Is it too early?

xxLeoxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Zoe and i am 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby. My hubby and i have been having a little look at baby names and we would really like to make an official start on choosing a name for our baby, however we are a little reluctant to do so because other people we have spoken too have said that it is a little early on in pregnancy to start this process. So i thought i would pop on here and ask: Is it to early to start choosing a name? if so, then When is the best time?

Zoe xoxo

Its never too early!!! But you might find when you baby comes, that they won't suit the name you chose first and so you'll be drawn to another one =) ! Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy! You must be ecstatic!! xxxxxxx

im 17 weeks and we have our names set for a girl and a boy! as soon as we found out we both fell in love with 'Louie' for a boy and its stuck, and a few weeks ago we both had our heart set on 'Harriet' for a girl... it might change, theres plenty of time left, but i think they will stick!

we've had our names decided for both sexes from 7 weeks! :thumbup:xx

Indeed! anyone who says "its too early" are just mardy gits!!! Don't let them steal your fun and happiness =D !! Its YOUR baby NOT theirs! you decide what you like when you like! If they wanna sit and be boring when they have theirs then let them haha!

xx

It's ever to early, there isn't a set time to when you can start picking baby names. Don't listen to other people, if you want to start picking names then start picking names lol :happydance:

Thank you all so much for your supportive comments, i am really happy that other people have the same opinions as ourselves :D

We have started creating a list today and we are actually getting somewhere now, which i am so happy about :)

We have agreed on loads of names and are actually shortening the list very quickly :happydance:

Zoe xoxo

of course it's not to early!
I've been debating them and I'm not nearly as far along as you are!

Go ahead a look and get a few you like, maybe if you can't decide you will when you see the baby.

Its never to early hun, you choose whenever you want! Same with buying, you buy things when you want to buy things, dont let people tell you its too early x

I don't think it's ever too early. It's so hard to choose a name and often you change it so many times before you finally decide :)

As everyone has said its never too early we had our little ones name picked out at 10 weeks for both boy and girl as we never found out the sex .

its not early the only time it would be to early is before you conceive

=]

i already have a girl and a boy's name picked out which me and OH LOVE!!! lol and i'm onli 6 weeks :) never too earli lol xxxx

We had a list of boys and girls names and then as soon as we found out he was a boy we picked our favourite and it stuck and thankfully we didnt change our minds as found it hard enough to choose that name

its never too early i picked my little girls frist name when i was about 8 years old and her second name at about 19 weeks gone.

and i have already picked my next babys names and i' not even pregnant lol

Dolly for a girl and Ennis for a boy

its not early the only time it would be to early is before you conceive

=]

haha, But that's exactly what I did! lol DH and I started discussing (okay, arguing over) names for our future children before we even got married! And now at 18 weeks... well, we're still arguing. We're going to need all the time we can get to figure this out or our baby will end up being named "Baby"!

:rofl:

It's totally up to you when you want to start looking at names. I like to plan things way out ahead of time, or at least try to. A lot of people wait to see their baby's face and just let the right name come to them. :)

iv been thinking since pretty early on!! ... only problem is i cant think of ANYTHING i like for her!!!!!

Oh it kinda annoys me when people say its to early to buy things or pick a name, there is never a right/wrong time.
You do what you do as & when you feel ready to.
If both you & oh want to talk names then go for it hun!!!

never too early!!! we had ours picked out before i even got pregnant! hehe!! its so much fun choosing names!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->