks pregnant, and am going in for my first ultrasound within the next few weeks (so I'll know soon, but still). Thank you for your answers :)

Children do have incredible senses! I am curious to see what your scan shows!

Although I wonder if the child had recently learned about twins, still very eerie if they did sense twins!

My daughter whos 3 told me i had her baby sister in my belly so before i even new i was pregnant so im rly wondering what this lil bub is lol x

When a family friend was pregnant her little boy said 'mummy you have a baby in your belly I can smell it' - she was pregnant and she had not told anyone yet

My daughter told me I have a baby in my belly the other day. We've not told the kids yet. :)

Today he was talking to me again, and he was just like "yep, you're gonna have two. A boy and a girl." And my husband said if this kid is right, he's going to give him 20 dollars haha.
But children have a sixth sense for that kind of stuff, honestly. It's kind of creepy sometimes. But I'll definitely let you all know. Hopefully, I'll know by the beginning of July. Everyone I've talked to about it just says mention that I work in a daycare and one of my kids swears he sees twins so they can keep a very close watch out for twins. So I probably will lol

I was standing and having a conversation with a friend this morning, and my friend's 3-year-old little girl kept coming up to me and silently placing her hand on my belly and smiling. I'm not sure if my friend has told her little girl that I'm expecting or not.

My wee boy said to his granny, do u have a baby in your tummy like mummy. We hadn't told anyone either!

My friend's daughter predicted my daughter would be a girl and this time said it would be a boy and she was right! She was also right about her mom's second baby, said it was a boy and it was hahaha now we rely on her to predict stuff.

i totally believe they can! i think kids are way more "connected" to wherever they came from, than we are. and especially in this early age before their language skills set in fully, they rely on their sixth sense to get around and to communicate.
i also worked with kids for a long while, in summer camps, sometimes we'd have kids coming from every corner of europe, no single common language between us, and i assure you, they understand everything and that communication is all but verbal.

I guess I'm not sure if they can really sense it, but I had just found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago and my nephew randomly came up to me and said that my son has a brother or sister. It was really strange, and I have no idea what made him say it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->