Is it possible to conceive a day AFTER ovulation?

wildworld

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but anyway - just as the title says...is it possible to conceive a day after ovulation? DF was away all of my fertile week. I did an OPK on Tuesday and it was a strong positive, which means I would've ovulated on the Wednesday. DF came back on Wednesday but was too tired to BD. We BD'd on Thursday night and Friday evening, so I'm not sure if we even have chance this month. If not, that's okay. I'm currently 5dpo.

I've read some posts, and people say 'yes, it's possible', but surely they would have just ovulated a little late? Have any of you ladies definitely conceived this way? Like, did you have a positive OPK, BD after ovulation, and fall pregnant?

Thanks in advance ladies xx :hugs:

I got a positive on a Friday.. Dtd Sunday evening and I'm preggo.. It was the only time near o so I know that it was the day of conception.. Gl

I got a positive on a Friday.. Dtd Sunday evening and I'm preggo.. It was the only time near o so I know that it was the day of conception.. Gl

Thank you!! This gives me hope. Congrats on your pregnancy! x

I have been having blood tests done to see when I'm ovulating so once I get the positive they tell me to have sex over the next 24-36 just to make sure you "get it"
So yes you can :)

Yes! The egg can "wait around" In your tubes for around 24 hours for sperm to get to it. Plus u could ovulated a little later if you'd just caught the start of your surge. I would always bd 2, preferably 3 days after to be safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->