Is it too early to be worried about decreased movement?

xarxa

Playin Conan while waitin
Reaction score
I'm in my 23rd week. Usually i feel movement in the morning, whenever i eat and when i go to bed. But the last two days i've had hardly no fetal movement, and those i can feel are very light.

I've checked the heartbeat and that is fine.

Should i be worried?

I had the same thing over the weekend. I was freaking out until I got a chance to get out the doppler and have a listen. But she more than made up for it yesterday after two days of hardly anything. I think it is normal though hun! :hugs: I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Especially if you can check the heartbeat and hear that everything is okay.

yep my LO has been quiet the last few days then she made up for it yesterday and hardly stopped all day!

Mine can stay still for days and then bash my insides with kicks another day. Try not to worry

At our hospital the policy is....if your over 20 weeks and notice decreased fetal movement. you should drink something cold and sweet and lay on your left side. you should feel at least 5 good movements within the hour....

So if you try this and dont notice much i'd call..better safe then sorry. 23 weeks is still early but hey i'd be calling.

Whats your doctors policies?

If the heartbeat sound sgood then i wouldnt worry too much.Keep an eye on it and if its few more quiet days perhaps phone midwife if worried.

I feel LO everyday however i get worried if she quiet.Yesterday she was moving so much it actually worried me!! So i guess days can differ a lot - quiet days to normal days to super active days. xx

I shouldnt worry just yet hun,some ppl dont start feelin LO till 25 weeks, I would start to worry when you are past 28-30 weeks.

I tried eating sugar, chocolate, drink some coffee and drink something cold and there was still nothing.

But she is back to kicking and bouncing again now, so i guess i was just overreacting. Now we can even see it!

Thanx for all the replies, and sorry that it took me so long to reply.

At this stage they can lie in all sorts of ways that mean you don't feel them kicking eg they might be kicking inwards or hitting the placenta. I wouldn't worry until you're about 30 weeks.

Mine has been very quiet the last couple of days, too. :( it freaks me out even though I hear the HB fine on the doppler... last night I was paranoid that it was slower than usual - I counted 134 whereas it's normally about 140. I know, it's practically no difference and it's still in the normal range, but my mind went crazy! Oh well, midwife on Monday.

:( Ive got this today - still active - seeign stomach move and feeling it with my hand.However it doesnt seem to be as crazy as normal.Usually ig et loadsa kicks and noq its just here and there and a couple/vibration feelings.It feels like she is in a different position and thats why its not as strong - as last few days id had some really huge kicks.

I really do hate this bit of pregnancy im always worried sick...

Funny that you guys are talking about this as I was worried about the same issue this morning and was interested in finding out about this! I don't know if any of you noticed any stretching ligaments pain under your belly accompanied with lesser movement!

So while browsing through my "Measure the Movements" pamphlet that my doctor gave me, I read that after 20 weeks whenever babies have growth spurts their movements may slow down for a day or so as they may have lesser room than before until the uterus squeezes the other organs further to stretch with the baby!

Hope this helps... :thumpup:

i have been the same for a few days...still been having movement but not as much and not as`strong. been crampy tho so hoping its just a growth spurt xx

My mat unit told me not to worry untill you get to about 26/28 Weeks because baby still has loads and loads of room to wiggle without you knowing but if your really worried just ring them up, but all they will really do is check the heartbeat since the machine to pick up movements might not due to size of baby.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->